2016 Toyota Prius

minion

Hahaha....

I wish BM can read this thread....hope they realize how much business they are losing to the PI by selling their Prius at such a ridiculous price...(what? 125k now after Coe drop?)

actually, as i speculate, BM doesn't care a hoot about kucing kurap walk-in customers like u and me... how much they can move in a good month???... my guess is less than 10... 

their main prius target segment are those corporate taxi companies or hire share companies... those that buy in the hundreds in a single order.... these kind of companies are not price sensitive, and what they want most are support for their vehicles and only big companies like BM can give them a piece of mind to make purchase in the millions of dollars... 

unfortunately most of such companies are still buying from BM, so highly unlikely to see BM dropping prius prices anytime soon... 

↡ Advertisement

actually, i think there are more prius uber driver than prius owner...

Agree..thats why must buy lime green colour so show that you are not LCR driver...

Or change rims! Cos no one will rent a car and change rims...

actually, as i speculate, BM doesn't care a hoot about kucing kurap walk-in customers like u and me... how much they can move in a good month???... my guess is less than 10... 

their main prius target segment are those corporate taxi companies or hire share companies... those that buy in the hundreds in a single order.... these kind of companies are not price sensitive, and what they want most are support for their vehicles and only big companies like BM can give them a piece of mind to make purchase in the millions of dollars... 

unfortunately most of such companies are still buying from BM, so highly unlikely to see BM dropping prius prices anytime soon... 

Personally, I think BM is stupid to ignore this market. 

Below are some maths....

1. Car Margin : $20K

2. Average Service Margin / year : $0.5K

Total : $25K for 10 years.

There are at least 200 kuching Kurap customers like us on the road. This amounts to $5m profits..... and if the price is right, there will be more customers coming abroad....It's a win win for both parties. Furthermore, they will likely gain market share from people buying Vezel/HRV into buying Prius.

Well, let's hope that BM changes their market strategies.

Agree..thats why must buy lime green colour so show that you are not LCR driver...

Or change rims! Cos no one will rent a car and change rims...

平凡是一种辛福.....cannot be too flashy lah...like those Porsche drivers driving out of the world colours....well I cannot afford and so don't understand the mentality.....

no need to compare 1... prius will be more expensive in general...

unless u driving 40,000km per year... the petrol $$$ save will not be enough to offset the car cost...

30000 enough liao la.

40k km... More than 100km per day.. taxi only need min 250km a day lo

I really hope the govt will further reduce the hybrid car tax to make it more competitive to keep the environment clean.

All these talk about green Environment without action is really useless.

I really hope the govt will further reduce the hybrid car tax to make it more competitive to keep the environment clean.

Since when got hybrid car tax?

(edited)

You just given the govt another suggestion to tax us. :yuush:

Anyway please never have this thought that our govt will help us even though you are driving a green car.

They don't care about it at all..

They care for their wallet.

Anyway the CEVS rebates is all bulls**t, if u know how it works...

Edited by L23
  • Praise 1

Since when got hybrid car tax?

I meant the current tax structure that pushes all car prices up. If they are pushing for a greener environment, other than the cevs rebate, they should consider a lower tax structure for green car...

(edited)

You just given the govt another suggestion to tax us. :yuush:

Anyway please never have this thought that our govt will help us even though you are driving a green car.

They don't care about it at all..

They care for their wallet.

Anyway the CEVS rebates is all bulls**t, if u know how it works...

Yes. I know how cevs works. If they want to tax us, they don't need my stupid suggestions.

The current tax structure is bad enough....

Frankly, I worked in congested cities like Jakarta and KL for many years. There is no regulation there and the roads during peak hours can jam sometimes 2-3 hrs for a stretch of 5km....got money to pay ERP also cannot...sigh....

While I don't quite agree to the current ways of tax structure, I also don't want a KL or Jakarta situation...but really I got no solution to this for suggestion..

3rd tank.... distance travel before it low fuel...

6rNEyrq.jpg

Great to share the wonderful feature which people are buying for...i.e. Fuel economy.

At least people can know they are buying a workable feature and not a paper feature....

No enough points to praise u...hehehe

Edited by Ten
  • Praise 1

Most of the prius on the roads are for private hire, not sold by BM.

Sold by PI, not BM. My PI told me they imported hundred plus cars per COE bidding(every 2 weeks) last time. Margin around 1k per car only as they sold only bulk. Anything higher and Uber/Grab will find another PI to import for them.

My guess for BM is that they are focusing on their Altis and Camry to push sales. As the bulk of Toyota customers are more conservative, they will unlikely get a hybrid which may deem to be unreliable in the long run.

• Praise 1

I meant the current tax structure that pushes all car prices up. If they are pushing for a greener environment, other than the cevs rebate, they should consider a lower tax structure for green car...

They used to have Green Vehicle Rebate, which is 40% rebate based on the car's OMV if it is a 'green vehicle', i.e. hybrids or CNG. But it also applied to 'non-green' hybrids like the big Porsches and Lexuses, so it was kinda unfair.

In any case Govt will never lower taxes without taking something back in return. There's always a trade-off somewhere.

Most of the prius on the roads are for private hire, not sold by BM.

Sold by PI, not BM. My PI told me they imported hundred plus cars per COE bidding(every 2 weeks) last time. Margin around 1k per car only as they sold only bulk. Anything higher and Uber/Grab will find another PI to import for them.

My guess for BM is that they are focusing on their Altis and Camry to push sales. As the bulk of Toyota customers are more conservative, they will unlikely get a hybrid which may deem to be unreliable in the long run.

LCR's Priuses are from both BM and PI. Grab's Priuses are from PI.

Hi guys, 

My stock ride come with a Bridgestone EP150 which seems slippery at times on wet carpark.

What is the tyre that you guys are using and how does it affect fuel consumption here ?

Looking at replacing to Yokohama AE50, or Goodyear Assurance Triplemax

They used to have Green Vehicle Rebate, which is 40% rebate based on the car's OMV if it is a 'green vehicle', i.e. hybrids or CNG. But it also applied to 'non-green' hybrids like the big Porsches and Lexuses, so it was kinda unfair.

In any case Govt will never lower taxes without taking something back in return. There's always a trade-off somewhere.

LCR's Priuses are from both BM and PI. Grab's Priuses are from PI.

I thought all from Borneo motors?

Hi guys,

My stock ride come with a Bridgestone EP150 which seems slippery at times on wet carpark.

What is the tyre that you guys are using and how does it affect fuel consumption here ?

Looking at replacing to Yokohama AE50, or Goodyear Assurance Triplemax

Honestly you dont have much choices with 195/65R15..nothing with exceptional performance for this size...

All the major brands' flagship tyres start from 17" up..

Slippery because you were free wheeing? Or were you stepping on your accelerator? Going straight or turning?

Turbocharged

3rd tank.... distance travel before it low fuel...

6rNEyrq.jpg

Wah so jealous.... haaaaa........... I need to pump nearly 2.5 tank to hit your distance....

Edited by Nlatio
↡ Advertisement