MCF kaki UBERers/GRABCARers

RadX

it didn't seem cheaper to me.

my friend was quoted $40 (it was 1am plus) from clark quay to hillview..and for 2 additional stops(shangrila hotel and queenstown mrt) that are on the way, it is additional $20, making it a total of $60. 

I have taken midnight cab from change airport till queenstown and it cost me only about $36 (even with airport and midnight surcharge).  distance wise, I believe changi to queenstown is further than clark quay to hillview.  how can clark quay to hillview charge more even at base rates?

I like the ability to choose what is the cheapest & most convenient for me.

If i go home at 8 or later, i usually use Uber as it would cost me no more than $12.  The moment i hail a cab, meter already shows $6.

Mind you, Clarke Quay -> Shangrila Hotel -> Queenstown MRT -> Hillview is quite a distance hor.

bro,

changi airport to queenstown is 27km and with midnight charge and airport surcharge it cost me $36

clark quay to hillview is 17.7km and the base rate before stopovers included is $40.  with stopovers it cost $60.....

It is clear this grab driver is much more pricier....

I like the ability to choose what is the cheapest & most convenient for me.

If i go home at 8 or later, i usually use Uber as it would cost me no more than $12.  The moment i hail a cab, meter already shows $6.

Mind you, Clarke Quay -> Shangrila Hotel -> Queenstown MRT -> Hillview is quite a distance hor.

Edited by Acemundo

Supercharged

it didn't seem cheaper to me.

my friend was quoted $40 (it was 1am plus) from clark quay to hillview..and for 2 additional stops(shangrila hotel and queenstown mrt) that are on the way, it is additional $20, making it a total of $60. 

I have taken midnight cab from change airport till queenstown and it cost me only about $36 (even with airport and midnight surcharge).  distance wise, I believe changi to queenstown is further than clark quay to hillview.  how can clark quay to hillview charge more even at base rates?

that's what i mentioned earlier, it could be cheaper on certain time frame and from certain pickup location only. like when these 3rd parties apps do not charge for city and ERP surcharges. 

You mean you hear stories that uber drivers are buying condos at 6th avenue?

bro, it was meant for a joke la. some people out in the market were just boasting the ability of their apps. :)

despite all the grouses, i think because they provided the ride when taxis are difficult to hail, i would cut them some slack on the pricey-ness although i do feel they ought to have higher standards of service or have a more pleasant attitude if they charge so high.

that's what i mentioned earlier, it could be cheaper on certain time frame and from certain pickup location only. like when these 3rd parties apps do not charge for city and ERP surcharges. 

bro,

changi airport to queenstown is 27km and with midnight charge and airport surcharge it cost me $36

clark quay to hillview is 17.7km and the base rate before stopovers included is $40.  with stopovers it cost $60.....

It is clear this grab driver is overcharging by a lot.

Clarke Quay -> Shangrila Hotel -> Queenstown MRT -> Hillview

4.4km + 6.7km + 12.8km = 23.9km

When the drive end, was a receipt email to your friend?  If yes, write to Grab to complain lor.

bro,

It is clear this grab driver is much more pricier....

Bro, u grab a grabcar+ lah, that's private chauffeur with luxury car. It is like taking limousine service liao.

Normal grabcar charges $5 per stopover only. Grabcar+ then charge $10 per stopover and has higher fares. 

bro, my initial comparison was already appropriate using the base rate vs mileage comparisons when i talked about clark quay to hillview.....i only take it up again because you said the distance is not short.  now there is no need to correct the distance by using your extended stops illustration when i gave mine using the base rate comparison of 

$40 for 17.7k vs $36 for 27km

Clarke Quay -> Shangrila Hotel -> Queenstown MRT -> Hillview

4.4km + 6.7km + 12.8km = 23.9km

When the drive end, was a receipt email to your friend?  If yes, write to Grab to complain lor.

hehe i also don't know whether my friend eventually swopped to grabcar.

we started trying uber but couldn't find cars.

he tapped grabtaxi and there was response.  initially i also thought it was a taxi.  in fact my friend also surprised it was a private car rather than a taxi as he was tapping on the taxi option.

but frankly this service level doesn't commensurate with what anyone would expect of limousine service..... 

Bro, u grab a grabcar+ lah, that's private chauffeur with luxury car. It is like taking limousine service liao.

Normal grabcar charges $5 per stopover only. Grabcar+ then charge $10 per stopover and has higher fares. 

Edited by Acemundo

despite all the grouses, i think because they provided the ride when taxis are difficult to hail, i would cut them some slack on the pricey-ness although i do feel they ought to have higher standards of service or have a more pleasant attitude if they charge so high.

Come on lah.  Do you want to squat at Liang Court in the middle of the night waiting for cab?

The good thing about cab is that you can always give feedback.  Give 1 star lor & put all your grouses there lor.

bro, my initial comparison was already appropriate using the base rate vs mileage comparisons when i talked about clark quay to hillview.....i only take it up again because you said the distance is not short.  now there is no need to correct the distance by using your extended stops illustration when i gave mine using the base rate comparison of 

$40 for 17.7k vs $36 for 27km

Then compare apple to apple. Try taking Mercedes or Chrysler taxi.

but frankly this service level doesn't commensurate with what anyone would expect of limousine service..... 

I agree on the service not up to standard but not totally on the price portion.

i have taken Mercedes cab.  it was $40 and Chrysler about $46....in both instances, the service level is commensurate with the price level.  and these were for 28km ride.

compared to this one who is $40 for 17.7km ride?

Then compare apple to apple. Try taking Mercedes or Chrysler taxi.

i have taken Mercedes cab.  it was $40 and Chrysler about $46....in both instances, the service level is commensurate with the price level.  and these were for 28km ride.

compared to this one who is $40 for 17.7km ride?

Well, I was suggesting apple to apple comparison to take a mercedes or chrysler taxi from the same place. Make a booking like Grabcar and then compare the prices.

But definitely on the service level, I would be turned off too... I would never never argue with customers except for some smart alex that I met... That's another story.

But one thing I dun understand if your friend had selected Grabtaxi... why would a Grabcar+ driver appears? hmmm... this must definitely feedback else Grabcar drivers (normal private cars) will not have business liao... hahaaa

haha ok.  i hv never booked mercs or Chrysler cab.  only took them from airport before.

i am quite sure my friend wouldn't have taken the risk to select the more premium options of "Grab".  now i went to check the charges of $10 per stop for Grab , it appears the pricing is for Grab Premium.  something must be wrong with the apps for them to just send us the premium ones when we were tapping on the grabtaxi or economy at most.

Well, I was suggesting apple to apple comparison to take a mercedes or chrysler taxi from the same place. Make a booking like Grabcar and then compare the prices.

But definitely on the service level, I would be turned off too... I would never never argue with customers except for some smart alex that I met... That's another story.

But one thing I dun understand if your friend had selected Grabtaxi... why would a Grabcar+ driver appears? hmmm... this must definitely feedback else Grabcar drivers (normal private cars) will not have business liao... hahaaa

Newbie question, are the fares reflected in the app when you hail for the taxi/pte car? 

Or only when the driver arrives then can negotiate?

Newbie question, are the fares reflected in the app when you hail for the taxi/pte car? 

Or only when the driver arrives then can negotiate?

Yes, UberX shows estimated price while Grabcar shows fixed price (except toll fares, waiting time and extra stopovers). Taxi still goes by meter.

Edited by Carnoob

If Grabtaxi is selected, why Grabcar+driver turn up. Interesting! d assurance not there leh. But still lucky than tat Ang Mo, cannot remember Uber or Grabcar, he paid $165 from Beach Rd to somewhere Jurong. Tats why, scare of using these private app, not sure what type of car will turn up. Sekali a

Porsche turn up. Jialat.

If Grabtaxi is selected, why Grabcar+driver turn up. Interesting! d assurance not there leh. But still lucky than tat Ang Mo, cannot remember Uber or Grabcar, he paid $165 from Beach Rd to somewhere Jurong. Tats why, scare of using these private app, not sure what type of car will turn up. Sekali a

Porsche turn up. Jialat.

Hahaa, this I oso can't answer maybe even a Ferrari will show up... they had a promo during F1 season...

Ya, muz ask Grabtaxi liao but normally it should not happen. Or maybe the driver registered as Grabcar but decides to use his Volvo but never change to Grabcar+... Oh yah, this I forgot to mention, driver muz select in the apps on which service he is providing, Grabcar or Grabcar+ if he had registered for both...

Booked a normal Grabcar the other day, and had a Grabcar 6-seater who took the job at Grabcar (Economy) price. Driver said that Grabcar 6-seater and Grabcar + drivers have the option of accepting Grabcar (Economy) jobs at the normal economy rate.

↡ Advertisement