Budget 2016: Budget 2016 to be delivered on Mar 24

RadX

The Budget Statement is being delivered later than usual in conjunction with the

announcement of the new Cabinet.

Hmmmm...hv new PM ah?

POSTED: 07 Dec 2015 12:21

UPDATED: 07 Dec 2015 12:24

heng-swee-keat.jpgFile photo of Minister Heng Swee Keat. (Photo: TODAY/Ernest Chua)

SINGAPORE: Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat will deliver Singapore’s 2016 Budget Statement in Parliament on Mar 24.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong had indicated in September that Budget 2016 would be held later than usual in conjunction with the announcement of the new Cabinet, the Ministry of Finance said in a press release on Monday (Dec 7).

There will be live television and radio coverage of the Budget Statement. A live webcast will also be available on the ministry’s Singapore Budget website.

A mobile app, subscription service and feedback channels will also be launched for the public to access information on the Budget, the ministry said, adding that more information will be provided at a later date.

Yours truly will give the MCf updates as usual.....but no botak this time...dunno how this harry porter

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Probably hike ERP, car park, Petrol tax, hike car tax to fund the medical benefit- to all Singaporean. 

Possible- skill-future funding will be increased.

higher taxation for the super rich.

No change in corporate rate.

levy GST on all online purchase- possible.

Water and electrical tariff to increase for all household.

Cigarette & liquor tax to increase.

• Praise 5

3 more months to go, you super kiasu [laugh]

I'm sure they looking at us

Give some wishes of wat we expect Lo haaaaaa

• Praise 1

Let's see:

GST rise from 7% to 10%

GST rise from 0% to 10% for all online purchases regardless of value.

Petrol duty rise from 64 cents/litre to 67 cents/litre

[laugh]  :XD:

• Praise 1

Next day Good Friday..... better give a solid solid one, else next day need go church to repent.... [lipsrsealed]

who has to repent? minister or peasents?

• Praise 1

Personally, I doubt if a new PM will be appointed come 24/3/16.

Those being touted CCS, TCJ, LW, HSK are not ready yet to step into heavy shoes as they need more exposure. NCM and OYK even worse as they are first term Ministers.

The DPMs Tharman n TCH could step in as they are experienced enough but other than emergencies, I don't see the need for them to do so as it would be short term at best due to their age.

A pity esp for Tharman as he definitely has the makings of a PM.

Either way, think PM Lee will continue and earliest possibility for a change in PM is mid term but more likely near end term where the new PM may call for a GE for endorsement?

• Praise 10

Got a feeling gst might go up...

That would be inconsistent with their pre-election statements so let's see if we do get the government we voted for or not....

http://www.gov.sg/factually/content/is-the-government-planning-to-raise-the-gst-after-the-next-general-elections

Cigi and liquor duties, up 200% .... :a-toast:

Good good. I don't really care about liquor tax because I don't drink but tobacco tax should go up a lot.

I hate it when there are still people smoking in public and contaminating the air with 2nd hand smoke,

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2