Downing of Russian plane SU-24 by Turkey

SuPerBoRed

It will be interesting to see what Russia's response will be, if any. Nato is behind turkey so war is impossible. I applaud the Turkish for teaching the Russians a lesson about sovereignty after Ukraine case.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

So far from the information gathered, the Russian plane overflew a small strip of land about 6km wide belonging to Turkey 

2EC4CF9000000578-3331558-image-a-68_1448

Further complicating matters is that the Russian jet is bombing Syrian Turk rebels, which Turkey is supporting.

So it might seemed to me that the pilot is trigger happy, although technically, there IS violation of Turkish airspace

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 2

It will be interesting to see what Russia's response will be, if any. Nato is behind turkey so war is impossible. I applaud the Turkish for teaching the Russians a lesson about sovereignty after Ukraine case.

Russia can just bomb the crap out of the Turkmen in Syria to take revenge on Turkey. NATO can't complain much since they are all in Syrian territory.

It will even be justified since they were the ones that killed the Russian pilot and probably won't cost Russia much if they just unload all their aging ammo on them.

russian enciks never train their pilots not to cut across the parade square is it?

:D

:XD:  :XD: :XD:  :XD:  [thumbsup]  

Russia can just bomb the crap out of the Turkmen in Syria to take revenge on Turkey. NATO can't complain much since they are all in Syrian territory.

It will even be justified since they were the ones that killed the Russian pilot and probably won't cost Russia much if they just unload all their aging ammo on them.

201312300248235014.jpg

Edited by Mustank

ya lor, Russians can just treat it as extended live firing exercise with all safetys off ...

• Praise 2

Russia has been making enemies all around the world, except countries like Iran and China who has military and economic interest with them.  It is timely to teach them to respect the world's order and they are just a super power thug. 

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 2

Do you mean the same Turkish guys have been sending their aircraft into Syria?

Edited by Kusje

There are bigger issues in the world today like PSLE results

i am quite sure the biggest issue this month is thank you SG carmart for being able to sell the used car for a few k above 2nd hand dealers' offers

:D

• Praise 1

Do you mean the same Turkish guys have been sending their aircraft into Syria?

It is different.  The Turkish go into Syria to fight ISIS and Assad, the later who has massacred hundreds of thousands of their own people and is in power against their nation's wish.  Russia on the other hand went into Ukraine to usurp Donesk and Crimea.

I hear all these talk of bravado e.g. teach Russians a lesson etc etc but the actual fact is that no one wins in a war. People die. We need to keep this in mind.

If the Syrian crisis is not managed well, we are going to see another Afghanistan. Protracted battle without winners. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3