Romania: Drive Trip thru Dracula homeland

TameDriver

Enroute to Platinis

Beautiful drive, a pity I'm in a rental car.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It's alright as long as one is not driving fast. Don't honk, make sudden noise or acceleration to spook them.

Very nice :a-m1212:  pictures, due to 2BDriver born [sly] nature, I am compel :shy: to ask..............Do you have any Romanian girls :a-shy:  photos    :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 1

Wow, is that a house at the foot of the dam wall? [sweatdrop]

It was a building but don't know if it was living quarters. There was a small road that lead to it from afar. Wished I had time to hike around the area.

These horses are not fence up and allow roam freely :a-panic: along the trunk road pose danger to all [drivingcar] vehicle passing by [sweatdrop]

This is part of a driving holiday bonus for us city dwellers; to see horses grazing freely.

It's ok; as long as one drives slow, no sudden acceleration or noise & definitely no honking to spook them.

And I'm quite used to driving with animals on the road.....horses, cows, Buffaloes, sheep, goat, pigs, dogs, feathered fowls (chicken, ducks, Kakapo), etc.......

Hey, I was there mid May this year.

Airport- Sinaia, Bucegi, Bran, Brasov, Sibiu, Cartisoara, Marginimea Sibiului, Cluj Napoca, Sighisoara, Platinis & lastly, Bucharest.

Underestimated the time needed, rather rushed. Hope to visit Romania again to explore Maramures & drive on the Transfagarasan.

Like your last statement. Agree with u that it's a place where PRC people hasn't ' infiltrated' yet ......but it's just a matter of time.

I was there Mid May too, to participate in the Translyvania 100k race. I did the shorter race of 50km at the Bucegi mountain ranges. Starting and end point was Bran castle. I don't think the chinese people will assimilate well into romania, not only language is a barrier, but no direct flights from china! LOL.

• Praise 2

The one that used to be a bicycle shop, right?

Yes, it remain in red colour for more than 38 years, my first GF stayed in Towner Road and I passes there almost everyday in the late 70's to early 80's until we broke off    [smallcry]

• Praise 3

I was there Mid May too, to participate in the Translyvania 100k race. I did the shorter race of 50km at the Bucegi mountain ranges. Starting and end point was Bran castle. I don't think the chinese people will assimilate well into romania, not only language is a barrier, but no direct flights from china! LOL.

This is interesting news. What 100k race, How to join?

No direct flight is not a deterrent to China people hor. Middle East airports doing very good business with these people in transit, so much so that most sales staff are China nationals besides Pinoys.

Just that Romania is not a shopping hub of branded goods for them ....yet.....wouldn't be surprised if they are already scouting out business opportunities, setting up Chinese food eateries & then more & more will flock there.......

:o Wow ! "Left Hand Drive" [drivingcar] It is real interesting to remember driving in the opposite way and directions :slow:

No problem one. Just drive around the carpark after collecting to get used to gear shift with right hand.

I did a search. This must be what u went for :

post-109106-0-12721300-1448383444_thumb.jpg

You must be Ultra fit to join this kind of event! Hats off to you.

Very nice :a-m1212: pictures, due to 2BDriver born [sly] nature, I am compel :shy: to ask..............Do you have any Romanian girls :a-shy: photos :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Shall try to arrange. Let u know tomorrow.

Probably most locals here wouldn't think of doing this kind of road trip, right?

Nevermind, let this TameDriver lead u thru.....hope u enjoy reading .....more to come.

Nice..... !

Makes chinese tea... and wait for more pics... 

• Praise 4

Thank goodness! LOL . . [:p]

Bran castle . . . WOW! ^_^

Nice..... !

Makes chinese tea... and wait for more pics... 

Nice hor? I find the pictures have a calming effect . . . how I wish I was there :wub:

Air tickets are actually quite cheap, paid 1100 via air france transit in CDG. or u can try turkish air around the same price,transit in istanbul. But recently both countries are in Hot news, so u may have ur reservations about using them.

For car rental, do get a more powerful engine. The roads in the outskirts of city are mostly dual directional single lanes. For overtaking the big trailers, u need power n guts! lol

As for currency, dont bother trying to get it out of romania. Their currency are not well circulated and your best bet is to bring euros and change them into lei at the airport. Don't change at the airside!! exit immigrations, take the lift downstairs to the supermarket level, and change it at the bank Forex, they give the best rates.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2