MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

hello! i have a friend that doesn't have a car and wants to do grab/uber. Any recommendations on which car rental company or names to avoid? read on fb that one of the drivers had a bad experience with twincar automotive as well but not sure the case so.. 

↡ Advertisement

hello! i have a friend that doesn't have a car and wants to do grab/uber. Any recommendations on which car rental company or names to avoid? read on fb that one of the drivers had a bad experience with twincar automotive as well but not sure the case so.. 

Your friend or you? Advise your friend to stay out of this. The market is too saturated. Unless he only wants to drive a car and say is his own car, then go and rent. Else, this is not recommended.

Turbocharged

I think u should go check uber forums.

There are feedback that u need to sign contracts to loan the car.. Yet your income is dependent on their incentives and fare.

If your income isn't matching cos they reduce the amount, u will be stuck into the mud.

Don't get yourself into the potential situation bro.

Your friend or you? Advise your friend to stay out of this. The market is too saturated. Unless he only wants to drive a car and say is his own car, then go and rent. Else, this is not recommended.

actually is a relative. well, currently no income so hewas thinking of doing this to tahan. anyways i appreciate your advice and i'll discuss with him about it! thanks for the heads up! 

I think u should go check uber forums.

There are feedback that u need to sign contracts to loan the car.. Yet your income is dependent on their incentives and fare.

If your income isn't matching cos they reduce the amount, u will be stuck into the mud.

Don't get yourself into the potential situation bro.

okay thanks for the heads up and appreciate your help. i'll inform him about the forums! 

Turbocharged

actually is a relative. well, currently no income so hewas thinking of doing this to tahan. anyways i appreciate your advice and i'll discuss with him about it! thanks for the heads up! 

okay thanks for the heads up and appreciate your help. i'll inform him about the forums! 

no prob.. and one more thing.. the ability to get passengers is also dependent on the company, and the number of passengers in that area.

if there are many drivers around all fighting for the same or lesser number of passengers... eat grass leow... still need to pay the loan and petrol.

initially i also wanted to find a retirement job like this... then go read up a bit... then hokay... back to reality  :XD:

Hi all bro & sis, just want to ask for some suggestion.

Im currently 29 years old, married, got a house, got a kid, working fulltime mon-fri 9am-6pm.

was thinking to work grabcar as a parttime to earn extra income, planning to drive sun-thurs 7pm-12am, fri-sat 7pm-3am.

do you guys think I can earn after deducting the rental of weekly $200, the 20% for grabcar & petrol?

Turbocharged

I think the more objective question is whether you can still work in a productive manner and fulfill your day job KPI if the part time driving hrs are so demanding.

Sustainable in the long term? Can you tahan?

Supercharged

Agree with @vinceng. To sustain long term, @sylar7 should only consider driving on Fri to Sun... rental maybe around $150, petrol most likely $100 and grab commission 20%.

Weekdays driving 7pm onwards depends on your working location. If it is too far from CBD, e.g. Tuas, Woodlands, then your time will be more in traffic jams than earning. And entering CBD without customers incurs extra ERP charges so no point. If you parked your car in CBD, then the season parking will most likely eats away your grab revenue unless company pays for it...

My humble opinion please at least leave your weekdays night for your kid. Earn on the weekends...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Hi all bro & sis, just want to ask for some suggestion.

Im currently 29 years old, married, got a house, got a kid, working fulltime mon-fri 9am-6pm.

was thinking to work grabcar as a parttime to earn extra income, planning to drive sun-thurs 7pm-12am, fri-sat 7pm-3am.

do you guys think I can earn after deducting the rental of weekly $200, the 20% for grabcar & petrol?

I think that it is not so easy now that they have many people driving uber and grabcar. I have a few friends who were driving part-time and have given up cuz unable to earn any extra after they cover rental and petrol.

Turbocharged

I think that it is not so easy now that they have many people driving uber and grabcar. I have a few friends who were driving part-time and have given up cuz unable to earn any extra after they cover rental and petrol.

so far it's been discussed about conventional cab and uber/grabcar...don't forget, they also have another one.. HITCH.

ryde and grabhitch (from grab), and if i'm not wrong, uber is joining the game too.

i have one of the apps installed on my phone, occasionally i'd tompang someone along my way to work/home.

from the looks of it.... the pot is getting too little to share among so many players. 

stay away... unless it's to meet chiobu, for fun or kill time where you don't have to be stressed over the $.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

so far it's been discussed about conventional cab and uber/grabcar...don't forget, they also have another one.. HITCH.

ryde and grabhitch (from grab), and if i'm not wrong, uber is joining the game too.

i have one of the apps installed on my phone, occasionally i'd tompang someone along my way to work/home.

from the looks of it.... the pot is getting too little to share among so many players. 

stay away... unless it's to meet chiobu, for fun or kill time where you don't have to be stressed over the $.

Yeah. I have a few friends in Uni who drove part-time to have their own car and earn some money. They say that it used to take them about 2-3hrs of driving to cover rental and petrol. Now almost double before they can cover.

Hi, just to keep u guys update, on monday I try to drive from 7pm to 12am. Total 9 trip = $109(actual), after incentive($147)-$29.40(20%)-$26.45(Fuel)-$24(Rental by Per HR)=$67.15(Total Earn). My AR 100%, Ratings 5, Cancellation 0%.

Hi, just to keep u guys update, on monday I try to drive from 7pm to 12am. Total 9 trip = $109(actual), after incentive($147)-$29.40(20%)-$26.45(Fuel)-$24(Rental by Per HR)=$67.15(Total Earn). My AR 100%, Ratings 5, Cancellation 0%.

5hr of driving earning $67.15

Risk of accident

Need to woke up early

Tiring after reaching hm

No time for kids

So wu hua bo is up to ur thinking

• Praise 2

Who know meet someone never bath so smelly ....

Hi, just to keep u guys update, on monday I try to drive from 7pm to 12am. Total 9 trip = $109(actual), after incentive($147)-$29.40(20%)-$26.45(Fuel)-$24(Rental by Per HR)=$67.15(Total Earn). My AR 100%, Ratings 5, Cancellation 0%.

Gave up so much for $67 over 5 hours.

• Praise 2

Gave up so much for $67 over 5 hours.

Ya lo

Limpeh work half hr get tt aldy...

Ts, go pick up a useful skill that u can make $$ with AND NOT compromising your health, family time, etc. these are things you can NEVER gain back

Drive safe

↡ Advertisement