Any recommended workshop with reasonable labour charges?

Zsr19

Supercharged
12 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Crazy. When you get many others with oil bundle for 70-140

my problem is that hard to find shop that stock ACEA A5 oil that my S60 needs so boh pian gotta buy own oil and find shop to do the labour.

anyone can recommend shop that change oil for $50 or less? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

18 hours ago, Eyke said:

my problem is that hard to find shop that stock ACEA A5 oil that my S60 needs so boh pian gotta buy own oil and find shop to do the labour.

anyone can recommend shop that change oil for $50 or less? 

Which S60 engine that requires you to buy your own oil? Run on 5W30 or 0W20? Even so, both are common and readily available for volvo petrol engines be it castrol or original...

Supercharged
Just now, mersaylee said:

Which S60 engine that requires you to buy your own oil? Run on 5W30 or 0W20? Even so, both are common and readily available for volvo petrol engines be it castrol or original...

it's not the weight (0W30, 5W30) but the ACEA A5 requirement

14 minutes ago, Eyke said:

it's not the weight (0W30, 5W30) but the ACEA A5 requirement

A5 is a bit harder to find. It's for long oil change intervals. If you change at 10k km A3 specs can be used.

Can try to change your own engine oil. Just buy a fluid extractor. Volvo filters are easy to access. In fact I would prefer DIY. I just discovered my WS did not put in the o-ring on the filter cover during my last oil change. Really WTF! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

16 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

A5 is a bit harder to find. It's for long oil change intervals. If you change at 10k km A3 specs can be used.

Can try to change your own engine oil. Just buy a fluid extractor. Volvo filters are easy to access. In fact I would prefer DIY. I just discovered my WS did not put in the o-ring on the filter cover during my last oil change. Really WTF! 

That's why I always make it a point to supervise when I go for EO change...that gasket cums with the kit is for a good reason...

Volvo service schedule is now every 15k or 12 months whichever earlier...but I usually change at every 8 month when oil was cheap and I could use 5W40 then...now only can 0W20 or 5W30 for the B4154T5 engine 

Edited by mersaylee
  • Praise 1

40 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Low SAP requirement. Diesel?

Oh it's a diesel...not familiar with those...most likely a D2 or D4...there's a super rare D3 here though. 

Supercharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Low SAP requirement. Diesel?

Petrol. 

From what i read ACEA A5 seems to be for better fuel economy, so may be fine even if use oil that is not A5 🤔

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

my S60 2.0T (2011) is an exception, there's a fat (difficult to remove/move out of the way) hose blocking access to the filter, making it a pain 😅

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

these days easier, e.g. found SHU A5 spec imported from HK @Shopee: https://shopee.sg/Shell-Helix-Ultra-5W30-Engine-Oil-i.250388472.8279985746

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 2

On 9/4/2022 at 9:50 AM, Volvobrick said:

What will happen to the car if the o-ring is not there? It is supposed to be replaced with new piece every servicing or can be recycled? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Johnnylim said:

What will happen to the car if the o-ring is not there? It is supposed to be replaced with new piece every servicing or can be recycled? Thanks.

Possible some oil leak. The cover is plastic so if tightened enough not so bad. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi does anyone have reliable workshop to recommend for cabriolet repair? Having some issue with the soft top opening, suspect there’s a broken part