Kia Sportage 2016

yes u can find from sgcarmart at 117999.

Still dont look enticing at this price. Current model too bare. 

Likely go for Sorento. Any bros keen for Kia, perhaps we can get a better deal together?

Likely to decide by this month end.

• Praise 1

Hi guys

Just checked out the new sportage 2.0 GT-line at KIA. Looks very impressive full specs with 19' inch rims, electric tailboard and etc...

Roadshow happening from Tuesday at Vivo. Price wise I'm not sure, should be ard 130k and omv ard 27k. 

Cant wait to see the full vehicle.

post-180452-0-34512300-1476675530_thumb.jpg

Pay 10k more for gt specs w ice cube drl, 19" alloys, piano black door n steering wheel trims, e park brake n e tailgate. I find interior spacious n wide n well built though all black. Omv 27k n ngcoe at 130k after applicable disc. Nice but pass as too ex for k brand no doubt marked improvement these few yrs.

Anyone owing a Kia Sportage? Any review to share? Worth the price or should have get other call for the same amount $125K range? what are your thoughts

These are the following cars you can consider:

Kia Sportage

$126K

Hyundai Tucson

$128K

Nissan X-Trail

$130K

Subaru Forester 2.0

$123K

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4

$120K

Mazda CX 3

$124K

There's nothing else in this price range... the CX3 is much smaller than the Sportage.

Most value for money is the Outlander at only $120K, but it's a 2.4 L. The ASX is one class below, much smaller...

The best car in the segment is the X-Trail, it's one class above the rest, but at $5K more...

Conclusion is that you can get the X-Trail if that additional $5K is within budget, or if you're looking to reduce budget, then the Outlander, but the savings go to pay the extra road tax and fuel (breaks even with cost over 10 years for Sportage).

So the Sportage is really in the sweet zone... it's more modern than the Outlander... but not shabby compared to the X-Trail... yet it costs less...

Hi, I have been driving the sportage gt line since Nov and did a road trip up north to KL over cny.

Overall I'm very pleased with the performance and practicality. Sportage definitely has more features than the X-Trail and outlander. For the amount of gadgets you get, it really worth it.

Previously I drive a civic FD 2.0, the gt line does drive better even this it's high. Suspension is good when cornering too.

Only concerns are, the engine performance can be better despite 155bhp and FC is ard 12KM/L based on 70% expressway driving.

Anyone driving Kia Sportage? Anyone driving GT Line Sportage especially? Anyone have those mangentic laser sunshade? And Viso? where to get them

Doesn't matter, same for all Sportage models... try Laser Shades Singapore. Google for their contact. You're looking at $250 for 5 pieces. All windows except the front windscreen.

Went to Laser Shade. Unfortunately it does matter. Kia Sportage generation 3 (2015-16) vs generation 4 (2016-2017) windows differs in measurement. Gen 3 sunshade too small for Gen 4's

Can't see ATF stick in Sportage. Any owner can advise whether Sportage needs ATF fluid change, how do guage? Any experience or pointers to share?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Went to Laser Shade. Unfortunately it does matter. Kia Sportage generation 3 (2015-16) vs generation 4 (2016-2017) windows differs in measurement. Gen 3 sunshade too small for Gen 4's

Can't see ATF stick in Sportage. Any owner can advise whether Sportage needs ATF fluid change, how do guage? Any experience or pointers to share?

Whoever tell you their gb atf no need oil change, you better run far far from him.... Hehehe

In my K3 also no dip stick for the gearbox. Manual says no need change ATF as it is a long life version but at another page, it mentioned if drive under demand condition, change at every 100,000KM. If you look at your engine bay, you'll 2 hose came out from the gearbox to the side of radiator, I guess that is the ATF cooler but seem like more of a heater than cooler since its near radiator.

I'll be changing or rather upgrading that to a Hayden Cooler for better heat transfer. 

↡ Advertisement