7-Seater MPV

Victor68

This Serena - nice to have the folded seat table for middle row passengers, manual window blinds and separate (half or full) rear boots/tailgate.

Any idea the moonroof shown in the first picture (black roof) is fully open panaromic roof, sliding, tilt up (like estima) or just glass fix roof?

Highway star seems "common" across the board for presage, elgrand and serena...does it mean the higher specs version?

ha ha... you actually noticed so many things. I had to take a second look after reading your post.

Was looking at other things the first time round  [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

after minister comment on sex space

this will be the best selling car for 2017

hotel 81 on mobile [sly]

all you need is to invest on car curtain ... hehe

039_o.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Beside Serena, a lot of other models available for your consideration sir...

Estima

023_o.jpg

Odyssey

025_o.jpg

Alphard

043_o.jpg

Vellfire

047_o.jpg

Stepwagon

085_o.jpg

Jade

031_o.jpg

Esquire

042_o.jpg

Elgrand

087_o.jpg

Noah / Voxy

060_o.jpg

Freed

051_o.jpg

Prius Alpha

061_o.JPG

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 3

wonder why the green shirt guy's collar like that one .. he forgot to fold it back ? or is it in trend ? in fact saw some guys and even uncles also like that .. very cool meh ?  

Haven't had time to post on this, but last Sunday i went to Komoco to check out the Starex MPV. It's parked in the basement and not displayed in the showroom.

It's quite similar to the iMax that I'd rented in Australia and sat in Taiwan previously. It's closer to the Aussie one than Taiwan's, in that the 2nd row can be moved more flexibly.

Space-wise, it's huge, and has more luggage room than Alphard/Vellfire/Elgrand.

3rd row is fixed, and only the backrest can be folded down.

No electric sliding door, so that's a minus. Feature-wise, quite basic so nothing really fanciful.

It's diesel, btw, but sound insulation in the car is quite good, so don't feel too noisy.

The big turn-off, is it has a hefty price tag of $173k, which put it in the region of Sharan, and beyond.

I'll be surprised if it moves much.

Here's a pic of the luggage space:

post-17508-0-73124500-1477624137_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Haven't had time to post on this, but last Sunday i went to Komoco to check out the Starex MPV. It's parked in the basement and not displayed in the showroom.

It's quite similar to the iMax that I'd rented in Australia and sat in Taiwan previously. It's closer to the Aussie one than Taiwan's, in that the 2nd row can be moved more flexibly.

No electric sliding door, so that's a minus. Feature-wise, quite basic so nothing really fanciful.

It's diesel, btw, but sound insulation in the car is quite good, so don't feel too noisy.

The big turn-off, is it has a hefty price tag of $173k, which put it in the region of Sharan, and beyond.

20161023_170140 copy.jpg

At last it here.. but 174k is really... sigh
  • Praise 2

Go for the tested and proven model - Alphard. If in doubt, can ask JN!

after minister comment on sex space

this will be the best selling car for 2017

hotel 81 on mobile [sly]

all you need is to invest on car curtain ... hehe

039_o.jpg

Twincharged

attachicon.gif20161023_170140 copy.jpg

No wonder we don't see any of this on the roads. Not many people in SG will need such a huge car. For most, I guess Alphard size more than enough already.

At last it here.. but 174k is really... sigh

Yup, i think the sigh should be in caps and huge font size too...

The worst is this: the SE when i asked, said OMV is 'about $21k'... That puts it at the same level as my 06 Wish, which i paid $70k for (when COE was $9k, or $47k cheaper)... 

Am not sure what's the tax structure for diesel vehicle now and what's the PARF difference, but if not significant, it will mean same OMV, but price is $50+k more expensive (taking away the COE component).

Also, it was mentioned that Sharan has OMV around $35k, and it's only selling at $165k, it would take some who is madly in love with Hyundai to choose this  :XD:

• Praise 1

No wonder we don't see any of this on the roads. Not many people in SG will need such a huge car. For most, I guess Alphard size more than enough already.

I did see quite a few commercial/goods version on the road before, and also one 4-row bus, which operates near my house in the morning. Pure MPV, only saw Malaysian plate ones here. 

The SE had compared it with Alphard/Vellfire, saying the price is cheaper and Hyundai lost out in prestige c.f. Toyota.... 

To me, i think they got their sums completely wrong, hence nobody will buy. If the SE was correct in saying OMV is ~$21k, they should be selling it at max $135k to have any hope of moving it.

Here's a pic of the car at the basement.

post-17508-0-26888400-1477671656_thumb.jpg

Twincharged

I did see quite a few commercial/goods version on the road before, and also one 4-row bus, which operates near my house in the morning. Pure MPV, only saw Malaysian plate ones here. 

The SE had compared it with Alphard/Vellfire, saying the price is cheaper and Hyundai lost out in prestige c.f. Toyota.... 

To me, i think they got their sums completely wrong, hence nobody will buy. If the SE was correct in saying OMV is ~$21k, they should be selling it at max $135k to have any hope of moving it.

Here's a pic of the car at the basement.

attachicon.gif20161023_171850 copy.jpg

If they price it anywhere close to $135k, I'll definitely consider that as my next car. Lol. Sat in one before and it isn't too bad. Not as many luxurious features but comfort and sound insulation was almost as good as the estima I used to drive.

Neutral Newbie

Hey your title is 7seater MPV, I'm sure you are looking for a MPV. I have the best for you. The 2016 Toyota Estimated 2.4 inclusive of COE plus a moon roof as well.

Cousin of Nissan Serena, JDM Suzuki Landy. Apart from the outlook, everything are the same as Serena (just like Sharan & Alhambra).

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8