2016 Toyota Prius

minion

What would be a scrap value of a Prius?

Battery pack for use for how long before replacement? And how much would it cost? At 25km/L on Ron 95 vs my current 8.5km/Lbon Ron 98, based on my annual mileage of 40k, the fuel savings alone is $6500 which is 65k in 10 years! Think I should consider the Prius

• Praise 1

What would be a scrap value of a Prius?

Battery pack for use for how long before replacement? And how much would it cost? At 25km/L on Ron 95 vs my current 8.5km/Lbon Ron 98, based on my annual mileage of 40k, the fuel savings alone is $6500 which is 65k in 10 years! Think I should consider the Prius

The OMV of my Type A is 35K with a CEVs of 30K, so scrap value is low.  Basically you're getting the same depreciation as other cars of similar OMV, but with lower purchase price due to CEVS offset, assuming the dealer doesn't 'absorb' all the difference.

I'm not sure what the OMV of the Type S is.

Does Borneo allow test drive of Prius? What's the effective selling price of Prius now?

$129K after all discounts. Very ex compared to PI.
  • Praise 3

The OMV of my Type A is 35K with a CEVs of 30K, so scrap value is low.  Basically you're getting the same depreciation as other cars of similar OMV, but with lower purchase price due to CEVS offset, assuming the dealer doesn't 'absorb' all the difference.

I'm not sure what the OMV of the Type S is.

after 10 years... based on 1 motoring website... get back about 8k plus.

from the PI that i buy... type S OMV is about 30 to 31k... n that is without the safety sense P package...

hope some bro that bought type S with safety sense P can share their OMV...

Sensing is a good feature la.

But then, what if that feature fail and got into accident.. Whose fault?

And also, AD bring in a car that can sell to 90% of their target audience. The remaining 10% are the techy type.

So business still business, focus on the 90%

If u got budget, merc u can chose any customisation or tech u want :)

safety feature fail and got into accident of course drive fault lah....

manual already stated clearly that all these improve and help on the safety... eg. warning that u drifted to the other lane...

the driver is ultimately in control... even the parking is called "parking assist" and driver control brake pedal.... 

More than $10k lesser and with so much more features..the choice is clear...

With all the additional high tech features, can PI support recall? Especially the software part of it?

With all the additional high tech features, can PI support recall? Especially the software part of it?

The PI a few of us bought from have the letter from the PI...stating that they will be responsible for the brake clips..thats the only known recall so far.

As for the software..well they have a 5yr warranty on the car..

secondly..its a toyota..i dont expect much malfunctions.

Just to check with the Prius drivers.

Do the battery discharge after you put it in park mode until the next day? I noticed mine will discharge until 2 or 3 bars after I leave it parked overnight.

I have no idea whether does this has anything to do with my 24hrs surveillance car camera.

Edited by zedane

Do the battery discharge after you put it in park mode until the next day? I noticed mine will discharge until 2 or 3 bars after I leave it parked overnight.

I have no idea whether does this has anything to do with my 24hrs surveillance car camera.

As far as I know...

There is 2 sets of batteries in Prius. The High Voltage Batteries to drive the Motor. The regular 12V (Pb) Lead-Acid to drive the rest.

I think Air Con is driven by the HV batteries.

Prius HV design is that it will not charge to 100%, nor, it allow to drop to 0%. Prius (at least my version) is using NiMh, which will self discharge itself. This is normal. But I find that Prius in anyway will allow it to start via electric motor. There are times when it will complain that the battery is too low, and ask you to set to Drive for the Engine to charge the HV batteries. I think this is normal.

As for your Car Camera, it is powered off the 12V Pb. So, it should not be subjected to the parked overnight problem.

AFAIK, Prius don't have a starter. So it doesn't need that 12V Pb to start the car. BUT I suspect Prius is heavy of electronics and computer, so, some power from 12V Pb is needed to get the computer going.

There is something Unique about Prius;

1) It doesn't have a starter. It doesn't need to, since the electric motor can start the car moving.

2) It doesn't have reverse gear. It uses Electric Motor to go reverse.

There is no gear/clutch "switch" between Engine and Electric Motor. It uses planetary gear to take care of that.

Mechanically, it is quite unique and simple.

Edited by Ongbenghui
  • Praise 2

As far as I know...

There is 2 sets of batteries in Prius. The High Voltage Batteries to drive the Motor. The regular 12V (Pb) Lead-Acid to drive the rest.

I think Air Con is driven by the HV batteries.

Prius HV design is that it will not charge to 100%, nor, it allow to drop to 0%. Prius (at least my version) is using NiMh, which will self discharge itself. This is normal. But I find that Prius in anyway will allow it to start via electric motor. There are times when it will complain that the battery is too low, and ask you to set to Drive for the Engine to charge the HV batteries. I think this is normal.

As for your Car Camera, it is powered off the 12V Pb. So, it should not be subjected to the parked overnight problem.

AFAIK, Prius don't have a starter. So it doesn't need that 12V Pb to start the car. BUT I suspect Prius is heavy of electronics and computer, so, some power from 12V Pb is needed to get the computer going.

There is something Unique about Prius;

1) It doesn't have a starter. It doesn't need to, since the electric motor can start the car moving.

2) It doesn't have reverse gear. It uses Electric Motor to go reverse.

There is no gear/clutch "switch" between Engine and Electric Motor. It uses planetary gear to take care of that.

Mechanically, it is quite unique and simple.

Thanks for the detailed explanation  [;)]

Mine is the NiMh battery variant too. So far I have yet to receive the "set to drive to recharge battery" message.

When I start the car in the morning, there will be a voice(I can't really tell if it's from Prius or my camera) to "restart the system to protect battery of car" - exact words.

Sometimes I restart, sometimes I don't. It doesn't seem to affect anything though. Mine is the iRoad V9 in case anyone is wondering.

Thanks for the detailed explanation [;)]

Mine is the NiMh battery variant too. So far I have yet to receive the "set to drive to recharge battery" message.

When I start the car in the morning, there will be a voice(I can't really tell if it's from Prius or my camera) to "restart the system to protect battery of car" - exact words.

Sometimes I restart, sometimes I don't. It doesn't seem to affect anything though. Mine is the iRoad V9 in case anyone is wondering.

I hear the same thing too in my car every morning even we don't drive same car! It's the Iroad car cam as we both have the same car cam

I hear the same thing too in my car every morning even we don't drive same car! It's the Iroad car cam as we both have the same car cam

so i'm not the only 1....

yes... same for mine... the hybrid battery also show like 2 to 3 bars after overnight parking...

i using iroad aev, very basic 1...

but the strange thing is after not using it for 8 days (cos i went holiday), when i start it, the hybrid battery shows 4 to 5 bars instead of the 2 bars that i'm expecting.... whether this got to do with me unplugging the car cam, i really have no idea... 

btw, for those using the iroad cam, does it emit a "ti" sound when you go over a hump? 

seems like mine always emit a "ti" sound whenever the car went over a hump... 

↡ Advertisement