2016 Toyota Prius

minion

Save $100 in petrol a month means that you must save about 50 L of petrol assuming you pump RON95 at $2.00 per L... if you compare a 1.6 L that can clock 12 km/L (Elantra Elite) versus the Prius which can clock maybe 16 km/L, for the average Singaporean who clocks like 10,000 km a year, the 1.6 L uses 833 L, while the Prius uses 625 L a year. The difference in petrol used is 208 L. That works out to $416 a year. Over 10 years, you save only $4160... that's a far cry from the difference in capital outlay which comes up to $20,000 difference.

You can do your own math. :) I usually top up between 37 ~ 39L for ~1000km. Let's use on the high side of 39L for 1000 km.

That will be 390L for 1 year, around $780. If your 1.6L uses 833 L. The delta is $886 / year. 

I will typically travel around 2~2.5K km per month

Can't imagine if Toyota ever comes out with a turbocharged Prius.... now that would be interesting  [laugh]

Track version only. :)

2016-toyota-prius-gt300-racecar-debuts-i

↡ Advertisement

The new prius? Cos i dont remember comfort have gen 3 prius...

Im very interested to know..post in groupchat ah!

Sorry I don't have pics, but I'm quite sure I saw gen 3 comfort cab before. Just that super rare cos I think they were helping borneo clear last few units at discount.

I'm not sure about 4th gen but I know 3rd gen system and 1.5 hybrid e.g. Axio/Sienta hybrid can pump 92RON for those wanting to stretch their dollar a bit more ;)

Sorry I don't have pics, but I'm quite sure I saw gen 3 comfort cab before. Just that super rare cos I think they were helping borneo clear last few units at discount.

I'm not sure about 4th gen but I know 3rd gen system and 1.5 hybrid e.g. Axio/Sienta hybrid can pump 92RON for those wanting to stretch their dollar a bit more ;)

Let me help you....

32080093932_60dd818edd_b.jpg

• Praise 1

yup... prius can take 92RON petrol... 

Track version only. :)

It sure doesn't looks like one  [laugh]

BM advise us to pump RoN 95 and above for Gen 4 Prius.

The manual states it can take ron89 and above.

But the difference in price between ron95 and ron92 is not that huge so I also pump ron95

CDGE only got sell diesel right? Got petrol also?

You are right...CDGE only sell diesel @ subsidy rate $0.70/L.

So they issue us a ESSO card (Total: 19-20% discount)...to pump Synergy Extra 5000.

You are right...CDGE only sell diesel @ subsidy rate $0.70/L.

So they issue us a ESSO card (Total: 19-20% discount)...to pump Synergy Extra 5000.

Shiok....next time want to pump petrol look for you? Hahaha...

Hi All

Just recently did a Total Cost of Ownership and compared to various models (Prius-PI, HRV, Vezel) based on what I will likely buy. 

Surprising, below are some tentative numbers (estimate only lah....don't be too serious).

Petrol Consumption (See Below)

The estimated Total Cost of Ownership (See Below)

Prices up there for Prius, HRV and Vezel are just estimates.... Cost per year are estimates taken after deducting ARF after 10 years.

The surprising thing is that the Road Tax is actually quite high because Prius is a 1.8L.

If you take the HRV for comparison to Prius, it will save you about $745 per year and $7,450 for the full ten years. Furthermore, you are comparing a PI to a AD.

Surprisingly, HRV and Vezel are not very far off....

In my opinion, below are also considerations....

1. Exterior Looks : HRV

2. Interior Looks : Prius (Awesome displays of speed, graphics, etc)

3. Spacious : HRV

4. Comfort : Prius

5. Peace of Mind : HRV 

I do see a lot of Prius (non Taxis) on the road now. When you drive a HRV, people may think you are a uber driver....lol

Sorry, I know this is a Prius thread.....just want to share....

post-184994-0-56746500-1487654866_thumb.png

post-184994-0-07505000-1487654867_thumb.png

Edited by Ten
  • Praise 1

Hi All

Just recently did a Total Cost of Ownership and compared to various models (Prius-PI, HRV, Vezel) based on what I will likely buy. 

Surprising, below are some tentative numbers (estimate only lah....don't be too serious).

Prices up there for Prius, HRV and Vezel are just estimates.... Cost per year are estimates taken after deducting ARF after 10 years.

The surprising thing is that the Road Tax is actually quite high because Prius is a 1.8L.

If you take the HRV for comparison to Prius, it will save you about $745 per year and $7,450 for the full ten years. Furthermore, you are comparing a PI to a AD.

I do see a lot of Prius (non Taxis) on the road now. When you drive a HRV, people may think you are a uber driver....lol

Nice work!!!

But then I see the milage per month is quite low. In this case, you don't save much on petrol so I think HRV is more suitable for your need. Most of my friends and colleagues get 1800 to 2000km average per month.

Another question, why Prius need to replace battery after 5 years?

If BM can give 10 years battery warranty, I reckon PI Prius can last up to 10 years too because is from same factory in Japan.

You have deducted the cost of Free Servicing out from HRV. I bought my Wish from PI come with Free servicing up to 70,000KM.

So all this is depend the promotion given at that time. Maybe you can revise your worksheet and post again.

This just my humble thought.

Edited by Wish69

Nice work!!!

But then I see the milage per month is quite low. In this case, you don't save much on petrol so I think HRV is more suitable for your need. Most of my friends and colleagues get 1800 to 2000km average per month.

Another question, why Prius need to replace battery after 5 years?

If BM can give 10 years battery warranty, I reckon PI Prius can last up to 10 years too because is from same factory in Japan.

You have deducted the cost of Free Servicing out from HRV. I bought my Wish from PI come with Free servicing up to 70,000KM.

So all this is depend the promotion given at that time. Maybe you can revise your worksheet and post again.

This just my humble thought.

For mileage, I guess this is up to individual usage...I am roughly in that range of 1200 km/month. If you can clock 1800 - 2000km, it will make a lot more sense to go for Prius even with the cost of a battery replacement.

As for the battery replacement, even though it is 10 years warranty from BM, I am comparing to PI and if suay suay kena (which I believe likely to happen as my civic hybrid kena after 4.5 years, but maybe not), this consideration applies. Only time will tell then.

You are a lucky man that your Wish does not give you any issues....also, you got a good deal to get free servicing up to 70,000km. When I compared Prius PI, I don't see that..... I heard from my friend who bought from PI (Toyota Harrier), the workshop like going through the motion. So far, nothing breaks but if so, don't know whether there will be disputes...

Come to think of it, it comes back to luck also. If everything smooth smooth, then the prices difference is not really that much (after taking out the 5K battery replacement).

Never considered the BM model because the price is way out of proportion.

All these numbers are close estimates and depending on the promotion at the point of buying.

End of the day, it is still a matter of risks and personal preference... 

Good feedback......

For mileage, I guess this is up to individual usage...I am roughly in that range of 1200 km/month. If you can clock 1800 - 2000km, it will make a lot more sense to go for Prius even with the cost of a battery replacement.

As for the battery replacement, even though it is 10 years warranty from BM, I am comparing to PI and if suay suay kena (which I believe likely to happen as my civic hybrid kena after 4.5 years, but maybe not), this consideration applies. Only time will tell then.

You are a lucky man that your Wish does not give you any issues....also, you got a good deal to get free servicing up to 70,000km. When I compared Prius PI, I don't see that..... I heard from my friend who bought from PI (Toyota Harrier), the workshop like going through the motion. So far, nothing breaks but if so, don't know whether there will be disputes...

Come to think of it, it comes back to luck also. If everything smooth smooth, then the prices difference is not really that much (after taking out the 5K battery replacement).

Never considered the BM model because the price is way out of proportion.

All these numbers are close estimates and depending on the promotion at the point of buying.

End of the day, it is still a matter of risks and personal preference... 

Good feedback......

no need to compare 1... prius will be more expensive in general... 

unless u driving 40,000km per year... the petrol $$$ save will not be enough to offset the car cost...

Hi All

A lot of prius now on the roads also..and people also think its uber driver..hahah...

A lot of prius now on the roads also..and people also think its uber driver..hahah...

actually, i think there are more prius uber driver than prius owner... 

Hahaha....

I wish BM can read this thread....hope they realize how much business they are losing to the PI by selling their Prius at such a ridiculous price...(what? 125k now after Coe drop?)

↡ Advertisement