LTA officer fight

StefanK

Again, we don't know the full story. We don't know what was said exactly. So we can only judge on the video. And the video clearly shows that the officer threw the punch.

No matter what, once you start hitting people, you are already in the wrong. There's nothing that can ever justify that action.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I fail to understand why uber cab cannot enter taxi lane. They are performing the same role after all.

I have seen that private buses are allowed to enter the bus lane ... LTA officer standing by never take action. Only waiting to take photo of cars.

So if I pick a gal friend and she give me a kiss as payment, can I call myself a taxi?

Confirm kena chop, the officer throw the first punch in the video evident.

after everything calm down a bit, the officer start it all over again.

In Public eyes his a LTA officer he should have better EQ.

Not true that the officer started again. The Uber driver not satisfied approach for a fight again

Though I do not agree the LTA driver throw the first punch but the Uber driver is no saint.

Spore driver will obedient to TP, but not LTA officer bcz TP can make arrest and got Gun, LTA officer got pen

Frankly I've seen enough of errant drivers F n heap vulgarities at car park attendants and LTA officers for issuing summons for breaking the law.

Sorry Uber drivers are not taxi drivers n have No rights to stop at Taxi stand, just like private buses can't stop at Bus stops.

I believe the job as LTA officers are worse than Ministers as it is both a thankless job and probably get cursed more than Ministers and low pay.

• Praise 14

Though LTA wrong to start the fight but first place the old man inch super close to the officer face....

And even after the officer stop and subsequently walk away, the old man walk all the way round the car to approach the warden

Lastly taxi stand is taxi stand... uber is not taxi

So though officer hooligan... old man also not saint lar

You got a problem with uber drivers ?

Not true that the officer started again. The Uber driver not satisfied approach for a fight again

Though I do not agree the LTA driver throw the first punch but the Uber driver is no saint.

Spore driver will obedient to TP, but not LTA officer bcz TP can make arrest and got Gun, LTA officer got pen

Frankly I've seen enough of errant drivers F n heap vulgarities at car park attendants and LTA officers for issuing summons for breaking the law.

Sorry Uber drivers are not taxi drivers n have No rights to stop at Taxi stand, just like private buses can't stop at Bus stops.

I believe the job as LTA officers are worse than Ministers as it is both a thankless job and probably get cursed more than Ministers and low pay.

what I meant is after the first fight the officer thrown the first punch to start round two.

I do not condone the provocative nature of the driver, just feel that we should not lose our cool and start punching people, especially he is on duty and represent a government organization.

My mentor thought me its always good to lose a argument then to win and lose a relationship, so I apply in my daily life as well.

Always brother brother plus :inlove:  instead of using knn ccb.

• Praise 6

Though LTA wrong to start the fight but first place the old man inch super close to the officer face....

And even after the officer stop and subsequently walk away, the old man walk all the way round the car to approach the warden

Lastly taxi stand is taxi stand... uber is not taxi

So though officer hooligan... old man also not saint lar

if the old man approach the second time to LTA officer and started to throw a punch then he is wrong

but he didnt. i think he buay song want to talk again lol

so 2x the LTA officer throw punch. 

I agree taxi stand is for taxi not for uber. but no matter what the guy said, even scold mother or grandfather, the LTA guy shouldnt throw the punch. 

p.s i nvrhear SSB b4 but 369. did they join LTA now?

• Praise 2

Ok guys... this incident raises a very interesting question.

Is it wrong for private cars to drop off/pick up passengers at taxi stand and bus stop when there is no taxi or bus in-sight?

• Praise 1

Is it wrong for private cars to drop off/pick up passengers at taxi stand and bus stop when there is no taxi or bus in-sight?

Bus stop should be illegal

But for mall taxi stand that remains a question since its under mall management??

P.s i do drop people on bus stop when its non peak and no bus behind haha

• Praise 1

So if I pick a gal friend and she give me a kiss as payment, can I call myself a taxi?

Good morning, I don't call you a taxi driver, 'I'll call you a playboy instead.

Hehehe....

got problem state time and place. lai lai lai

attachicon.gifgiphy.gif

You're having extra gun powder?

I also need some to play play.

Opsss....

what I meant is after the first fight the officer thrown the first punch to start round two.

I do not condone the provocative nature of the driver, just feel that we should not lose our cool and start punching people, especially he is on duty and represent a government organization.

My mentor thought me its always good to lose a argument then to win and lose a relationship, so I apply in my daily life as well.

Always brother brother plus :inlove: instead of using knn ccb.

FYI, Tigerwoods got many brothers, I am one of them....
  • Praise 10

Traffic Police got carry gun ?? I didn't know, actually ;I must observe carefully; good Sunday morning Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 1

You have a good point. Both are in the wrong

The uber driver is the traffic offender, supposely to be caught n summon by the lta officer = legit

Now add in one more equation, lta officer punched the driver becomes, the lta officer = law breaker

Going by sequence, if the uber driver hadnt violated the traffic rules, the scruffle wouldnt have happened

Uber is not taxi, cannot enter taxi stand is correct

Who knows he is uber driver, there is not identification tag on his passenger looking car

Maybe uber should write some code to the app that when member key in taxi stand word, the system will prompt, uber driver are not allowed to be in taxi stand. Save the trouble as the member will lan lan and type other pick up location.

Like that will not have any clashes, most of these happening is because member just do not know the rules or some could not be bothered and just want for convenient sake. Like that uber driver also hard leh.

Edited by Yewheng

Under LTA rules, parking a car at taxi stand is illegal, but the Road Trafic Act makes it clear that immediately picking up a person or dropping off a person does not constitute parking. Edited by Dafansu
  • Praise 3

After viewing the video, I have the same view as you.

Uber driver seems to purposely provoke the LTA guy.

But LTA guy should not use violent.

I'm sure there was some amount of provocation otherwise the LTA guy wouldn't have reacted in this manner. Like u said, that doesn't vindicate his aggression though.

• Praise 13

remember recently there's a case where a man whack an officer at CDC?

Tan Chuan Jin came out to condemn that man and said public servants shall not be harmed in any way, and that man shall be punished accordingly

the roles are reversed in this case... the LTA enforcer shall be punished at least equally, or more severely, than the one at CDC

• Praise 2

Bus stop should be illegal

But for mall taxi stand that remains a question since its under mall management??

P.s i do drop people on bus stop when its non peak and no bus behind haha

All b'cos it had been informed that any vehicles that stop within 15 meters before or after the bus stop will be issued with a summon of $120/- fine and 6 demerit points. That's why all drivers kwai kwai. Why they kwai kwai ? b'cos SBS & SMRT buses got installed cam. If no cam, a lot still stop inside bus stop .... [laugh]

Nothing of such Road Traffic Act at taxi stands within a shopping mall. But if along the road inside CBD, private car drivers stop inside a designated taxi lots will get summon.  

If some civilian drivers still failed to check themselves, very soon all registered taxis will also install cam and there will be 'war' out there on the road. "I cam you and you cam me" ............ :a-m1524:  :a-m1524:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2