Second hand mobile phone dealers

Icebird

Anyone has experience with this - I am getting a new phone and am thinking of selling my current phone. If I sell my current iphone to a second hand phone dealer, can they transfer the data in my phone for me to my new phone?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone has experience with this - I am getting a new phone and am thinking of selling my current phone. If I sell my current iphone to a second hand phone dealer, can they transfer the data in my phone for me to my new phone?

Your data should be your responsibility bro. Especially with an iPhone... it's damn easy to back up, erase your current phone and restore to new phone. 

I wouldn't trust someone else to do that... also to make sure he's deleted all of the data from your old phone.

I've only dealt with a shop in Far East Plaza... Mobile Square... forget which level. They were pretty good when I sold a couple of unwanted gifts to them. Haven't bought anything though... so not sure how their warranties work.

http://mobilesquare.com.sg/en/

Whatever you do... don't go to Why Mobile in the same plaza... damn rude and useless guys there. 

• Praise 5

you want to be the second Edison Chen?

• Praise 3

Your data should be your responsibility bro. Especially with an iPhone... it's damn easy to back up, erase your current phone and restore to new phone. 

I wouldn't trust someone else to do that... also to make sure he's deleted all of the data from your old phone.

I've only dealt with a shop in Far East Plaza... Mobile Square... forget which level. They were pretty good when I sold a couple of unwanted gifts to them. Haven't bought anything though... so not sure how their warranties work.

http://mobilesquare.com.sg/en/

Whatever you do... don't go to Why Mobile in the same plaza... damn rude and useless guys there. 

That's true. How can I be sure all data is deleted? I am using iphone 6.

That's true. How can I be sure all data is deleted? I am using iphone 6.

http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/02/prepare-iphone-for-sale/

I agree with the OSXDaily article.

1) Make two backups of the iPhone: one with iTunes on your Mac/PC and second with iCloud backup. But if no Mac/PC doesn't matter... the iCloud backup doesn't save the actual apps... just the names... so these need to be downloaded again in the new phone. But all the user settings / user data / app settings are saved.

That's if you're getting another iPhone... if not... you should read a bit more about migrating to Android. I don't have a clue about that.

2) Sign out of iMessage on your phone

Apple also has their recommended steps to follow;

https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT201351

If you have tons of photo... than you're probably going to run out of iCloud space. I recommend getting the new Google Photo app. Damn good and gives you complete backup of pics and videos. Upload this before erasing your phone (obviously)

you want to be the second Edison Chen?

Maybe she is Serina Wee leh?

You sure you given the right advice ?  :inlove:  :inlove:

• Praise 1

Go to WhyMobile.com and they will help you wipe your phone before you trade in. They don't want a phone that will end up kena locked or what either.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1