Is Suzuki Solio pulled out of local market?

Pss2

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 1:45 PM, mikk123 said:

agree. but Xbee is not a better alternative compare with Solio.  But I don't get it...solio is a family car and it is very spacious inside...it should be in demand here? I drove it in Japan during holiday, it is very very practical... furthermore, it now has hybrid version... should qualify for more government subsidy? Any boss who is in the Parallel Important business enlighten me on this ? 

where to rent a Suzuki in japan? I wanted to rent a jimny to try it out before I decide whether to get one here.

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

what a waste!....Suzuki is fun car to drive and it is a people's brand. Now it is so rare to see them.... If I am suzuki japan, time to change agent. 

You do realize Suzuki is under Inchsacape? Which means they are with Toyota also. If they cannot market the brand properly who can?

46 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Look at the just launched jimny.  How many are on the roads?

Its just too expensive and with an unusable back seat, its appeal will be limited. 

And how many of us drive through muddy and rocky terrain everyday? The Jimmy drives poorly on normal roads due to its crude and tough ladder frame chassis and true off road suspension. And the lack of decent top speed a big issue on the NSHW 

10 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

i know... could it be inchape is too busy with toyota ad neglected suzuki. Too much to chew?...then let others eat lah. 

Suzuki uses many Toyota parts, it is natural for Inchscape to sell alongside Toyota

Suzuki is really a car company that specializes in small cars. Thats their mission really. It is not selling well in SG is becos of our crazy tax systems, it is not logical to spend so much money for a tiny car. 

Suzuki is selling damn well in JDM and India, Indonesia. You really need to check out their K cars in Japan. They are very well designed and many models showed what the Japs can do to max space in a tiny K car platform. And despite their tiny sizes, specs are very impressive 

Too bad these K cars are not designed to be export models. Prob they can't meet the most stringent safety standards required by the western markets. 

4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

i know... could it be inchape is too busy with toyota ad neglected suzuki. Too much to chew?...then let others eat lah. 

Ya, agree. Best candidate is to let our "smarter" than most car engineers cum "great" foresight Cheefarn aka Mr. Yip to be our local AD for suzuki cars.

Under his helm, next time all suzuki cars import in sure will have integrated audio unit & big CC engines (No 3000cc, no talk) from GM. Since GM like to put their badge on Japanese cars (Chevrolet tracker = Suzuki vitara)

Edited by Sugimoto
  • Haha! 4

12 minutes ago, Sugimoto said:

Ya, agree. Best candidate is to let our "smarter" than most car engineers cum "great" foresight Cheefarn aka Mr. Yip to be our local AD for suzuki cars.

Under his helm, next time all suzuki cars import in sure will have integrated audio unit & big CC engines (No 3000cc, no talk) from GM. Since GM like to put their badge on Japanese cars (Chevrolet tracker = Suzuki vitara)

He talk like so easy.  Ask him to do ? Well.....

When you will guys stop mess up other people's thread just to take some cheap shots at totally irrelevant stuff? Not everyone appreciates your childish behaviors

Your idiotic and childish counters just shows how uninformed you guys are. As it stands now, even 马云 himself may not be successful in running any automotive dealership in SG, at least not what most would define the term successful from an automotive sale point of view.

Our gov illogical and counter productive tax and env policies will make sure only the selected few range of models have the potential to sell decently in SG. Our policies does not encourage diversity in the automotive world and all brands and models are expected to follow their preset policies checklist so that they can be 'mainstream'. 

Any attempts to sell something different will be ridiculed at and given the thumbs down from people like you guys. You guys are already trained to follow the mainstream and you will buy only products that are the best sellers. Follow the herd mentality. 

So if anything, it is the gov policies that require changing. 

17 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

When you will guys stop mess up other people's thread just to take some cheap shots at totally irrelevant stuff? Not everyone appreciates your childish behaviors

Your idiotic and childish counters just shows how uninformed you guys are. As it stands now, even 马云 himself may not be successful in running any automotive dealership in SG, at least not what most would define the term successful from an automotive sale point of view.

Our gov illogical and counter productive tax and env policies will make sure only the selected few range of models have the potential to sell decently in SG. Our policies does not encourage diversity in the automotive world and all brands and models are expected to follow their preset policies checklist so that they can be 'mainstream'. 

Any attempts to sell something different will be ridiculed at and given the thumbs down from people like you guys. You guys are already trained to follow the mainstream and you will buy only products that are the best sellers. Follow the herd mentality. 

So if anything, it is the gov policies that require changing. 

People have been attacking me and taking cheap shots at my posts too. What to do? There are xxxxers in mcf, a lot of them.  Just live and let live. 

Good afternoon, Mr. Yip! Today so free ah? no viewing appointments for your car today?

We are praising you leh! Suan you also grumpy, praise you also grumpy, You are grumpy bear ah?

Want to talk about Gov policies, pls go Speakers' corner at Hong Lim park. We are not interested in your proposed policies here, remember to apply permit hor!

Edited by Sugimoto
  • Haha! 2

23 hours ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Look at the just launched jimny.  How many are on the roads?

worldwide high demand, 10mths waitlist in some countries.

Singapore also limited stock.

20 minutes ago, Lava said:

worldwide high demand, 10mths waitlist in some countries.

Singapore also limited stock.

This webby has a lot of new car sitting in the yard le

Jimny Sierra

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/SUZUKI/JIMNY_SIERRA/700080403130200219001/index.html

Jimny

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/SUZUKI/JIMNY/700020677530200220001/index.html

On 2/20/2020 at 4:41 PM, Cheefarn said:

Your idiotic and childish counters just shows how uninformed you guys are. 

Come down from your high horse and try to understand why people react to your posts in this manner. Take a piss and look at your own reflection lah. You are so damn arrogant. 

On 2/20/2020 at 4:41 PM, Cheefarn said:

Yes, ALL of us here drive Toyota Corolla Altis. How did you guess?

• Haha! 3

It's actually a 2015 model with a 2021 facelift.

1.2l engine means barely any power like attrage and note. Pls remember to keep left.

Edited by Ceecookie

2 hours ago, mikk123 said:

i drove it when i was on holiday in japan. Felt it was capable car for japan road, so it is sufficient road for sg lah.... lots of space and practical for family usage. If people can bring in Honda Nbox and Suzuki every, then this one is ok. I often saw those suzuki every running 80km on our expressway. 

The Solio somewhat looks like the Serena.. 

Actually, since we pay the same COE no matter how small or big the car is, isnt it good if we get something like a 5 seater Serena if we do not need to seat 7 at a lower price?

Price is 'upsized' but price differential wouldnt be as much in SG than as in Japan.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1