Survey: Which is the best (claims) Motor Insurance company

vision3001

Excuse me people, do note that it might be insurer's choice to die die have his car fix at AD that does not compromise with insurance co policy.

If taken the choice to fix at appointed workshop or others of his choice, matter would be much easier to resolve.

The problem lies with AD workshop that does not do 3rd party claim but instead took the convenient route of doing OD which is much easier to handle.

Excuse me people, do note that it might be insurer's choice to die die have his car fix at AD that does not compromise with insurance co policy.

If taken the choice to fix at appointed workshop or others of his choice, matter would be much easier to resolve.

The problem lies with AD workshop that does not do 3rd party claim but instead took the convenient route of doing OD which is much easier to handle.

Hello, not true. I add on premiums in order for car to be repaired at AD cos I have 2 more years of warranty left.

I asked Julie, the officer in charge of budget direct. She said even I do OD claim outside via their authorized workshop. It will be the same case.

Their upper repair limit for my 3 year old car is $5.5k. Beyond which, it's beyond economical repair and they would rather deem it as total lost where she quoted the market value of $50k where $45.5 is my own parf value.

Hamburger, say you have a a few years old car and kena rammed by others. Your AD only does OD claim. Would you go for 3rd party claim outside and risk voiding your remaining 2 years warranty?

Talk is cheap brother. Wait till your encounter your ownseld. Period.

Heng I didnt take budget direct for my renewal. If not I read this case sure bang balls...

That's why... Jialat man.

In future, if you buy insurance with budget direct, dun add on premiums for any workshop.

You pay more but yet insurance company will tell you it's beyond economical repair. No wonder last time my hyundai se told me for komoco, they sell AXA and ntuc car insurance for faster and easier claims.

For komoco hyundai, they only do OD claim. And the komoco guy even told me, this is his first time dealing with budget direct. So can sense that he is not confident.

Insurance company.

I see.

FYI.

I got this under their main Web page.

"Our insurance is underwritten by Auto & General Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Limited (Co. Reg. No. 201626103G), trading as Budget Direct Insurance."

Hello, not true. I add on premiums in order for car to be repaired at AD cos I have 2 more years of warranty left.

I asked Julie, the officer in charge of budget direct. She said even I do OD claim outside via their authorized workshop. It will be the same case.

Their upper repair limit for my 3 year old car is $5.5k. Beyond which, it's beyond economical repair and they would rather deem it as total lost where she quoted the market value of $50k where $45.5 is my own parf value.

Hamburger, say you have a a few years old car and kena rammed by others. Your AD only does OD claim. Would you go for 3rd party claim outside and risk voiding your remaining 2 years warranty?

Talk is cheap brother. Wait till your encounter your ownseld. Period.

That's why... Jialat man.

In future, if you buy insurance with budget direct, dun add on premiums for any workshop.

You pay more but yet insurance company will tell you it's beyond economical repair. No wonder last time my hyundai se told me for komoco, they sell AXA and ntuc car insurance for faster and easier claims.

For komoco hyundai, they only do OD claim. And the komoco guy even told me, this is his first time dealing with budget direct. So can sense that he is not confident.

i give you praise for openly dislike my post to you.

i dont know which part of your AD claim that will be void if you change your bumper or panels. Btw, for me i have done few claims in my decades of driving and i do know what i am talking about. I dont talk cheaply. I talk with sense.

i give you praise for openly dislike my post to you.

i dont know which part of your AD claim that will be void if you change your bumper or panels. Btw, for me i have done few claims in my decades of driving and i do know what i am talking about. I dont talk cheaply. I talk with sense.

The electronics are affected namely remote release, my rear panel light combinations are broken. Rear top portion near passenger side also dented, causing rear combination light to pop out of place and also broken not just bumper itself. Bumper broken, rear reinforcement bar smashed it pieces. Even the spare tyre compartment is dented.

So when outside third party change. I have no idea how Komoco is going to honour..

I shall update when I get the charges which the third party workshop breakdowns how much they are claiming ntuc.

Later end up third party workshop claims $8.5k from ntuc. Then we will know budget direct lor..

Edited by Ivan_06

My whole point is besides AD pricing. But to tell me that $8.5k results in beyond economical repair for a 3 year old car where my annual depreciation is $8.75k.

Budget direct told me the repair limit was only $5.5k. Beyond which it's beyond economical repair, be it AD or authorized workshop. This was what the staff of budget direct told me. Then those cars who need to replacement of crucial parts how..

I totally cannot accept. I dun care about your so called market value.

My car still got 7 years left, not 3 months or even 3 years left.

Edited by Ivan_06

The electronics are affected namely remote release, my rear panel light combinations are broken. Rear top portion near passenger side also dented, causing rear combination light to pop out of place and also broken not just bumper itself. Bumper broken, rear reinforcement bar smashed it pieces. Even the spare tyre compartment is dented.

So when outside third party change. I have no idea how Komoco is going to honour..

I shall update when I get the charges which the third party workshop breakdowns how much they are claiming ntuc.

Later end up third party workshop claims $8.5k from ntuc. Then we will know budget direct lor..

ya. if more than 5.5k then budget direct will be added in addition to NTUC to my boycott list.

Ntuc also bad when it comes to such claims??

long long ago, i was with NTUC and was rear ended by another NTUC insured car. in the end was 50-50. these were the days with no car camera etc. It was raining heavily and there was a huge puddle in the middle lane. my car slowed down due to the puddle and got rear ended. i was too honest in my report as i stated it as such. and NTUC decided to penalize both parties and earn from both.

which is why i swore off everything from NTUC income from now on!

long long ago, i was with NTUC and was rear ended by another NTUC insured car. in the end was 50-50. these were the days with no car camera etc. It was raining heavily and there was a huge puddle in the middle lane. my car slowed down due to the puddle and got rear ended. i was too honest in my report as i stated it as such. and NTUC decided to penalize both parties and earn from both.

which is why i swore off everything from NTUC income from now on!

Slow down due to puddle of water, what's wrong. You got rear ended. It's totally the other driver's fault.

My whole point is besides AD pricing. But to tell me that $8.5k results in beyond economical repair for a 3 year old car where my annual depreciation is $8.75k.

Budget direct told me the repair limit was only $5.5k. Beyond which it's beyond economical repair, be it AD or authorized workshop. This was what the staff of budget direct told me. Then those cars who need to replacement of crucial parts how..

I totally cannot accept. I dun care about your so called market value.

My car still got 7 years left, not 3 months or even 3 years left.

Too bad.

Your body value only worth 5.5k.

It is not their problem.

I see.

FYI.

I got this under their main Web page.

"Our insurance is underwritten by Auto & General Insurance (Singapore) Pte. Limited (Co. Reg. No. 201626103G), trading as Budget Direct Insurance."

Legally, the company is call Auto & ..... It's selling products under Budget direct brand name.

Too bad.

It is not their problem.

Got back my car from third party workshop, nicely repaired with change of parts and etc etc . Total claim against ntuc is close to $6k.

Higher than budget direct. So what does this say?

Edited by Ivan_06

The total claim from ntuc is close to $6k. If I took rental car, it would be more like $6500.

So you can proceed cos my car is repaired swee swee le.

Repair is completed and car is collected.

Edited by Ivan_06

Too bad.

It is not their problem.

So when this happens to you, can you take it?

Heng my car is repaired and collected liao, fully claimed against ntuc that admitted liability. Loss of use for 5 days.

The total claim from ntuc is close to $6k. If I took rental car, it would be more like $6500.

So you can proceed cos my car is repaired swee swee le.

Repair is completed.

ok!  have BLACK LISTED  budget direct. will spread the word to everyone i know.

you should post your story on their facebook.