How to dismantle "Turbo" brand's burner Hob?

Kezg

Dear Forummers

Can anyone teach/show me how to dismantle this burner so that I can get a replacement....as can see from the pic..the rim is warp...Thank you in advance

post-17481-0-27315600-1448438749.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Just lift up?

But not sure if you would be able to get a replacement

What brand is this?

its a Turbo brand....I have tried but the rim is not moving at all....???

See the steps I indicated in the photo. U never clean your stove before? I usually will remove everything to wash and clean, including the knob!!!

U will need to go back to the maker to get the same type of burner.

post-2654-0-89981500-1448440412.jpg

See the steps I indicated in the photo. U never clean your stove before? I usually will remove everything to wash and clean, including the knob!!!

attachicon.gifpost-17481-0-27315600-1448438749.jpg

Maybe part 2 already jammed into another one more flat disc like thingy so badly that it cannot move; Wow ! 1st time i see anything until like this. TS must be having a factory of somekind at home; Usually I take out all the 2 or 3 inner ones and scrub and put in sun from time to time; the small centre one is usually made of brass the others of some kind of steel (when new very nice nice chromed; but when old - like that lah!)   

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

Maybe part 2 already jammed into another one more flat disc like thingy so badly that it cannot move; Wow ! 1st time i see anything until like this. TS must be having a factory of somekind at home; Usually I take out all the 2 or 3 inner ones and scrub and put in sun from time to time; the small centre one is usually made of brass the others of some kind of steel (when new very nice nice chromed; but when old - like that lah!)   

Mine part 2 and 3 are made of cast iron.

I will wash everything if we have been frying stuff. Inside always very oily. Need to strip it completely to clean.

If stuck, use a flat screwdriver and hammer to prise them apart. Since already spoilt, so "hard hard come". [grin]

spray WD-40.

Dear Forummers

Can anyone teach/show me how to dismantle this burner so that I can get a replacement....as can see from the pic..the rim is warp...Thank you in advance

How come the ring will crack? I did you try to lift the base together?

Clearer pics from the top? Without the support.

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 3

...previous heavy cooking for many hours( bak chang)...then become like that [bigcry]

so now thought of replacing...I have enquired from a shop, they said have to go to agent somewhere

at changi area to get spare parts....

attachicon.gifpost-17481-0-27315600-1448438749.jpg

thanks ..will try out again

...previous heavy cooking for many hours( bak chang)...then become like that [bigcry]

so now thought of replacing...I have enquired from a shop, they said have to go to agent somewhere

at changi area to get spare parts....

thanks ..will try out again

Kezg,

From the photo, unable to tell which model.

Have a look at this, and see if it is useful for you.

http://www.hoekee.com.sg/uploads/T6219SS-T7529SS_ml.pdf

Not sure if you tried calling hoekee.

http://www.hoekee.com.sg/contact_us.php

Main Branch

Tel: (65)  6749 4521

Opening Hours: Daily from 10 AM - 6 PM

IMM Showroom

Tel: 6563 5088

Opening Hours: Daily from 11 AM - 9 PM

Hoe Kee Superstore

Tel: 6392 9909

Opening Hours: Daily from 10 AM - 7 PM

Tajong Katong Showroom

Tel: 6745 7055

Opening Hours: 

Mon - Fri 12 pm - 9 pm

Saturday 11 am - 9 pm

Sun & PH 10 am - 8 pm

Kaki Bukit Showroom

Tel: 6745 3839

Opening Hours: 

Mon-Sat from 9 am - 6 pm

Sun & PH from 10 am - 6.30pm

• Praise 2

Sorry TS, ot a bit.

Any bro know how to increase the 'power' of the flame for a 3 ring burner? Is it becos something is stuck in the pipe and block the flow of gas. My CO always complain no wok hei.

Looks like TS and me need to change stove? Or is it the gas, tiagong some brand burns hotter. Is it true?

Sorry TS, ot a bit.

Any bro know how to increase the 'power' of the flame for a 3 ring burner? Is it becos something is stuck in the pipe and block the flow of gas. My CO always complain no wok hei.

Looks like TS and me need to change stove? Or is it the gas, tiagong some brand burns hotter. Is it true?

i just changed my hob to an Aerogaz tempered glass model. Cost me sgd428 for it and best thing is after installing the tech cant fire up the hob. He found out that it was due to the PUB gas supply. Called their technician and true enough the meter had to be changed....nb....waste my money siak! http://www.bestpricehub.com.sg/index.php?route=product/category&path=72_97 Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

Sorry TS, ot a bit.

All this is anecdotal. Best is to go someone's house and compare. There's some differences but within limits.

Some like Rinnai built in Burners are hotter. But they cost almost double the normal hobs.

There's no way anyone with a home hob can match the wokhei of outside. They are using lpg canisters with much higher flow rates coupled with industrial grade Burners which allow them to reach high temperatures quickly which sear the food and create wokhei

• Praise 2

All this is anecdotal. Best is to go someone's house and compare. There's some differences but within limits.

Some like Rinnai built in Burners are hotter. But they cost almost double the normal hobs.

There's no way anyone with a home hob can match the wokhei of outside. They are using lpg canisters with much higher flow rates coupled with industrial grade Burners which allow them to reach high temperatures quickly which sear the food and create wokhei

Yalah, CO always think at home can have zhi char jet propulsion stove. LOL!

Thanks bro.

i just changed my hob to an Aerogaz tempered glass model. Cost me sgd428 for it and best thing is after installing the tech cant fire up the hob. He found out that it was due to the PUB gas supply. Called their technician and true enough the meter had to be changed....nb....waste my money siak! http://www.bestpricehub.com.sg/index.php?route=product/category&path=72_97

Aiyoh! Hope it can be fixed.

spray WD-40.

Pffffft! Wa KHAW!

Yalah, CO always think at home can have zhi char jet propulsion stove. LOL!

Thanks bro.

Aiyoh! Hope it can be fixed.

Pffffft! Wa KHAW!

its working fine now after the pub tech changed the meter.....he told us many people only find out the meter problem after changing the hob. He told us we were somewhat lucky as we changed the hob after 20 yrs of use......some changed the hob after just 5 yrs of use thinking the hob was spoilt and only got to know it was actually the pub meter that was giving problems (very low pressure) after purchasing a new hob. PUB will changed the meter foc but new hob already bought....kns!

personally there are 2 things I don't mess around with, firstly is electricity and another is gas. maybe TS should consider changing the whole setup instead of changing the stuck burner. normally the burner is easily taken out, but you used until it warped and got stuck, maybe it is not a good idea to forced it out could accidentally damage  it without knowing. damaged stove is a fire hazard.

• Praise 3

spray WD-40.

Yeah, I removed the old burners, sprayed with WD 40 on all burners hole and allow some time to let it dissolve the tar, stains and residues inside, them used a good stainless mesh to scrub off the remaining stubborn residue.

This should be it, wash and rinse off all parts and allow to sun it for at least an hour or so, make sure it a sunny day.

I did mine last month, guess what, all those stucked up stains and oily residues all disappeared. and the hob cyclinders are firing all positions. Thx to WD 40. Its really works :yeah-im-not-drunk:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2