New 2017 Kia Forte K3

ricleosg

Thanks! I ask becoz sometimes my steering wheel is not align to centre after engaged P and handbrakes are engaged. I am afraid might damage some mechanical parts if I would turn the steering wheel.

The possible wear will be on the steering tie rod ball joint as the experts said would be ideal if move the car and steer to minimise the wear on the tie rods . But if u turn at stationary , there may be some wear n tear on the tie roads but would be minimum as I believed you only steer abit just to align the steering .
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Correct way is -

1. press brake pedal

2. pull handbrake

3. Release brake pedal - so that the weight of the car rests on the brakes, and not gear

4. Press brake pedal

5. Engage gear to P

I guess between 1 and 2, engage gear to N?

• Praise 1

Yes thats recommended. To ensure that the weight of the car is on the brakes instead of the parking pin, which may wear out and even break under prolonged weight-bearing.

A friend's 11 year old GLX cant engage P gear anymore

I guess between 1 and 2, engage gear to N?

Good morning .

More like apply brake pedal first , then pull handbrake , followed by engaging to P , so as to reduce movements in the transmission that may cause wear and tear .

Yes thats recommended. To ensure that the weight of the car is on the brakes instead of the parking pin, which may wear out and even break under prolonged weight-bearing.

Yes true .

From my experience as a GLX owner before , if cannot engage P , the gearshift rubber sleeve is worn or broken . I replaced it for less than $60 in C&C . U can ask him try the cheaper version first before overhauling the gearbox .

You're stepping on the brakes... why would the weight of the car be on the gearbox?

You're stepping on the brakes... why would the weight of the car be on the gearbox?

If there is a slight slope, when you release the brake pedal, there is a shift of the vehicle weight to the next braking mechanism. So if you shift to 'N', pull hand brake / engage electronic brake and release brake pedal,  the shift will be to the hand brake / electronic brake. If you shift to 'P', pull hand brake and release brake pedal, there's a chance that the shift off vehicle weight may landed on the "Parking Pin" in the autiomatic gearbox.

If there is a slight slope, when you release the brake pedal, there is a shift of the vehicle weight to the next braking mechanism. So if you shift to 'N', pull hand brake / engage electronic brake and release brake pedal, the shift will be to the hand brake / electronic brake. If you shift to 'P', pull hand brake and release brake pedal, there's a chance that the shift off vehicle weight may landed on the "Parking Pin" in the autiomatic gearbox.

But you're parking the vehicle... so as long as you pull the hand brake before you release the brake pedal, there's no issue...

But you're parking the vehicle... so as long as you pull the hand brake before you release the brake pedal, there's no issue...

That's sound logic.

• Praise 1

What is the proper procedure again?

This is mine > Foot Brake, R gear, Foot brake, P gear, hand brake, release foot brake

Edited by song77
  • Praise 1

Hi bros , can anyone advise what's the speaker's size , is it 6" or 6.5" ?

TIA !!

6.5" front and back

Not too sure if this was discussed before. Anyone changed their absorbers? Feel that they're quite bumpy on the roads.

• Praise 1

Not too sure if this was discussed before. Anyone changed their absorbers? Feel that they're quite bumpy on the roads.

There are a few of them change to coilover type...you may want to consider too.

Depend your wheel size and is it the rear passenger feel bumpy or the front passenger as well?

Bumpy meh? I find mine a little softer than my previous ride.

Maybe your tires are low on air?