Any recommended workshop with reasonable labour charges?

Zsr19

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Thinking to buy engine mount parts n find a workshop to change. Any workshop recommendation with reasonable labour charges. U can pm me too.

My ride is altis 06.

My current servicing workshop always charge double for labour cost as to discourage people buying parts n ask them to fix.
Faint.

Thanks a lot.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Thinking to buy engine mount parts n find a workshop to change. Any workshop recommendation with reasonable labour charges. U can pm me too.

My ride is altis 06.

My current servicing workshop always charge double for labour cost as to discourage people buying parts n ask them to fix.

Faint.

Thanks a lot.

Ask Garage Republic. Look for boss Dexter Leow 81612636. Price is reasonable boss is an honest chap. They do jap korean and lots of alfas.

But cant blame if your workshop charges you more ex for labour if you bring own parts cause if everyone does that they cannot earn. Just my two cents. To me as long as the workshop is good and can give me what i want I'll support. Unless they really trying to tok me. Haha.

Edited by alfakidz85

Hi,

Look for Eric, a very honest and reasonable mechanic, he is the boss of Benefit Auto Care Pte Ltd. Well lots of people will always say his mechanic is honest and good blah blah blah ! 

I don't see a need to praise him here, just go down and check him out yourself, if you are comfortable with him, try him out, if not you can always withdraw, anyway diagnostic/consultation is free.

Why I strongly recommend you to him is becos I've tried many mechanics and been conned by many until one of my friend intro him to me. (I drove Honda Civic) He actually specializes Honda car but also did a lot of other models thru recommendation by his existing clients.

One word from my experience with him, a very knowledgeable mechanic with extreme understanding of engines and transmission gearboxes, furthermore price VERY REASONABLE, no hanky panky from him.

Quite a cute guy, modern in his company's attire, he manages his business and assign job for his mechanic to repair.

All his mechanics are decent young men, their appearance looks like those NUS graduates, all hardworking and decent looking unlike those that we usually see in any workshops always trying to slash and rip off car owners.

In a nutshell, try him out and you will have no regret !

Eric - 9489 4895

Benefit Auto Care Pte Ltd

11 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-02 

Eunos Technolink 

Jb more then 50% discount lol

Hi,

I used to repair in JB, no doubt the price is cheap, no doubt about it but when it comes to engine and gearboxes, I strongly encourage you to have it repaired in Singapore.

Their knowledge of the modern electronic engines and tiptronic transmission gearboxes are very limited (unless you go back to agent), furthermore most workshops in JB have no proper hi tech computerized system to diagnose and repair the fault. 

Changing of brake pad, servicing etc.......simple tasks, YES most workshop can do it but not repair !

just my personal experience to share with you guys, thanks !

Hi,

My ride is altis 06.

Faint.

Thanks a lot.

If you have the time, bring the parts to any ws in jb and you will find their charges are way much lower than the lowest you can find in Spore.

My bearing is due for replacement & I have received a few quotes ranges from 200+ to nearly 400 for a set of OEM excluding pressing that will be another 50 bucks.

I know businesses need to make money to survive but its just that most of them here wanted to make fast bucks.......

Some have a meal at $10 & some have it at $100 or even more

Their knowledge of the modern electronic engines and tiptronic transmission gearboxes are very limited (unless you go back to agent), furthermore most workshops in JB have no proper hi tech computerized system to diagnose and repair the fault. 

So people across the straits are driving cars not of modernized engines transmission? Lol.....

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, sorry to ask for a recommended workshop for repairing peugeot 308 head gasket?

Hi, sorry to ask for a recommended workshop for repairing peugeot 308 head gasket?

Try Thomas & partners at amk autopoint.They do French.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for your advice. May I know how much will it cost for changing head gasket?

(edited)

For those JB fans, let me relate my experience. Once I paid just labour charge to change ATF incl ATF filter in jb. Brought my own parts. Much cheaper labour charge compared to Sin.

That very night, I had ATF leak under my car when I came back from a function. Called JB mechanic and he immediately said maybe I bought non-ori parts...

Towed to Sin ws and found the ATF pan gasket had deformed.

LL paid for second ATF change at the Sin ws. Luckily my gearbox was not damaged, else it would be out of pocket repair.

Lesson learned: there is risk in buying own parts, and if car develops problem after repair it will be troublesome to tow it back to JB.

Edited by Beng2

Hypersonic

For those JB fans, let me relate my experience. Once I paid just labour charge to change ATF incl ATF filter in jb. Brought my own parts. Much cheaper labour charge compared to Sin.

That very night, I had ATF leak under my car when I came back from a function. Called JB mechanic and he immediately said maybe I bought non-ori parts...

Towed to Sin ws and found the ATF pan gasket had deformed.

LL paid for second ATF change at the Sin ws. Luckily my gearbox was not damaged, else it would be out of pocket repair.

Lesson learned: there is risk in buying own parts, and if car develops problem after repair it will be troublesome to tow it back to JB.

I thought lesson learnt should be don't go jb ws?

• Praise 2

Most of the workshops will try to save on this small comsumable item - Copper | Aluminium | Nylon drain plug Seal Washers when changing engine / transimsiion fluid. If the re-used item fails and if the driver didn't notice any oil dripping, the end result can cause serious damage to the engine or transmission.

So if the shop mechanic did not replace the used washer in yr next oil change, pl insists on a new washer and if necessary pay for the item which may not cost more than s$1.00

Don't be penny wish and pound foolish.

post-272-0-55076100-1465265225_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1