2016 Toyota Prius

minion

So your new rim's is 15x6.5J 5x100 +38?

Im definitely looking at 17"..just wondering whether +44 offset on a 17x8J is enough to flush the rims to the body

Read somewhere 17" will decrease the fuel economy. How drastic I'm not so sure.

What's wrong with 15"? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Read somewhere 17" will decrease the fuel economy. How drastic I'm not so sure.

What's wrong with 15"?

Not so much the rim size that affects the fuel economy..but more of the weight of the bigger rim and wider tyres that will affect fuel economy...

If the bigger rim is lighter than the stock rims..the rim size increase might be migitated though..

Also..wider tyres will increase your contact with the road...more contact..more friction..more energy needed to move the vehicle..

Nothing wrong with 15"...just like the looks of a bigger rim..

• Praise 1

Not so much the rim size that affects the fuel economy..but more of the weight of the bigger rim and wider tyres that will affect fuel economy...

If the bigger rim is lighter than the stock rims..the rim size increase might be migitated though..

Also..wider tyres will increase your contact with the road...more contact..more friction..more energy needed to move the vehicle..

Nothing wrong with 15"...just like the looks of a bigger rim..

bigger rims definitely look better and handling should be better also...

on another note... fuel indicator finally dropped a bar...

for my old mazda 3, tomorrow will be a visit to the petrol station... 

ycOUKn5.jpg

ycOUKn5.jpg

Wow. Mileage looks go!
  • Praise 1

ycOUKn5.jpg

a lot of factors will determine whether it handles better or not...like rim width and tyre width..offset..backspace..

your scrub radius..alignment..camber..toe...

But most of the time it should look better..if not the money gone down the drain! Haha...

OK this letter answers my question about recalls with a PI car:

Venture Recall.jpg

This was thanks to a fellow forum member who purchased the car from the same representative that we all dealt with and he managed to google the list of affected cars to highlight to him.

The said PI has been pretty responsive.

• Praise 1

This was thanks to a fellow forum member who purchased the car from the same representative that we all dealt with and he managed to google the list of affected cars to highlight to him.

The said PI has been pretty responsive.

The power of community!

OK when shall we be having our first meetup?   [laugh]

• Praise 1

How to distinguish between real owner and uber car ?

You asking because you want to differentiate yours? Change rim and put body kit.

If you are trying to tell a uber car from a private car..see the license plate frame...Lion City Rentals 99% grab and uber driver.

You asking because you want to differentiate yours? Change rim and put body kit.

If you are trying to tell a uber car from a private car..see the license plate frame...Lion City Rentals 99% grab and uber driver.

quite a few LCR have borneo plate or have the LCR masked off from the license plate...

of course, can always do like i do.. drive a green color prius... 100% rental company will not buy green color prius to rent out... 

• Praise 1

quite a few LCR have borneo plate or have the LCR masked off from the license plate...

of course, can always do like i do.. drive a green color prius... 100% rental company will not buy green color prius to rent out...

If im not wrong..LCR rental agreement states you have to return the car "as is"..means you have to return it in the condition when you received it..if use black tape to cover the LCR logo..must take out...

Yah green safest! Hahaha

After reading this thread and learning more abt Hybrid, really tempted to jump onto the band wagon and put down a deposit for the Prius. Just needed some push factors from owners of Prius here. Is the low profile of the current Prius an issue ? Does the belly got scratched when going over humps in local driving condition ? Is the sensing feature worth the extra cost ? Any jerkiness felt when the ride was transiting between battery and petrol drive train ? Thanks for any reply. Kum Sia.   

• Praise 1

After reading this thread and learning more abt Hybrid, really tempted to jump onto the band wagon and put down a deposit for the Prius. Just needed some push factors from owners of Prius here. Is the low profile of the current Prius an issue ? Does the belly got scratched when going over humps in local driving condition ? Is the sensing feature worth the extra cost ? Any jerkiness felt when the ride was transiting between battery and petrol drive train ? Thanks for any reply. Kum Sia.   

I only experienced the scratch once. In an area where there's hump meant for heavy vehicles. I have to clarify - that particular hump was on the edge of the road which angled downwards after the hump. That should be the main reason why it scratched  [dead] Not to mention my car had 3 people inside at that point in time.

Other than that, you may want to find out more from seasoned drivers who drives regularly up north whether the humps/bumps there can be cleared without a hitch. The hump issues shouldn't be a problem unless you work in an industrial area. Even then, just avoid those big humps.

I do not own one with sensing features. But it is undeniably intriguing to own some high-tech features. 

Drive is very smooth. You won't even feel the transition from electrical to petrol drive move vice versa. 

If you're not in a hurry, you may want to wait for the new Nissan hybrid vehicle and test-drive both. I think it is called the Nissan Pulsar iirc.

Edited by zedane

If you're not in a hurry, you may want to wait for the new Nissan hybrid vehicle and test-drive both. I think it is called the Nissan Pulsar iirc.

Its Nissan note e-power, not nissan pulsar.

• Praise 1

You getting yours from the PI with name starting with S?  [:p]

I upgraded mine to 8850 to enjoy the Android Auto function. 8850 is pretty cool as the display is a motorised-modular unit. If you feel unsafe to leave it in the car, you can always carry it with you when you leave the car.

Major difference is probably its compatibility with IOS(Apple Carplay) and Android(Android Auto). Be sure to connect your iPhone to USB port 1 and Android phone to USB port 2. I'm not entirely sure if 5850 comes with HDMI ports. 

The HDMI port in 8850 enables you to mirror your phone to it. Of course you will need a MHL adapter for it to work. It doesn't officially support wireless mirroring. You might be able to connect a miracast enabled device to the HDMI port as a go-betweem for wireless mirroring of your phone to 8850 but I cannot confirm this.

8850 also supports a wider range of video/music files as mentioned earlier.

Lastly, I think the display on the 8850 is OLED whereas the 5850 isn't.

So I have decided to go with the 8850 with GPS module.

Will also be doing the Solar films using the 3M Crystalline.

Last thing I'm thinking about is the Ceramic Pro 9H, any advise guys? Have read mixed reviews on getting this done.

Still a few more weeks before collection, being very patient.

I think all the points that you brought up are pretty relative...as in it depends on what car you currently drive..

I have a Euro R now and it is really a pain going up and down slopes as well as parking..so the prius will be like heaven to me in terms of going over humps and parking..

Sensing features...well...it used to be the expensive makes that have them only..audis..BMW...mercedes...but its now available to the prius! Whether its worth it or not is really up to the individual.

From the reviews and videos online...the drivetrain now is really good..but i havent got my car yet so i cant say for sure.

So I have decided to go with the 8850 with GPS module.

Will also be doing the Solar films using the 3M Crystalline.

Last thing I'm thinking about is the Ceramic Pro 9H, any advise guys? Have read mixed reviews on getting this done.

Still a few more weeks before collection, being very patient.

Apprently the rear windows already comes tinted..

And my experiences with window films hasnt been really good..even the expensive ones..

Dark and good but cheap..fail inspection...

Expensive but pass inspection..not really effective..

So this time round..i rather get those window screens..

↡ Advertisement