Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

1. Grip, for sure. My son also felt the diff. Especially curves n sharper corners.

2. Quieter. All felt so.

1. n 2. above r subjective, and compared new A3 with A2 after ~40k (2'll front, 4MMS rear).

Rim protection is not so obvious on A3.(v A2 which protruded more.)

So far after ~3k fuel consumption seems to average a bit higher too. Too many variables to draw conclusions.

BTW, driving VW Jetta, twin-charged.

Longer term, who knows?

Like them enough.. if 235/45/18 is available at decent price, I will swap on K5 too.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement

Any good shop to recommend for GY Eagle F1 A3?

Especially those that takes in reasonably used tires for further discounts?

Wow I paid $300 for Michelin PSS for the same size. Now I feel like a sucker because many reviews are saying the F3 is better. [furious]

It's ok la, PSS thread wear is 400. Cost per Km is comparable. Plus, I think michelins win Goodyear vs a vis PSS/PS4 vs A3.

But that's just my opinion!

Any good shop to recommend for GY Eagle F1 A3?

Especially those that takes in reasonably used tires for further discounts?

I just had these tyres installed at LS Tyres Paya Ubi this morning.

225/40/18 $195

Agent Stock

Made in Germany.

imho the tyres are so quiet compared to PS3. 

ps. I tried to trade in my PS3 tyres but they rejected them as they were worn out (less than 15k).

• Praise 1

Just got my hands on this tire (225/45/18) for 230 nett. Didn't even have to bargain or ask for a discount. Lesson here is to call up a few tire places that bring in a particular brand you are looking for. Oh and make sure the person tells you the nett price instead of quoting without adding in the GST. That's just messed up.

Turbocharged

Just got my hands on this tire (225/45/18) for 230 nett. Didn't even have to bargain or ask for a discount. Lesson here is to call up a few tire places that bring in a particular brand you are looking for. Oh and make sure the person tells you the nett price instead of quoting without adding in the GST. That's just messed up.

What are the other tire shops' prices for this size?

Seems to be a rather odd size due to the 45 profile.

• Praise 1

What are the other tire shops' prices for this size?

Seems to be a rather odd size due to the 45 profile.

One place charges 235 before including the 7% GST

Kim Hoe charges 250 nett

Arrow Tyres had it for 230 nett

It's more or less within this range. Not willing to spend more than 250 on Slovakia made tires.

Yeah very few places have this size. Something to note, these tires feel nothing like Michelin PSS on the dry. They are better than PSS in the wet but that's about it. Strangely these tires seem to have a sidewall that isn't as flat as the PSS for the 45 profile. The drive so far seems to be more for comfort rather than performance.

I was quoted 210 for 235/40/18 but I don't want wider tires.

(edited)

My review after clocking about 600km with the tires.

They drive like shit.These tires are only good in the rain but other than that they suck on the dry. Cornering now relies on how big your balls are when the tires don't give good feedback to the driver. These tires are worth at most 100 bucks per side. Well, that's the kinda price you pay for cheap Nexens which could probably perform better than this shitty tire. The people at goodyear seem to think that their tire has been put through enough tests to be considered good. Sadly it doesn't mean anything in real world driving conditions. My biggest regret is thinking I could save some cash on tires by these instead of Michelin PSS. 

If you're too lazy to read the chunk of text, here's the short version.

THESE TIRES SUCK! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING THEM!

Edited by Fastfive1
  • Praise 4

Put it this way. It's like you being used to meeting hot girls off tinder who look like who they are in their profile pic and then you meet a girl who looks nothing like the person in their profile pic, you confirm will get pissed off and make noise right? Like that lor. Goodyear's advertisements will f**king mislead you into thinking you are getting a good tire. 

Wah Heng I never get this GY F1A3... Was thinking of changing this after wearing out csc5 and csc6 not available for 18"... And finally decides to stick back to csc5..

This F1A3 really that bad ah?

• Praise 1

Wah Heng I never get this GY F1A3... Was thinking of changing this after wearing out csc5 and csc6 not available for 18"... And finally decides to stick back to csc5..

This F1A3 really that bad ah?

You can try the Goodyear A3 for yourself but don't blame me if you waste money. It seems that people who don't expect much out of the tire are okay with it. It has a weird problem which is the super weak sidewall. Sure you can't have the best of everything but something as crucial as the sidewall was clearly ignored. Unless you are going to be travelling in the rain almost 70% of the time, these tires are not worth getting. Besides there are other tires which provide decent dry and wet performance. So don't be fooled by the cheap pricing relative to Continental or Michelin. There is always a reason why things are cheaper.

Again, it greatly depends on what kind of expectations you have. Maybe for someone who has been on westlake tires most of his life and suddenly switches to goodyear might feel a vast difference in quality. But if you have been used to Michelin and Continental, then you will be disappointed. 

You can try the Goodyear A3 for yourself but don't blame me if you waste money. It seems that people who don't expect much out of the tire are okay with it. It has a weird problem which is the super weak sidewall. Sure you can't have the best of everything but something as crucial as the sidewall was clearly ignored. Unless you are going to be travelling in the rain almost 70% of the time, these tires are not worth getting. Besides there are other tires which provide decent dry and wet performance. So don't be fooled by the cheap pricing relative to Continental or Michelin. There is always a reason why things are cheaper.

Again, it greatly depends on what kind of expectations you have. Maybe for someone who has been on westlake tires most of his life and suddenly switches to goodyear might feel a vast difference in quality. But if you have been used to Michelin and Continental, then you will be disappointed. 

Did you check and try adjusting the tire pressure?  This can affect the sidewall stiffness and response

(edited)

So bad ah?   i have Assy 2s think they quite good le,  No sidewall crack issue on mine, previously i kenna the sidewall issue on Assy 1

Edited by Mockngbrd

So bad ah?   i have Assy 2s think they quite good le,  No sidewall crack issue on mine, previously i kenna the sidewall issue on Assy 1

Yup. Strangely, Asymmetric 2 has a stiffer sidewall. Not sure if it drives better but go to a tire shop and see for yourself.

Did you check and try adjusting the tire pressure?  This can affect the sidewall stiffness and response

I've confirmed it. The A3s have a really shitty sidewall compared to the A2s.

Turbocharged

Yup. Strangely, Asymmetric 2 has a stiffer sidewall. Not sure if it drives better but go to a tire shop and see for yourself.

I've confirmed it. The A3s have a really shitty sidewall compared to the A2s.

so, given a choice, go with A2 is better ?

↡ Advertisement