Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

elmoguy

Anyone can help to give details on how to get aa mirror plus to work with Android auto? My Android phone is not rooted.

Can't work without root as far as I know because I also wanted to do that after my phone warranty expires.

Can't work without root as far as I know because I also wanted to do that after my phone warranty expires.

What I read about is that .. older version Android auto can work with AA mirror plus with developer option tick on the unknown source. After the update, it was blocked .. so wondering if someone managed to work out something to get aa mirror working on non rooted android

What I read about is that .. older version Android auto can work with AA mirror plus with developer option tick on the unknown source. After the update, it was blocked .. so wondering if someone managed to work out something to get aa mirror working on non rooted android

Honestly, I didn't keep track anymore but I know Google started blocking 3rd party addon around AA v2.9/3.0/3.1 through the app and then through Google Play Services. Meaning to say you have to roll back that far including Google Play Service to get it working without rooting and suffer the consequence of bugs so I'm not sure it's worth it unless it's not your primary phone but then again usually non primary phone will not be under warranty so rooting would be easier to get it working.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1