7-Seater MPV

Victor68

They should be some variations. I have a friend who got it for 106K, a Wish I mean. Not from Borneo though.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this post as I cannot find the click to create a new post. :P

I am considering to get a July 2011 Touran. I viewed and tested two units.

1) Mileage 118K, pick-up is good, no unusual sounds.

2) Mileage 80K, noise in engine, dealer said it is loose timing belt; will get it fixed if I decide to purchase.

Will anyone advise me what are the things to look out for or do when getting a used VW Touran? And any opinion to (1) and (2)?

Appreciate anyone who could advise me. Thank you.

Regards,

Steven

choose another car model

unless u have 12 k cash in hand to spare

6k engine

6k for mu / clutch

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

They should be some variations. I have a friend who got it for 106K, a Wish I mean. Not from Borneo though.

Hi,

2) Mileage 80K, noise in engine, dealer said it is loose timing belt; will get it fixed if I decide to purchase.

Will anyone advise me what are the things to look out for or do when getting a used VW Touran? And any opinion to (1) and (2)?

Regards,

Steven

my advice is buy a used sharan instead

:D

Hi,

I am considering to get a July 2011 Touran. I viewed and tested two units.

Will anyone advise me what are the things to look out for or do when getting a used VW Touran? And any opinion to (1) and (2)?

Regards,

Steven

Hi Steven,

Maybe you can consider 2011 Peugeot 5008?

my advice is buy a used sharan instead

:D

Sharan?! Not sure if my boss suay or what... Windscreen crack 3 times in 1st year. Road side breakdown 2 times (maybe more but I dun know). In 3 years, he visited workshop at least 20 times to short out "problem" with the car...

For me i will sure siam vw far far as I am just a cheap coolie and cannot afford all those time to workshop.

Hypersonic

Sharan?! Not sure if my boss suay or what... Windscreen crack 3 times in 1st year. Road side breakdown 2 times (maybe more but I dun know). In 3 years, he visited workshop at least 20 times to short out "problem" with the car...

For me i will sure siam vw far far as I am just a cheap coolie and cannot afford all those time to workshop.

Think he is suay

Hi dear all friend,

I am looking for Toyota wish, but I found that PI and BM, actually any differences?

type "toyota wish" at the top right hand corner.

Hi,

Regards,

Steven

A friend who switched from Stream to Touran said each normal servicing is $600 (or was it $800).  

Add in all the known issues of VW breakdowns here and there… you should reserve a bit of $$ for all these.

Neutral Newbie

A friend who switched from Stream to Touran said each normal servicing is $600 (or was it $800).  

Add in all the known issues of VW breakdowns here and there… you should reserve a bit of $$ for all these.

$800? this is based on servicing once a year or? 

$800? this is based on servicing once a year or? 

That i never asked. But I assume the frequency is same as Jap car. 

Even if conti is less frequent, i was surprised by the price… 

And of course we all know how good VW servicing centre is  [laugh]

Normal servicing (15K Km interval) at VW should be ~S$400 +/- (include labour and standard items like spark plug, engine oil, filter, washer fluid, etc.).

For major servicng (60K, 120K Km), cost would be higher, ~S$600 - S$900.

S$800 per servicing, most likely change of wear and tear parts such as wiper, battery, brake pad, etc.

• Praise 4

Confirmed sway. My sis ~4.5 years old Sharan (mileage >150K Km) so far so good. *touch wood*.

In fact based on my experince (with a 2.0TSI) and people that I know (close relatives of mine, driving Golf GTI, Passat CC 2.0 and Sharan), no doubt with the reliability of the EA888 2.0TSI engine + 6 Spd Wet Clutch DSG setup. I can't say the same for 1.8TSI with 7 Spd DSG though...

• Praise 5

My mum's Touran is less than 2 years old but had to have the clutch replaced recently. Seat lowering strap broke off very easily with one tug. All these under warranty but such a hassle to send it in. And the car is still relatively new. I will stay far far away from VW. The tyres also lasted only less than 2 years.

I drive the Odyssey RC1 and am getting between 11-12km/l. 80% highway driving (but nowadays highway also always jammed right haha)

• Praise 1

My mum's Touran is less than 2 years old but had to have the clutch replaced recently. Seat lowering strap broke off very easily with one tug. All these under warranty but such a hassle to send it in. And the car is still relatively new. I will stay far far away from VW. The tyres also lasted only less than 2 years.

I drive the Odyssey RC1 and am getting between 11-12km/l. 80% highway driving (but nowadays highway also always jammed right haha)

Touran got manual?

• Praise 1

Based on Honda Japan website, a total of 9,000 Odyssey were sold in a month (from 5 Feb to 5 Mar), of which 72% are hybrid model (i.e. close to 6,500 units)!

Let see if PI are fast enough to bring a few units here to test the market. With the good CO2 emission data, the MPV shall be priced quite close to the gasoline driven model from KM.

• Praise 4

Touran got manual?

VW are DCT which the clutches are control by the MU(A.I human clutch leg) which is the main thing that spoilt. Under the heat and condition of Asia roads.

For those X-speed gearbox they are using torque converter but also got clutch.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1