[Post event] Drive & Collect FREE TCP! Caltex & MCF Giveaway

pChou

poured in TCP before filling up w Caltex ron95 ytd. immediately felt reduced vibration on my steering wheel while stopping vehicle in D. engine also felt a slightly smoother n quieter. not expecting any change in fc.

have been using Caltex ron95 for years; does it mean petrol is insufficient to clean fuel system or was it becos of the grade of petrol I was using?

Internal Moderator

Hi Fuelsaver! Good to know that you have experiencing positive response from the Techron Concentrate Plus! Do help us to write a review @ http://www.sgcarmart...ew.php?ID=10864

I am not a pro on this topic, so don't judge me. I am only sharing what I know. 

RON is actually the petrol octane rating. The higher the rating, the more compression the fuel can withstand. If your car don't use a high performance engine that that require high compression ratios, RON95 is more than enough to run the car. 

These days, all the petrol company will market thier fuel with their in-house additives to attract customers. Caltex have Techron, Shell have FuelSave and V-Power, Esso have Synergy and SPC have LEVO. 

Usually they will have a sufficent amount of additive inside their fuel but it will not have a powerful effect like how Techron Concentrate Plus have. And the name said it all. It's a more concentrated concoction of the Techron so after one fill, you will definitely feel more differences. 

The Techron Concentrate Plus 

√ Cleans Deposits

Left by occasional use of lower quality fuels

√ Restores Lost Power and Performance

In a used or older vehicle with an uncertain fuel history

√ Helps Reduce Emissions and Maximise Fuel Economy

By removing harmful deposits 

Bro, no worries lah. You can continue pump RON95. If you want to pamper your car, just pour TCP into your car every 5000km.   [thumbsup]

poured in TCP before filling up w Caltex ron95 ytd. immediately felt reduced vibration on my steering wheel while stopping vehicle in D. engine also felt a slightly smoother n quieter. not expecting any change in fc.

have been using Caltex ron95 for years; does it mean petrol is insufficient to clean fuel system or was it becos of the grade of petrol I was using?

• Praise 1

I tested this Caltex fuel additive.

Did not really follow the recommended mix ratio. Just dumped everything in when pumping full tank on my GS300.

Any surprisingly, I could feel the effect immediately. 

I could feel my gear changes got smoother (my car 9 yrs old liao). And there was a power surge that kicked in linearly esp during highway cruising. Feeling I got was like though I just serviced my car.  [bounce1]

I don't care about all the engine cleaning effects and stuff, cos I cant see that. But my butt dynamo gives this a thumbs up!  :a-m1212:

Those who got the bottles should go try.  

• Praise 2

Did not really follow the recommended mix ratio. Just dumped everything in when pumping full tank on my GS300.

I could feel my gear changes got smoother (my car 9 yrs old liao). And there was a power surge that kicked in linearly esp during highway cruising. Feeling I got was like though I just serviced my car.  [bounce1]

I don't care about all the engine cleaning effects and stuff, cos I cant see that. But my butt dynamo gives this a thumbs up!  :a-m1212:

Thanks for your feedback! If you have time, please post on http://www.sgcarmart.com/products/product_reviews.php?ID=10864 too, this will benefit more readers.

Samantha Samantha. ...just dumped the whole bottle in and top up. Change was immediate. Smoother pickup and less 'gruffy' sound when revving the engine.

No fuel consumption inputs yet cos just topped up petrol today.

On a separate note, organisers maybe can give another bottle to encourage more reviews to the top 5 reviews on mcfers. : )

• Praise 2

Oops...so paisei . ..just noticed that my autocorrect changed 'sama sama'into Samantha Samantha :wacko:

Now cannot edit liao

[:p][laugh]

Sorry to all the Samanthas out there...

• Praise 1

Unless you driving a racing engine, there's no need for 98. I used 98 on my various car before, FD2R, FD4, Hyundai Avante, Subaru, Evo, Skyline R35 and Toyota Vios 1.5

Summary, no different unless you gonna pedal down to the metal, else it's just burning your pocket instead.

Just checking if anyone had used it with Platinum 98 petrol?

Unless you driving a racing engine, there's no need for 98. I used 98 on my various car before, FD2R, FD4, Hyundai Avante, Subaru, Evo, Skyline R35 and Toyota Vios 1.5

Summary, no different unless you gonna pedal down to the metal, else it's just burning your pocket instead.

Would you pump anything less than 98 for FD2R, Evo and R35? Just curious.

Just checking if anyone had used it with Platinum 98 petrol?

Your intention is to "double" the TCP dosage? Or is there something you are trying to resolve or just want to feel if it would make a bigger difference if the content of TCP is higher?

IIRC, Caltex did mention that if the car has been on their 95 or 98 petrol regularly, the results could be insignificant since the petrol already contain small dosage of the TCP ingredients.

If you open the fuel cap for some, some will indicate minimum RON 95. Driving a VW Jetta now, and the fuel cap indicate minimun Ron 95.

To answer you question,

it's obvious you don't pump anything less.

Can it run on less than 98

Yes

If i rev the engine will it harm the engine.

depends on the correction table and threshold on the ecu, if from 98 or racing fuel 101 105, than you pump RON92 on a empty tank.

GOOD LUCK! (i smell Overhaul)

How about not on a empty tank like half tank.

for example, half tank is 98, and you fill 95 to full tank. they mix to the following formula

50% 98

50% 95

RON 96.5

The ECU can adjust it self.

Let's say, i don't rev the engine, will it harm the engine using RON92 on a racing engine 

depend how heavy your right foot, and engine load. low rev wont harm the engine at all, and ecu is very smart in close loop operation. Whole different story for open-loop, engine karput.

Would you pump anything less than 98 for FD2R, Evo and R35? Just curious.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just went to pump petrol at the station at Tampines Ave 8. Wanted to buy a bottle of TCP to give my car a treat. After searching high and low, could not find any. Not displayed on the shelves. Didn't want to ask the cashiers cos not really a need to buy. If Caltex really interested to promote this TCP, they should display it prominentlyrics at the cashiers counter. ..not those buy 2 get 1 free drinks...or the current discounted coconut water.

Edited by Aukang

(edited)

Just went to pump petrol at the station at Tampines Ave 8. Wanted to buy a bottle of TCP to give my car a treat. After searching high and low, could not find any. Not displayed on the shelves. Didn't want to ask the cashiers cos not really a need to buy. If Caltex really interested to promote this TCP, they should display it prominentlyrics at the cashiers counter. ..not those buy 2 get 1 free drinks...or the current discounted coconut water.

Usually its just placed near the cashier and occasionally they are out of stock. Went to the station at Upper Thomson and they ran out but I got it from KL the following week instead (cheaper too).

Edited by Naimed
↡ Advertisement