What If You Had SGD10.2 Billion! RIP Mr Kwek

Vinceng

I think the interesting question will be "What is the first thing you will do to reward yourself before deciding on what to do with the money"

Examples (which are non exhaustive)

1) Grab your loved ones for a no holds barred meal

TW : This I doing now.

2) Ring up your boss / most nasty client and talk shit

TW : Ring Boss ask when need to submit report / Most nasty client - try to siam.

3) Go to a top end boutique and deck yourself up in the finest wear

TW : Go G2000, UniQlo, Zara can ?

4) Make arrangement to book your dream car (mine is Supra)

TW : continue drive my car until scrap and then buy new car base on cheap price

5) Yawn and sleep the whole day (You don't have to call in sick to skip work)

TW : Continue work as usual.

6) Do nothing at all and start to plan how to spent the 10.2B (Aww, so boring)

TW : Do everything the same as yesterday.

Lifestyle no need to change if one is satisfied with what he/she is already doing now.

Money is not yours until you spend it, I'd prefer to spend to make a difference to people's lives.

As for me, I try not to change my lifestyle as what I have now is enough for me.

The only nice thought is I won't have to worry about money.

↡ Advertisement

At least he died due to sickness.

I read recently a HKG Billionaire died from a Champagne Cork hitting his forehead while hosting and celebrating his 50th Birthday.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/china-billionaire-killed-by-champagne-bottle-cork/

Frankly, for those who have much, spend it wisely on those who have little.

I know this is an old thread, but even without being a millionaire yet alone a billionaire, our bosses who I always feel also made a decent enough money with a condo, and branded cars should not be enslaved all of us to work 12 hours a day. 

how many of us wish he or she had a near death experience and start to cherish life so that we too, can have a work life balance OR live up to the fact that they have a dysfunctional family and should spend time correcting the situation at home and not hound the staff at the office.

I truly feel that denial is what breed contempt in the workplace and the whole island can be a better place.

At last, I too do not see how to tell my bosses that because I am like a maid. Who am I to tell my bosses how to live life or at least live this life correctly and enjoyed what they have struggled to achieve. 

In many ways, I find that the harder we work to make a living so that the family can live a more fulfilling life, the more anguish and comparison we do to reach another benchmark of a life we truly believe we should want to have.

So how does this relate to the millionaire who wants it all? 

In my mind, it's more of fear of coming down from the highest reach or the peak of the high. Lowering it will be deemed a failure.... and hence we continue this circle of life

Edited by Sdf4786k

I know this is an old thread, but even without being a millionaire yet alone a billionaire, our bosses who I always feel also made a decent enough money with a condo, and branded cars should not be enslaved all of us to work 12 hours a day.

how many of us wish he or she had a near death experience and start to cherish life so that we too, can have a work life balance OR live up to the fact that they have a dysfunctional family and should spend time correcting the situation at home and not hound the staff at the office.

I truly feel that denial is what breed contempt in the workplace and the whole island can be a better place.

At last, I too do not see how to tell my bosses that because I am like a maid. Who am I to tell my bosses how to live life or at least live this life correctly and enjoyed what they have struggled to achieve.

In many ways, I find that the harder we work to make a living so that the family can live a more fulfilling life, the more anguish and comparison we do to reach another benchmark of a life we truly believe we should want to have.

In my mind, it's more of fear of coming down from the highest reach or the peak of the high. Lowering it will be deemed a failure.... and hence we continue this circle of life

Sustainability is most impt

Not Cheong until want to die then suddenly retire

Do a meaningful job, do at reasonable pace, do as long as your body can take it

Take small retirements every year, month, week

• Praise 9

There must always be stops in our lives ... Stops to take a breather and refresh ...

Stops to recharge our lives as well as time to love our family ...

Know when to relax and we will have a relax life later

• Praise 5

this billionaires was not stressed to death, in fact he was the least stressed in the family. 

• Praise 1

Not that I disagree with your main gist, but looking from another perspective:

if your bosses did not cheong in the beginning or even now with the economy trying to stay afloat, would you still have a job now, still, to have the luxury to contemplate the all important question of whether you should be telling your bosses to slow down?

• Praise 6

a certain mr chow also mentioned that employees are liked maid.

you dont take orders from a maid do you. as quoted by him

are you still working for him

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 2

Henceforth, personally its really about the company culture n your boss

Can change company to one where everyone goes back on time or have a boss who is married with a young kid, they understand best 

Even if a higher salary dangling, sometimes the lure of work life balance beats that thought of leaving 

• Praise 2

Henceforth, personally its really about the company culture n your boss

Can change company to one where everyone goes back on time or have a boss who is married with a young kid, they understand best

Even if a higher salary dangling, sometimes the lure of work life balance beats that thought of leaving

Well. ..

When bosses are old singles or with grown up kids.

Colleagues are also old singles or childless. .

And you have young kids. . Knn worst combination.

Well. ..

When bosses are old singles or with grown up kids.

Colleagues are also old singles or childless. .

And you have young kids. . Knn worst combination.

at least the japanese PM abe has balls to own up that the japanese way of life and culture has to be changes in order for Japan to survive

Have 10B will play monopoly.. Then collect cars like collect tomica toy cars.. Then provide freelance (not free) consultancy..

Every am n pm enjoy reunion meal w family, no need atas one, foodcourt / kopitiam / hawker ctr oso ok.

Most are staying late for show only niah... Go in meetings talk long long.... still no conclusion, wait for someone to make the decision....

It's a deep seated problem.

at least the japanese PM abe has balls to own up that the japanese way of life and culture has to be changes in order for Japan to survive

• Praise 1

at least the japanese PM abe has balls to own up that the japanese way of life and culture has to be changes in order for Japan to survive

work life in singapore is not even half the stress of what in japan lor.
  • Praise 1

I tell myself to very work hard until I reach 55 to accumulate enough cash.

From 55 to 65 years, it's time to retire and enjoy everything in Malaysia for 10 years - Big country, big house, big cars and big everything.

From 65 years onward, I need to rush back and stay in Singapore.

So, as to ensure my ambulance can arrive on time.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 3