Rain Shield for Side Mirror and Side Windows

elmoguy

Just apply rain-x on the side mirror and window.

yes, we need to ensure the mirror in free of oil residue etc by applying glass compound. As for the side mirror we need to apply mirror coat (0 speed). Rain-x is for wind screen (40km/h or above). One of the established brand is http://www.soft99.co.jp/english/products/carcare/glass_coating.html besides rain-x brand

Just apply rain-x on the side mirror and window.

I tried other brand previously and it is not effective at all? Is Rain-X that effective? Thanks for your prompt reply.

yes, we need to ensure the mirror in free of oil residue etc by applying glass compound. As for the side mirror we need to apply mirror coat (0 speed). Rain-x is for wind screen (40km/h or above). One of the established brand is http://www.soft99.co.jp/english/products/carcare/glass_coating.html besides rain-x brand

Thanks. Soft99 and Rain-X, which is the best? I heard my colleagues mentioned Rain-X before.

My application area will be side view mirror and side windows.

post-165514-0-10965600-1449138811.jpg

Purchased Rain-X as I couldn't find Soft99. Hopefully it works.

Previously, I use Rain Act, not very effective.

post-165514-0-14995900-1449138953.jpg

attachicon.gif20151203 06.33 24.jpg

Purchased Rain-X as I couldn't find Soft99. Hopefully it works.

Previously, I use Rain Act, not very effective.

attachicon.gif20151203 06.35 25.jpg

I used to use rain x for my front windscreen and side mirrors. It is quite effective but only last for about 5 rainy weathers and need to re apply. You do not even need to activate your wiper when it is raining. However, if you are using for front windscreen, you need to take note that your front wiper will start to judder.

• Praise 1

I tried other brand previously and it is not effective at all? Is Rain-X that effective? Thanks for your prompt reply.

Thanks. Soft99 and Rain-X, which is the best? I heard my colleagues mentioned Rain-X before.

My application area will be side view mirror and side windows.

I think it's the same chemical in Rain-X. I'm actually using a cheapo MY made brand right now.

It smells, felt and work the same.

It's very effective.

I just apply on the side windows and mirrors. Rain will just splatter off, they don't stick there.

Giving you a clear view. However, you might need to reapply it after a couple of weeks or months.

But it's good enough for the rainy period.

I used to use rain x for my front windscreen and side mirrors. It is quite effective but only last for about 5 rainy weathers and need to re apply. You do not even need to activate your wiper when it is raining. However, if you are using for front windscreen, you need to take note that your front wiper will start to judder.

You are right. It damaged my front wiper few years back. Thanks.

I think it's the same chemical in Rain-X. I'm actually using a cheapo MY made brand right now.

It smells, felt and work the same.

It's very effective.

I just apply on the side windows and mirrors. Rain will just splatter off, they don't stick there.

Giving you a clear view. However, you might need to reapply it after a couple of weeks or months.

But it's good enough for the rainy period.

Would you be able to share the brand with me? I guess, it is more on the effectiveness rather than brand. I can consider your after my current one finishes. THanks.

You are right. It damaged my front wiper few years back. Thanks.

Would you be able to share the brand with me? I guess, it is more on the effectiveness rather than brand. I can consider your after my current one finishes. THanks.

Reason why it will damage your wiper because it is ANTI-Wipers... [laugh] ...conflict of interest and function...

Watched youtube and other comments, there are people who commented to prevent front wiper to judder when applying rain x on front windscreen, also apply on the front wiper too. Damp the cloth with rain x and then wipe it over the front wiper.

Don't know whether it really works, never got a chance to try it out.

• Praise 1

Watched youtube and other comments, there are people who commented to prevent front wiper to judder when applying rain x on front windscreen, also apply on the front wiper too. Damp the cloth with rain x and then wipe it over the front wiper.

Don't know whether it really works, never got a chance to try it out.

Thanks bro, will checked it out as I have added the rain x washer fluid to my wiper water container and applied it on my wind screen.