Rain Shield for Side Mirror and Side Windows

elmoguy

I use a spray from Bata to waterproof my shoes. One can good enuf for three pairs. Doesn't change the appearance. Costs RM20 up north.

You are very creative.  [thumbsup]

It this better than Rain X if this were to apply to side rear mirror and side mirror?

↡ Advertisement

You are very creative.  [thumbsup]

It this better than Rain X if this were to apply to side rear mirror and side mirror?

Haven't tried it on glass yet. So far, leather, suede, synthetic sneaker mesh fabric, cotton shoe mesh. Shoes stay the same when I walk in the rain or spill water on them.

saw it at bukit batok autobac too...judging from the previous posts.

soft99-glaco works for average 2months.

will go get n try out on my first car wash...

(edited)

All these are just products containing wax somemore it's diluted into liquid form and selling at ridiculous prices. I do not use them. If you want to use them correctly apply them as if you are applying wax on the car's body.

Use water to wet a microfibre cloth, squeeze off access water, apply the liquid wax on the windscreen, use the damp cloth to spread it evenly over the surface. If you spread it evenly your wipers will not judder.

They are just a gimmick to me. You might as well use regular wax on the windscreen if they wear off just as quickly as regular wax. Why give away that extra money?

Edited by Watwheels

All these are just products containing wax somemore it's diluted into liquid form and selling at ridiculous prices. I do not use them. If you want to use them correctly apply them as if you are applying wax on the car's body.

Use water to wet a microfibre cloth, squeeze off access water, apply the liquid wax on the windscreen, use the damp cloth to spread it evenly over the surface. If you spread it evenly your wipers will not judder.

They are just a gimmick to me. You might as well use regular wax on the windscreen if they wear off just as quickly as regular wax. Why give away that extra money?

What's your recommendation for the wax? Which product is great?

I tried wax previously, but doesn't help at all.

I applied the Soft99 glaco mirror coat zero on the side mirrors.

It's a film coating on the mirror that repels water. Very effective!

You are NOT to touch this film coating after application else it will be removed.

Neutral Newbie

Currently using Mirror Coat Zero for my side mirrors. Haven't had chance to test it out yet though - the reviews have been quite good.

Previously used Glaco on my side mirrors [noob mistake] so it beads nicely but in heavy rain, visibility on my side mirrors are poor cos the beads don't glide off compared to the windscreens. 

Learnt my lesson there. :D 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1