7-Seater MPV

Victor68

Why not 6-seat Honda Jade turbo charged variant?

Jade is a 6 seater and with no boot space when all seats up. For safety reason (3rd row occupant surrounded by glass all round), I would not recommend it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Any idea when these 2 cars will be sold here?

Heard Sharan will be 2nd half of the year?

Don't need to wait for AD to get Alhambra. It is already available to import all the engine and gearbox variants. And with warranty too.

If wait for AD, only limited to their configurations and subjected to their cutthroat markup

if always driving on fully loaded, then of course look at the 2.0 TSI or TDI. else, for occasional fully loaded the 1.4 TSI makes sense in Singapore. 1.4 TSI is the cheapest engine to buy. so can expect an even lower price. 

1.4 TSI is not significantly cheaper than say the 2.0 TSI / TDI. 1.4 is better suit for the smaller Touran imo.

• Praise 5

1.4 TSI is not significantly cheaper than say the 2.0 TSI / TDI. 1.4 is better suit for the smaller Touran imo.

Where do you get the prices?

Don't need to wait for AD to get Alhambra. It is already available to import all the engine and gearbox variants. And with warranty too.

If wait for AD, only limited to their configurations and subjected to their cutthroat markup

It's available from PI? Didn't know of any PI selling SEAT?

• Praise 5

It's available from PI? Didn't know of any PI selling SEAT?

Not from PI. from the company helping to do my skoda import. If you need contact, PM me.
  • Praise 1

Where do you get the prices?

Referencing to VW website, where else? The diff between 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TDI is around £1.5K (for the same trim / grade).

Btw, you mentioned that FR Line Alhambra can be had for $105K (before COE) and with warranty? What is the OMV, warranty period / coverage and does it cover all cost for putting it on our road (e.g. registration fee, IU, license plate, road tax, etc.) I am not taking side (in fact I am very calculative when come to costing), but we need to compare Apple to Apple, Assuming an OMV of $40K (last batch of Sharan at $38K+), the agent that import the car has almost no profits at all (after incurring cost to put the car on road), so how to finance warranty?

• Praise 5

Referencing to VW website, where else? The diff between 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TDI is around £1.5K (for the same trim / grade).

Btw, you mentioned that FR Line Alhambra can be had for $105K (before COE) and with warranty? What is the OMV, warranty period / coverage and does it cover all cost for putting it on our road (e.g. registration fee, IU, license plate, road tax, etc.) I am not taking side (in fact I am very calculative when come to costing), but we need to compare Apple to Apple, Assuming an OMV of $40K (last batch of Sharan at $38K+), the agent that import the car has almost no profits at all (after incurring cost to put the car on road), so how to finance warranty?

What kind of profits should someone earn for such import? Maybe Singaporeans are too used to paying high profit?

I have tried and tested so to me I only want to pay the bare minimal. Suggest you speak to the company directly... I am just sharing what I experienced.

Hypersonic

cannot be 40k omv lah

this is very close to the sharan eqp omv liao

:D

• Praise 1

cannot be 40k omv lah

this is very close to the sharan eqp omv liao

:D

The price for FR-Line Alhambra 2.0TDI (150ps) with 6 spd DSG is already >£35k, and even if I take away the 17% VAT, and other taxes / expenses (say another 30%), the price in UK (which I guess the importer will be getting their stock from) will ~£23k (i.e. ~S$46K).

So as a quick guage, I am using the Sharan as an yard stick to estimate the OMV (FR-Line is equivalent to Highline trim of Sharan).

For the one imported by Vertex Euro (most likely SE Lux trim), OMV maybe <S$38K (my own estimate).

• Praise 4

What kind of profits should someone earn for such import? Maybe Singaporeans are too used to paying high profit?

I have tried and tested so to me I only want to pay the bare minimal. Suggest you speak to the company directly... I am just sharing what I experienced.

Basing on OMV of S$40K (~£20k), the basic cost after tax is ~S$99K, plus another S$3K for other associated fee / cost (such as registration fee, road tax, IU, license plate, PSA handling / storage charges, LTA test fee, etc. etc.), the importer will have ~S$3K left. And if they still can provide warranty, then where is their profits?

Sorry, I just can't get the right sum after going through many calculations...

• Praise 4

From LTA's published OMV. Sharan 2.0 TSI OMV is $37718. Alhambra will be even lower since SEAT is priced lower. 

so i dont see why OMV of alhambra is $38K

Basing on OMV of S$40K (~£20k), the basic cost after tax is ~S$99K, plus another S$3K for other associated fee / cost (such as registration fee, road tax, IU, license plate, PSA handling / storage charges, LTA test fee, etc. etc.), the importer will have ~S$3K left. And if they still can provide warranty, then where is their profits?

Sorry, I just can't get the right sum after going through many calculations...

From LTA's published OMV. Sharan 2.0 TSI OMV is $37718. Alhambra will be even lower since SEAT is priced lower. 

so i dont see why OMV of alhambra is $38K

You might have missed out the point that FR-Line Alhambra come standard with Sunroof thus shall compare with OMV of Sharan with S/R (~ $41K, instead of $37K+ for model without S/R).

BTW, I am already puzzled how can AD get significant lower OMV than RRP in UK (almost 50% off UK RRP) .For reference, Sharan 2.0TDI SEL / Highline in UK cost >£36K (before optional HID lighting, metallic colour, and some other add on), and if importer (that just import 1 or 2 car of each brand / model vs AD with certain MOQ) is able to get close to AD's OMV or even lower, it might be too good to be true.

Well, let just wait for details for the AD's Alhambra before we comment further on costing and profits. Let return this thread for discussion on all 7 seater MPV. [nod]

• Praise 4

i don't have all the answers you posed, but there will always be unbelievablers until they really experienced it on their own.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Any idea when these 2 cars will be sold here?

Heard Sharan will be 2nd half of the year?

Sounds like the new 1.4 is a twin scroller with wet6.
  • Praise 2

Sounds like the new 1.4 is a twin scroller with wet6.

Maybe I'm biased but petrol 1.4l on MPV seems Abit underpowered to me even though it's twin scroll?

I could be wrong cos initially I also thought the 2GT 1.5l diesel was not sufficient but boy was I wrong haha!

• Praise 11

Maybe I'm biased but petrol 1.4l on MPV seems Abit underpowered to me even though it's twin scroll?

I could be wrong cos initially I also thought the 2GT 1.5l diesel was not sufficient but boy was I wrong haha!

The performance is very similar to your 2GT, probably because of similar power to weight ratio.

0 - 100Km/h: 10 sec

Top Speed: 198Km/h

But FC (@ 6.7L/100Km or 14.9Km/L) is quite far off from yours. Enjoy your ride and have a good weekend. [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4