2016 Toyota Prius

minion

Neutral Newbie

hi friends. just wanted to ask if anyone has views on purchasing hybrid from PI. The price delta between TC and PIs is pretty high for the Prius. I know some people who've purchased Hybrid Vezel from PI no issues thus far...

↡ Advertisement

6th Gear

hi friends. just wanted to ask if anyone has views on purchasing hybrid from PI. The price delta between TC and PIs is pretty high for the Prius. I know some people who've purchased Hybrid Vezel from PI no issues thus far...

The only fear factor to consider is the battery replacement.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

The only fear factor to consider is the battery replacement.

Do PIs offer battery warranty?

Another qn is with regard to actual depreciation. Since ARF is reduced by the value of the CEVS, won't that ultimately bring down the "scrap value". 

These numbers are from One Motoring 

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/car_cost.MainPar.30963.File.tmp/Car_Cost_Update.pdf

220 TOYOTA PRIUS HYBRID 1.8 CVT HYBRID B 1,798 90 H 87 A1

[OMV] 37,865

[GST] 10,754

[Tiered ARF] 45,011

[CEVS] -30,000

Does that mean the actual ARF paid is only about 15k, so if you deregister after 9 years, you only get back 7.5k?

Effectively CEVS means to the traditional [Cost - 50% OMV] you have to add $[CEVS / 2 / 10 years] to the depreciation cost of your vehicle. 

are my calculations correct?

The main concern will be battery warranty (if it's covered) and if the PI appointed workshops has the technical knowledge to service/replace the battery to optimize its performance.

Not alot of workshops out there that I know of services hybrid battery as of now, anyone can throw some light on this? 

My 09 prius was pi, battery spoilt last year, warranty workshop closed down, no surprise there. got it replaced at hybrid car. $5k.

But i saved $10k when buying through pi instead of borneo , so there's quite a bit of buffer

ur pretty much on your own once u drive the car out. So make sure the savings are substantial

The main concern will be battery warranty (if it's covered) and if the PI appointed workshops has the technical knowledge to service/replace the battery to optimize its performance.

Not alot of workshops out there that I know of services hybrid battery as of now, anyone can throw some light on this? 

Yes you're definitely correct on this perspective, not a lot of workshops out there service the hybrid battery as of now, there is one named thehybridshop, which is a franchise that is using OW, Optima Werkz, but i have yet to try out their capability will do so soon! 

I've seen another one that's quite known, named hybridcar, now renamed hevshop, which i've visited to get my hybrid battery serviced. They told have always been doing hybrid battery servicing and replacement since 2012 for brands such as lexus, honda and toyota. I've learnt alot from someone called Simon Loh there which i think there are quite a few references on the forum about this person on other hybrid car posts too.

He also told me that hevshop pte ltd is not only doing the specialized dedicated servicing for hybrid cars but they have opened a branch selling their own cars with hybrid battery warranty up to 10 years! Making them a one stop solution for hybrids!

I've also asked him why not many workshops out there service hybrids and why is it so hard to find one capable of doing so, he told me it was because the hybrid cars not only need hybrid battery servicing, but they can only be diagnosed properly with original factory diagnostic software of the model!!  He told me the original software is required for accurate and correct diagnosis of the problems in the hybrid car and it was also used to update the files after a battery replacement to calibrate the drive train of that hybrid car for it to run correctly!

Whats even more shocking is that he told me the authorised dealer wont be able to help the cars imported from japan as they are using "japan software" instead of the agents "local software" to do communicating. So a PI car from japan using that software wont communicate with the agent's local software!! (e.g english person talking to a japanese person.)

If that is so it might mean that we may have to be more wary about the warranty offered by PI, whether it can be trusted or not even though they state 5 or 10 years warranty on battery?

Anyone open for discussion out there?

• Praise 2

Hi, any Prius 2016 owners in here?

Just bought mine from BM for $128K and comes with Open Cat COE.

Delivery in June 

Wanted a white but all sold out. So, got the Red instead

Forget to add that I had a look with the PI models but they dun come with Cruise Control and Wiper rain Sensor and Fog lights ($500 more). Though, theirs had Lane Departure Alerts. Head unit was a Pioneer 5560BT (I think) and another $300 for the Road Navi

BM copmes with powered Driver's seat, leather seats, factory-fitted JBL 10-speakers, Cruise Control and Wiper Rain sensor and others.

• Praise 2

Delivery in June 

Forget to add that I had a look with the PI models but they dun come with Cruise Control and Wiper rain Sensor and Fog lights ($500 more). Though, theirs had Lane Departure Alerts. Head unit was a Pioneer 5560BT (I think) and another $300 for the Road Navi

BM copmes with powered Driver's seat, leather seats, factory-fitted JBL 10-speakers, Cruise Control and Wiper Rain sensor and others.

What's the estimated price difference between AD and PI Prius Model for identical options/specifications?

Mind sharing what warranty packages the AD or PI offered to you too?

• Praise 1

Delivery in June

Hi actually there are some that do offer cruise control, wiper rain sensor and fog lights

It also comes in English settings and the price was 114988 at the pi that I've look at! Comparing it to the agent model isn't there a huge price gap?

It comes with a sense P functionality which is something equivalent to the Honda sensing in the new vezel, which has adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist and pedestrian detection functions!

Some of the pi's also have 10 years hybrid battery warranty

You can pm me if any of you are interested.

Hi all 

I just placed my order for the 2016 Prius (Silver) at Hua Yang yesterday at $108k, 4 bid-guaranteed COE, estimated collection in Aug 16. I was contemplating a Honda Vezel, but after hearing that the Prius is selling at around the same price as a Vezel, I chose Prius instead, primarily due to the brand name :-P Any advice on whether this is a good decision? :-)

• Praise 1

Hi all 

I just placed my order for the 2016 Prius (Silver) at Hua Yang yesterday at $108k, 4 bid-guaranteed COE, estimated collection in Aug 16. I was contemplating a Honda Vezel, but after hearing that the Prius is selling at around the same price as a Vezel, I chose Prius instead, primarily due to the brand name :-P Any advice on whether this is a good decision? :-)

Hi, I wanted to get the Vezel hybrid but I finally decided on the Prius cos of their hybrid technology.

My only gripe is that they come with the ugly 15" rims and the plastic cover.

Am looking to get ultralight 16/17" rims with either a Michelin/Bridgestone tires 

Good choice if you ask me re yr purchase 

More or less we should have expected it as smrt using older Prius.taxi uncle praise this model. I didn't expect so early though. They probably want to stock up during coe supply surplus season.

It only mean more readily available and cheaper parts. That's good news. Don't have to worry car stuck in workshop waiting for parts

Anybody with the prius manual can confirm that engaging the reverse gear in fact switches the polarity of the motor generator (not sure MG1 or MG2) in order to propel the car?

In other words, when you are reversing, you can't rely on the power output of the petrol engine. So if say you are trying to reverse from standstill from the main road to a service road that is 0.1 grade or higher, the car might not actually move!

Collecting my Prius on 26 Jul, very excited! Any advise on the accessories that I can get for the car? :-) Did any of you change the rims/tyres on your ride?

• Praise 1