What If You Had SGD10.2 Billion! RIP Mr Kwek

Vinceng

Buy over Liverpool FC and Man United FC..... [smash]

Buy one 5 stars hotel and stay in the President Suite. No more worries of cleaning the room, clothings, and food ... [inlove]

Businessman won't think that way..

The suite can be used to earn more money for the hotel  [grin]

↡ Advertisement

This topic reminds me of my primary school days Composition decades ago  - like "what would would you do if you found a Million Dollars" all write like "goody two shoes"  and finally after all the "niceties like charity, give here and there and relatives and workers and open Insurance/ Fixed Deposit a/c "  whatever little  last balance(must be below like 1% - buy toys at last of a small percentage of the quantum; only way to score  

• Praise 1

that's why many ppl quit the senseless corporate life and move on to do meaningful things................

provided ppl r able to quit corporate life. how many could actually afford to do that, though affordability is relative.

ok, if have SGD10.2B, i may even quit well before that n probably do volunteer work for rest of my life. with that amount of $, can even enjoy passive n beat inflation for many yrs to come. investors n bankers come knockin on ur door everyday.

A colleague was sharing with me this saying "ren zai tian tang, qian zai ying hung, er nui zai gong tang"...

One in heaven, money in bank, children in court.

Meaning once one passed on with great wealth, children will sue each other in court for inheritance.

If one know how young one will die, not sure if one will really cherish money or loved ones more. Of cos, if can have both, one will have lived life well.

If I have that much wealth, I will donate half, not to ahjib but charities and half to family members and some friends.

Luckily I dun have that much or very much either.... I think problems of rich and poor are similar in a way, the rich's problem cannot be solved with money and the poor's problem cannot be solved without money.

Safe ride, dun daydream... Hehe.... Am sure most of us will definitely get a nice brand new ride first with that moolah.

Cheers

not only A brand new ride, probably a few since can afford garage. remember smone once said, "i drive one, my wife drives one".

• Praise 1

Life is unpredictable ... money cannot buy life ...

But we still can't do without money ... it's a fact ...

wrg bro... no one can do without money... its juz a matter of personal definition of what is no money... 

• Praise 1

This topic reminds me of my primary school days Composition decades ago  - like "what would would you do if you found a Million Dollars" all write like "goody two shoes"  and finally after all the "niceties like charity, give here and there and relatives and workers and open Insurance/ Fixed Deposit a/c "  whatever little  last balance(must be below like 1% - buy toys at last of a small percentage of the quantum; only way to score  

It's easy to talk s h i t about donating half to charity and spending with family and friends when all these people have is probably $15,000 or $150,000. Things will be very different if they actually made it to the $10B level.

• Praise 2

It's easy to talk s h i t about donating half to charity and spending with family and friends when all these people have is probably $15,000 or $150,000. Things will be very different if they actually made it to the $10B level.

My time about 40+++ years back .... we don't even know whats a billion, only after all this QE crap came in billions lost its shine to trillions now

anyway it was just composition back then   

ya, truth is more rich usually more "careful" (read: ngiao) with money.

I think the interesting question will be "What is the first thing you will do to reward yourself before deciding on what to do with the money"

Examples (which are non exhaustive)

1) Grab your loved ones for a no holds barred meal

2) Ring up your boss / most nasty client and talk shit

3) Go to a top end boutique and deck yourself up in the finest wear

4) Make arrangement to book your dream car (mine is Supra)

5) Yawn and sleep the whole day (You don't have to call in sick to skip work)

6) Do nothing at all and start to plan how to spent the 10.2B (Aww, so boring)

I will hire an advisor to help me how to spend my $10b :D

• Praise 1

But it's still better to be rich than poor. Assuming both got health issues, the rich folk got money to fund medical treatment, the poor folk neh?

Of course, doing extremes just to get rich is big NO NO.

Who don't want money? And lots of them?

I couldn't agree more.

Any rich people that disagree with this

are most welcome to send me your money.

:D

• Praise 2

...provided you are alive.

The man who has this money has passed away at a relatively young age, but his final "home" (coffin) is no bigger than the beggar on the street who has passed on.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/cdl-deputy-chairman-kwek/2265690.html

Change your perspective of life.

Be content with what you have.

There is no end to the paper chase.

Don't make the mistake of spending your youth chasing after wealth & glamour....

Only to spend your retirement years chasing after health....

You will be in no capacity to enjoy your wealth !

I am so happy you said that.

I spend my youth chasing young lesbians.

Now that I am old and poor I thought that I wasted it

and should have chased wealth instead. 

So I didn't waste my youth then and I feel so much

better reading what you wrote.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1