7-Seater MPV

Victor68

can look at Honda stepwgn size wise better or same as the triplet, confirm bigger then x-trail.

only con is the height but if u looking at the triplet then should not be an issue.

I'm also looking at MPV for my next ride. I realise now a lot of MPV have their 2nd row as two seater style. Any MPV that has 2nd row with three seaters?

Any bros here looking at Toyota Esquire/Noah or the Nissan X-Trail?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Honda Odyssey Hybrid already launched in Japan on 5 Feb.

02.jpg03.jpg01.jpg04.jpg05.jpg08.jpg09.jpg07.jpg10.jpg

Key Spec

Engine Capacity: 1,993cc (DOHC)

Max. Horsepower (Engine): 145ps @6,200rpm

Max. Horsepower (Motor): 184ps @5,000 - 6,000rpm

Max Torque (Engine): 175Nm @4,000rpm

Max Torque (Motor): 315Nm @0 - 2,000rpm

Fuel Consumption: 24.4Km/L to 26.0Km/L (JC08 standard)

got kerb weight info?

got kerb weight info?

Hybrid version, depending on trim level (non-4WD),

7 Seater => 1,860 - 1,880Kg

8 Seater => 1,810 - 1,820Kg

In comparison, normal petrol version (non-4WD),

7 Seater => 1,770 - 1,810Kg

8 Seater => 1,720 - 1,760Kg

Nett increase in weight due to the electric motor + Lithium battery pack is between 60 - 90Kg, which is very reasonable for a car of this size, imo. Now let wait for PI to bring it in. Should have market for it, as long as price <$180K (ideal would be ~$160K+).

• Praise 4

I'm also looking at MPV for my next ride. I realise now a lot of MPV have their 2nd row as two seater style. Any MPV that has 2nd row with three seaters?

Any bros here looking at Toyota Esquire/Noah or the Nissan X-Trail?

All the MPVs with only 2 seats on 2nd row (= 7-seater), also have option of having 3 seats there (= 8-seater).

If looking at MPVs and appreciate having enough space (Esquire/Noah has that), then forget about X-Trail, which doesn't have space.

• Praise 1

Next generation 5008 going to be a 7 seater crossover, so will be the Zafira...

2017-Peugeot-5008-5.jpg2017-Peugeot-5008-7.jpg2017-Peugeot-5008-9.jpg

Peugeot has started testing the first prototypes of the next 5008 in Sweden, with our spies there to capture the moment.

The new Peugeot 5008 will follow the footsteps of the smaller 3008 and will become more of a crossover and less of an MPV like the current model.

Crossovers are by far more popular than the van-like family cars and the new 5008 is hoping to bring more customers to Peugeot by jumping into this popular segment. If you are wondering how this transition will work, just look over at what Renault did with the Espace and the soon-to-be revealed Scenic.

We know that the new 5008 will share its platform with the next Opel Zafira, with the German company having already announced that the current people carrier will be replaced by a crossover, too.

Despite sharing the same platform and electrical systems with Opel, Peugeot will still use their own powertrains.

The camouflage is not revealing much, except perhaps the cleaner design language Peugeot is currently promoting with its latest models.

One of the main features of the new 5008 will be the vast interior room, with the cabin offering seating for up to seven people.

• Praise 4

All the MPVs with only 2 seats on 2nd row (= 7-seater), also have option of having 3 seats there (= 8-seater).

If looking at MPVs and appreciate having enough space (Esquire/Noah has that), then forget about X-Trail, which doesn't have space.

There is one MPV that has both 7 and 8 seater at the same time in the same car. Is Nissan Serena. The 2nd row can transform between 2 and 3 seater on the fly. The center seat at 2nd row can be slide forward to the driver's row.

• Praise 1

Yup, was also informed by my SE of this move which compelled me to buy a car now rather than later. I believe only KM's finance co is the only one left offering 1.88%. A difference of 0.5% over 5 years (11.4% vs 13.9%) could make quite a difference depending on the loan amount. [dizzy]

Cat B COE back in Dec was $60K. Has since softened to $47K. This should mitigate the extra interest % for those who buy now.

Honda Odyssey Hybrid already launched in Japan on 5 Feb.

02.jpg03.jpg01.jpg04.jpg05.jpg08.jpg09.jpg07.jpg10.jpg

Key Spec

Engine Capacity: 1,993cc (DOHC)

Max. Horsepower (Engine): 145ps @6,200rpm

Max. Horsepower (Motor): 184ps @5,000 - 6,000rpm

Max Torque (Engine): 175Nm @4,000rpm

Max Torque (Motor): 315Nm @0 - 2,000rpm

Fuel Consumption: 24.4Km/L to 26.0Km/L (JC08 standard)

Did a search on Honda official website and found out that the rated CO2 emission (based on JC08 testing cycle) is between 89.3 - 95.2g/Km, which put it in A1 band of our CEVS. And since the cheapest variant is expected to have an OMV of not less than $35K (basing on 80% of the retail price in Japan - which include taxes), this maybe the first Hybrid MPV that can claim the full S$30K CEVS rebate, provided that our LTA don't come up with other "unrecognised" testing cycle to determine a higher CO2 emission value.

• Praise 4

Nothing beats Mazda 5 seating capacity of 23 pax !

Seen this on back of a picanto.

I guess some people have weird kind of humour.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bros for all the comments. Of course I will have to make the final decision. All comments are good, especially those who have owned certain car and willing to give their personal experiences.

True, the Mobilio, Wish and Sienta are very similar to my Stream. Of the 3, I prefer Wish due to the interior finishes and size. The only set back is that this Wish looks very much like to old Wish and is at $124K as of yesterday.

Odyssey will be perfect but I am not ready to throw $152K yet simply because I still have 2 more years to wait. Although I drive the Stream, I don't get to sit at the 3rd row. From my experience in show car units, I find many of the MPV like  Mitsubishi Outlander and citroen grand Picasso do not have the leg room (Not enough clearance from seat to floor board). People with long legs will have problem, unlike Sienta which is a normal seat.

I also agree that most times, I hardly have 2 persons in the car. The 7-seater is more for occasional convenient so that we don't have to drive 2 cars. Anyway, most days, the 3rd row seats are folded and act as a booth. It is no different from a saloon car. Maybe just the look.

Biante and Mazda 5 same engine? Any Biante owner here care to share their experiences?

Thank you again.

They should be some variations. I have a friend who got it for 106K, a Wish I mean. Not from Borneo though.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this post as I cannot find the click to create a new post. :P

I am considering to get a July 2011 Touran. I viewed and tested two units.

1) Mileage 118K, pick-up is good, no unusual sounds.

2) Mileage 80K, noise in engine, dealer said it is loose timing belt; will get it fixed if I decide to purchase.

Will anyone advise me what are the things to look out for or do when getting a used VW Touran? And any opinion to (1) and (2)?

Appreciate anyone who could advise me. Thank you.

Regards,

Steven

I will suggest stay out of Volk at all times. My mechanics told me the famous 7 speed DSG gearbox cost 20k. Dont believe the dealer offer you engine or gearbox warranty. All bulls**t, they will try their best to reject and claim it is wear and tear issue.

• Praise 1

Nothing beats Mazda 5 seating capacity of 23 pax !

OK this Thursday TOTO $4 million first number goes to 23   [sly]

Need another 5 more ... :XD: 

OK this Thursday TOTO $4 million first number goes to 23   [sly]

Need another 5 more ... :XD: 

You mentioned Mazda 5, 4 mil on 10 / 03 / 20 16. I already gave you 1 extra number. Make it system 7. Opps, 8 number now... [grin]

• Praise 5

I will suggest stay out of Volk at all times. My mechanics told me the famous 7 speed DSG gearbox cost 20k. Dont believe the dealer offer you engine or gearbox warranty. All bulls**t, they will try their best to reject and claim it is wear and tear issue.

means alot of cars to stay out of liao...audi..porsche...lambo..bentley....bugatti....

13-marques-VW.jpg

↡ Advertisement