Skoda Superb Combi 2016 model - nice!

Echelon

u attached wrong link?

Too bad I didn't manage to get Superb during the Black Fri sale on ~2009 at only ~100k. Now no more AD. Regret for life

Skoda Superb Combi 2016 model - nice! I owned the 2003 generation model. Amazing drive and lovely big sized interior, this new model is awesome looking! 

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700965-sharing-leak-lobang-groceries-10-off-free-delivery/

• Praise 1

u attached wrong link?

Too bad I didn't manage to get Superb during the Black Fri sale on ~2009 at only ~100k. Now no more AD. Regret for life

you are not alone. I was eyeing the combi but wanted a manual but no go.

the 7spd dsg is no-no for me, mayb if commit already now also regret.

• Praise 1

u attached wrong link?

Why you did not go for it in 2009? Hope that a new AD can be appointed soon. Heard Skoda has approached Trans Eurokars group sometime back to offer dealership to them...

A very good car I would say, especially the 2.0 TSI model with 6 speed DSG. 

• Praise 3

Hard to find peeps who appreciate wagon here...

Like the new design too, but the modern drive train is that infamous 7-dsg?

I am one that prefer wagon for practical reason, as well as the full glass roof. Sedan model only has the usual sun roof.

1.8L and below 7 speed DSG. 2.0L 6 speed DSG.

BTW, there are 2 version of the later engine, one producing 220 horse the other higher spec version dish out 280 horse!

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 3

Saw this in carbuyer review. Amazing car. No other cars can come close to this in term of space, value, design and functionality

I hope Another AD appointed soon. Would love to see this in our road. If this car is branded as vw, i am sure it would be a big hit

Saw this in carbuyer review. Amazing car. No other cars can come close to this in term of space, value, design and functionality

I hope Another AD appointed soon. Would love to see this in our road. If this car is branded as vw, i am sure it would be a big hit

I wouldn't say it will be a big hit, given that Skoda brand is still not well received in Singapore, and coupled with 2 incident of AD close shop after a few years, need time to build up buyer confident.

But definately a value for money choice vs VW.

• Praise 3

I wouldn't say it will be a big hit, given that Skoda brand is still not well received in Singapore, and coupled with 2 incident of AD close shop after a few years, need time to build up buyer confident.

But definately a value for money choice vs VW.

I said if this car is branded as vw lol

If under skoda, it will not sell well.

• Praise 1

My bad, see wrongly. [:p] 

But if branded as VW, I am pretty sure the AD would price it closer to Audi liao... The sad truth

• Praise 4

because when I ask them how much can I get from my trade in 3 years old car, they offer me only few k over paper value. SE advise me to sell outside as they do not have their own 2nd hand dealer shop.

So in the end, I decided to wait as they new Mondeo ecoboost is coming out for comparison. Then all of a sudden, COE shoot sky-high.

Why you did not go for it in 2009? Hope that a new AD can be appointed soon. Heard Skoda has approached Trans Eurokars group sometime back to offer dealership to them...

A very good car I would say, especially the 2.0 TSI model with 6 speed DSG. 

only happen in here. other countries rank Superb very well. One of the best in reliability conti car among it's conti peer.

only happen in here. other countries rank Superb very well. One of the best in reliability conti car among it's conti peer.

With 2 Skoda AD closing shop just a few years apart, local buyer have the perception that Skoda is not selling well, and maybe not good too. It is damn reliable. I have been driving my 2.0TSI sedan for 3 years 2 months and >110K km, *touch wood*, so far so good. Average FC over the period is 12.8Km/L, on par, if not better than other 2.0L Japanese makes. [flowerface]

• Praise 3

interesting to see that there was a Skoda lover group here..

wasn't much active in forum and didn't notice this portion..

hope to have more time and stay active in this group as was looking for a Wagon too...

• Praise 1

(edited)

I once owned a Skoda Octavia MK1 for a couple of years and I really loved it. Solid like a tank and reliable as can be. From then on i was sold onto the the Skoda badge. Despite the usual 'China Car' references, i wasn't too bothered about it.

I was looking for the a replacement in the form of a Superb Estate, preferable Diesel. 9 months ago, i decided on the path of self importing one via a PI. Unfortunately, just before i confirmed the purchase, the VW Diesel Gate issue happened just happened and the hassle of it was too much on the extra importation paperwork(Manufacturer's Guarantee on Emissions, NOX, NEA's acceptance of readings, "OTHERS TBC"). I was put off by it and got a Diesel from anther make.

If you're intent on a self importing a Skoda, maintenance/repairs wise its relatively easy(VW underpinnings) and costs are slightly higher(I do via part stockist). Warranty is handled by a reputable 3rd party workshop. Only upon an accident which requires specific body panels/plastics etc, then the wait is longer(up to a few weeks). The real bite is if you decide to resell it.

FYI, last time i worked out the sums based on a 1.6TDI DSG SE-Business Combi with my selected options, worked out to be all in 75k(10k CEVS rebate) less COE. Not cheap at a glance but with the option list, a similar one from other makes would easily be much more.

Side note: Now with the Greenline III SALOON version, it attracts a whooping 30k CEVS rebate. As long as you dont mind a Manual Tranny. Imagine a Skoda Superb III @ $100k(COE Inc). The Kodiak(upcoming) looks even more attactive as a SkodaQ7...

Edited by jusleo
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

The new superb actually looks quite gd, packed with features.. too bad no AD to bring it in..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1