Fibre broadband

Ysc3

wow thats great!. seems like the review is very good. so any of the bros here also took up the sports fibre bb? ADSL will sometimes lagged at times. Will fibre conenctions experience this when watching the BPL?

↡ Advertisement

Get a simultaneous dual band n router. Using linksys e4200 as bridge for my 100mbps fibre. Hitting 72mbps on far end of our house 10 m away.

Can share more details ? Signed up for 100mbs singtel and is going to installed in April. But suspect the original modem/router given may not enable the wireless to reach optimal signal in my room from the living room.

Thanks.

Can share more details ? Signed up for 100mbs singtel and is going to installed in April. But suspect the original modem/router given may not enable the wireless to reach optimal signal in my room from the living room.

Thanks.

i can access the given modem (on 8th floor) from ground floor of my block, what do your think? -_-

Singtel also give me free modem for the fibre setup. Plus 2 months free subscription. Waiver of installation charges. Convert telephone line to digital line. tihs package is the etreme sports pack 200mbs 24 months contract.

it is likely the free modem cannot support wireless speeds of 200mbps, unless you direct connect

Thanks.

they will provide you one which is max 75Mbps wireless. Direct connect will be 100mbps.

Just get a 802.11n router if you need >=100mbps wireless

i can access the given modem (on 8th floor) from ground floor of my block, what do your think? -_-

Care to share what is your wireless speed when u are on level 8 of your blk? Also can advise if you are usiing the 100mbps or 200mbps? What is the modelm spec singtel provide?

Edited by MkMan

Care to share what is your wireless speed when u are on level 8 of your blk? Also can advise if you are usiing the 100mbps or 200mbps? What is the modelm spec singtel provide?

i am on fiber 50mbps only, the usual N modem from singtel :D

at home i get 25mbps for devices on wifi in bedrooms, inthe same room where the modem you get close to 40-50mbps.

i surf mcf on my S2 phone while waiting for kids/CO at the ground floor of my block...

The N modem provided is the black colour one right?

for fiber, in think they are the same like this... (borrow from google image)

IMG_5505.jpg

I am on StarHub 100 Mbps. Usin the dlink to wired bridge to linksys. Using the linksys as nas, wireless print, mobile device support and guest access

The white color box is the router?

I thought the Router and modem is an integrated one - that is, 1 device only.

Any recommendation of a wireless router that can optimise the wireless speed ? What about those booster plug ?

Neutral Newbie

Don't waste your $$ getting higher than 25mbps, international connection speed is only 15mbps max for most websites. The higher speed only allows u to connect faster to local partner sites, else it is also capped at 15mbps.

I upgraded from 15mbps singtel broadband to 25mbps singel fiber optics 1 year back ago and never looked back, ran connectivity test via speedtest.net and found that latency definitely improved typically 2ms vs 30+, download speed improved from 10ish to near 20ish, bonus is that upload speed increased dramatically from 0.5 to 10ish.

To sum it up, fiber optic experience lower latency, faster download and even faster upload. Webpages load pretty fast as a result and I have been doing more time on torrents :D

Definitely worth the upgrade especially with free opennet installation.