Any suggestion for sunglasses

Lovethecars

Forget about Oakley... freaking over-priced piece of plastic.

I turned myself to smaller brands and in Malaysia, I bought two sunglasses from Prosun. Each cost about MYR300 and lasted me for years. I am a sportfisherman so I used them in heavy saltwater environment. Both not peeling after 3 years plus yet.

↡ Advertisement

I have 3 pairs of Oakley Crosslink Sweep. One original and two from Aliexpress. All still good, one of the sock rubber became sticky, so ordered from Aliexpress and swop it out.

Lens, i am using Crizal lens. One is polarised. One is transition. One is blue control. Never used the original lens. Cos i prefer prescription lens for my astigmatism.

came across this website

http://rbksg.com/

super cheap

buy at own risk

I got this ... 

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on rbksg.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

Automatically send some system information and page content to Google to help detect dangerous apps and sites. Privacy policy
  • Praise 2

On 5/23/2018 at 1:17 PM, Ravinged said:

Forget about Oakley... freaking over-priced piece of plastic.

I turned myself to smaller brands and in Malaysia, I bought two sunglasses from Prosun. Each cost about MYR300 and lasted me for years. I am a sportfisherman so I used them in heavy saltwater environment. Both not peeling after 3 years plus yet.

Oakley sunglasses are a bit costly and quality is also of not that level. I think you should give a try to Framesbuy sunglasses. They maintain the high quality of the product. I bought a UV protected sunglass from Framesbuy last week & very much satisfied with the product. In fact, I got a discount on the price as it was valentine's week. I don't remember the coupon code right now, but you can visit the website and avail the discount.

Oakley and other brands are over priced 

Buy from petrol station. $39, polarised and last for years.  When I say "years", I mean 10 years and more. (From my experience)

• Praise 1

Simple , stylish, classic, great lens , many designs to choose from.

i stand by Raybans in particular Wayfarers and Aviators.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator

I think decathlon also has some nice and budget-friendly option. I bought the 5 dollar sunglasses there for my holiday. But come back I am still using. worth a try.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Ok, folks.  I need a pair of sunglasses  for flying drone.

I am not concerned with image or brand as I am already an old uncle.

I just need to get a workable pair which is able to provide the necessary protection and glare reduction.

What is a reasonable price range?  

Many thanks, all the sifus here.  Please don't suggest all the atas ones hor. 

Come to think of it -> the ones given by hospitals after LASIK operations should serve the purpose right?  Are we able to get those cheaply from Lazada or Shopee?

Edited by Albeniz

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Ok, folks.  I need a pair of sunglasses  for flying drone.

I am not concerned with image or brand as I am already an old uncle.

I just need to get a workable pair which is able to provide the necessary protection and glare reduction.

What is a reasonable price range?  

Many thanks, all the sifus here.  Please don't suggest all the atas ones hor. 

Come to think of it -> the ones given by hospitals after LASIK operations should serve the purpose right?  Are we able to get those cheaply from Lazada or Shopee?

I recommend getting the anti glare yellow glasses. Cos you can use it both in the day and at night.

At night especially when driving in the rain. Now that our street lights are LED the light is scattered(when it hits the rain water) and can be quite blinding.

For me I bought online, clip-on yellow anti glare glasses to clip onto the glasses I am wearing. Can also be flipped up like unker sunglasses. Cheap online. I think local spectacle shops also have. 

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2