Fibre broadband

Ysc3

Twincharged

just rcvd a letter from opennet saying that my unit can subscribe to fibre broadband services already.

so anyone already using fibre ?

how is the speed compared to the present cable or ADSL ?

i am considering M1's 25mbps pack at $39 since its the cheapest of the lot and also since all 3 ISP lists their international speed at 15mbps only.

↡ Advertisement

i have the m1 100mbps fibre that came with free hp i5 notebook last year sep. Is pretty fast, i pay only 39 a month and can bt movies in few mins to an hour which used to take hours and days over adsl. No regrets.

i have the m1 100mbps fibre that came with free hp i5 notebook last year sep. Is pretty fast, i pay only 39 a month and can bt movies in few mins to an hour which used to take hours and days over adsl. No regrets.

Thanks for the recommendation. Been hearing good things about M1 too.

Twincharged

so anyone using the 25mbps plan ? 100mbps is far in comparison leh ....although $59.

will be porting over my home number from ST to M1 also by subscribing to the residential gateway ($2/mth).

$39 p/m for 100mb - Student Plan only. Im using the 50mb - $49 p/m - quite good. Rent the router for $2 pm. Comes with free tel line if you pay activation charge $33 there about I think.

Note : Once you sign up at the Shop still have to wait a few days for the Tech to come down your house to install the stuffs before u can start surfing!

What plan is yours how come so super cheap? I went to M1 website, the price plan still the same as b4, 100Mbps $59 and no free gift.

Link to M1 plans

Edited by Sgnick

Twincharged

$39 p/m for 100mb - Student Plan only. Im using the 50mb - $49 p/m - quite good. Rent the router for $2 pm. Comes with free tel line if you pay activation charge $33 there about I think.

Note : Once you sign up at the Shop still have to wait a few days for the Tech to come down your house to install the stuffs before u can start surfing!

huh !! still got $33 activation fee ?? KNN !!

anyway, i still have 2 mths more b4 my 8mbps mio expire ...hope got good offers during this period.

What plan is yours how come so super cheap? I went to M1 website, the price plan still the same as b4, 100Mbps $59 and no free gift.

Link to M1 plans

this was the very 1st launch of fibre at suntec sep 1 last year... yeah, i was one of those kiasu who went to queue up on the 1st day of the IT show to get this offer. It was supposed to be $59 per month - but as I was one of the trial subsrciber for the fibre plans, we got an additional discount.

Twincharged

ok, this is the latest (i presume) from the 3 telcos .... since i got them last week only.

singtel_fibre.jpg

m1_fibre.jpg

starhub_fibre.jpg

Turbocharged

No choice leh... if not for the hub club discount.... already jump ship.... but got saving under SH.... so will prob stick with them when me hse wire up... likely end of the year...

Now wanna download movie (esp Smurf) take hell of a long time..... [lipsrsealed][laugh] ....NBzzz... [:p]

Edited by Nlatio

Twincharged

No choice leh... if not for the hub club discount.... already jump ship.... but got saving under SH.... so will prob stick with them when me hse wire up... likely end of the year...

Now wanna download movie (esp Smurf) take hell of a long time..... [lipsrsealed][laugh] ....NBzzz... [:p]

so are under using fibre now or adsl/cable ? if mio, traffic in the morning seems light and faster. I always get my weekly dosage of WWE in the mornings.

list prices can?

Hi All,

Has replied all PM and questions ^_^

Please note there is ONT installation charge of $58.85

Reserve your earliest installation date now.

Cheers,

James

Hi All,

Has replied all PM and questions ^_^

Please note there is ONT installation charge of $58.85

Reserve your earliest installation date now.

Cheers,

James

thanks for the PM.

hope it keep such price till i renew.

or when i really want.

cheers.

just rcvd a letter from opennet saying that my unit can subscribe to fibre broadband services already.

i am considering M1's 25mbps pack at $39 since its the cheapest of the lot and also since all 3 ISP lists their international speed at 15mbps only.

I subscribe to Starhub Fibre Optic broadband.

Dono its because of SH or the Fibre BB, but there are downtimes with no internet connection and and slow speed.

I got the 50MB plan and got Nothing, no freebies, only got the cheapo looking Huawei Modem and wireless router...

Just got mine commissioned less than an hour ago. Just also told the line broadband port at one laptop not able to detect the Cat 5 cable signal. Got to go to enquire on laptop warranty.

↡ Advertisement