2016 Toyota Prius

minion

(edited)
17 hours ago, zorro18 said:

What are the pioneer models compatible with our Prius model

I have a 4th Gen PI model - any 2 din is compatible.  Audio controls on steering wheel work - like change mode, track, volume.  You may need to be aware that standard 2 din models don't fill up that whole space, and the installer will put plastic fillers to fit the HU in there.

Mine is the 8850 from 3-4 years ago, but any newer model would work:

https://sg.pioneercarentertainment.com/products/12

Click through to each one to may sure they support Carplay / Android Auto depending on what you need.

This is how it looks installed

IMG_20200407_140500.jpg

Edited by Nostalgia
Picture
↡ Advertisement

31 minutes ago, Nostalgia said:

I have a 4th Gen PI model - any 2 din is compatible.  Audio controls on steering wheel work - like change mode, track, volume.  You may need to be aware that standard 2 din models don't fill up that whole space, and the installer will put plastic fillers to fit the HU in there.

Mine is the 8850 from 3-4 years ago, but any newer model would work:

https://sg.pioneercarentertainment.com/products/12

Click through to each one to may sure they support Carplay / Android Auto depending on what you need.

This is how it looks installed

IMG_20200407_140500.jpg

Thanks nostalgia. Preferably a full android 8.1 system with simcard  attachment

Else will consider a poineer

(edited)
On 4/6/2020 at 7:55 PM, Nostalgia said:

Just a quick update on my CB-WFH projects...

1. Waiting for my 10.1 Joying HU 4/64GB Octa core to arrive

Being a complete noob to DIY, I watched several youtube videos and learned to dismantle the HU. The orginal HU is a Pioneer OEM with JBL built-in amp (mine is from BM)

1FXrN2wm.jpg

Back of HU:

n1SHrk8m.jpg

2. Once installed, I will put up more pics. Some may like the flushed HU but I prefer a bigger screen so its a tablet-HU combo.

3. Once done, I will DIY speaker replacements to upgrade the present ones. Not that the factory ones are not good but I believe there are better ones out there. In Priuschat, some upgraded to Kicker speakers costing Usd45/Pr. 

4. The dismantled front console:

hIwJCCYm.jpg

5. The connectors to be connected to the new HU connectors which are compatible to Prius 

2sjiZ0Gm.jpg

Edited by zorro18

Just to add that I will be replacing all my speakers - Front, Rear and Dashboard tweeters with Infinity Reference speakers. At the same time, I will add Dynamat sound damping to car doors

WFH Projects

(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 11:27 PM, zorro18 said:

Just to add that I will be replacing all my speakers - Front, Rear and Dashboard tweeters with Infinity Reference speakers. At the same time, I will add Dynamat sound damping to car doors

WFH Projects

Nice.  Let us know how it turns out.  PM me if you want to join the local WA group of Prius owners.

Edited by Nostalgia

Hello to all,

Going to collect the 2nd hand Prius from V.

May I ask if there is any issue to leave the battery in depleted(totally empty) state ? 

Edited by Jimcheam