Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

I know GY ASYM 3 is still very new on the market but I would appreciate if anyone experienced the infamous sidewall cracking, like many experienced in the A1 and A2.  Maybe not now but later on.

My BIL just bought A3(told him to get PS4) and then I told him my story with A1 last time. -_-

↡ Advertisement

4th Gear

I believe they resolved the issue in the A2. Personally I ran A2 before, although for around 30k. No sidewall cracks. My friend on A2, drove around 20k also no such issue.

I know GY ASYM 3 is still very new on the market but I would appreciate if anyone experienced the infamous sidewall cracking, like many experienced in the A1 and A2.  Maybe not now but later on.

My BIL just bought A3(told him to get PS4) and then I told him my story with A1 last time. -_-

I believe they resolved the issue in the A2. Personally I ran A2 before, although for around 30k. No sidewall cracks. My friend on A2, drove around 20k also no such issue.

Strangely I find the A2s better than the A3s. Anyway once I can get my hands on a set of Michelins cheap, I will probably toss these goodyear tires into the trash. Or better yet, throw them outside the goodyear office with the words "f**k you" on them.

Turbocharged

Strangely I find the A2s better than the A3s. Anyway once I can get my hands on a set of Michelins cheap, I will probably toss these goodyear tires into the trash. Or better yet, throw them outside the goodyear office with the words "f**k you" on them.

Bro,

You've pretty much made your opinion known on the F1A3 in this thread, perhaps you could consider toning down your rhetoric.

No tire or any product can suit 100% of all consumers.

F1A2 is a successful product, and Goodyear tried to come up, in its opinion, a better product.

If it didn't suit your needs, just change out, there are plenty of other choices available.

• Praise 7

Was on A2, 40k+ km, no problem at all.

On A3 now ~1200 km, no problem so far, happy that I went for it. 225/40/18.

Certainly does what I need for tyres to do for my kind of driving..

Wide range.. safe daily routines (n wondering why some others don't think about safety), quicker when roads are clear, and sometimes quicker at curves & corners just for shiok's when I have road to myself.

:)

i was considering between F1A3 and PS4. Both are very new tyres on the market not much reviews and tyre test. 

My concern is wet weather and aqua planing. I ditched my pirellis p zero on them after feeling insecure when wet. 

PS4 was superb. Prev used A1 before and PS4 is by far the best tyres I have used. Much better then PS3 in the wet and dry. 

PSS hard to find in my size of 225/45/17.

Based on EU labels..

GY F1A3 was Wet A, Fuel E, dB 68. 

PS4 Wet A, Fuel C. dB 71

P Zero Wet B Fuel E db72. 

I went to a shop that has both A3 and PS4. I felt that PS4 sidewalls slightly firmer. P Zero was very firm. 

Was tempted by f1a3 low noise level but went with PS4 since most of my friends told me to go for Michelins. 

f1a3 was slightly cheaper than ps4 but both were way cheaper than PSS.

just my 2 cents

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

i was considering between F1A3 and PS4. Both are very new tyres on the market not much reviews and tyre test.

My concern is wet weather and aqua planing. I ditched my pirellis p zero on them after feeling insecure when wet.

PS4 was superb. Prev used A1 before and PS4 is by far the best tyres I have used. Much better then PS3 in the wet and dry.

PSS hard to find in my size of 225/45/17.

Based on EU labels..

GY F1A3 was Wet A, Fuel E, dB 68.

PS4 Wet A, Fuel C. dB 71

P Zero Wet B Fuel E db72.

I went to a shop that has both A3 and PS4. I felt that PS4 sidewalls slightly firmer. P Zero was very firm.

Was tempted by f1a3 low noise level but went with PS4 since most of my friends told me to go for Michelins.

f1a3 was slightly cheaper than ps4 but both were way cheaper than PSS.

just my 2 cents

Thanks for your summary and review.

I am surprised to see that PS4 is noisier than F1A3.

(edited)

I was on Goodyear F1 Eagle Asy 1 and 2, No issues with the tyres. Review from my friend who is Asy 3, his FC got better. My next one will be Asy 3, without doubt.  [:)] 

Edited by SkyDevils
  • Praise 1

was choosing between GY A3 and PS4.

but finally decided to go with PS4 for michellins reputation although it cost slightly higher than GY.

never try GY tires so can't make any comments.

Oops, it's ~4200km..

Still awaiting 235/45/18..

same size as me. currently on AY2 at about 23K. In another year's time, hope this size will be available. any indicative cost?

Was looking for a value tyre so just changed to A3 - $160 each for 215/45/17. I don't travel to

NS highway so this tyre suitable for local driving.

Just an update

The goodyears screech when pushed to the limit. Well most tires do. The PSS definitely squeals, however you still feel secure with the PSS even when it squeals. In fact it gives you early warning to back off the throttle so you don't lose control of the car. In contrast, the Goodyears do not give you sufficient feedback to know what's going on and you tend to feel disconnected with the car. The screech from the goodyear tires when pushed to the limit is softer and you're pretty much out of traction by then. You need to listen carefully to figure out when the tires are at its limit because the feedback from the steering is very vague. Be prepared to turn a corner 10km/h slower on these goodyears. 

• Praise 1

Just installed these on Saturday. Though still new, these tyres are exceptionally quite. I am on 235/35 R19. I have worn Bridgestones S001, Yokohama and even went on budget with Nexen and Apollo Aspire, so, I kinda have been on both ends of the spectrum when it comes to tyres, and all I can say is so far so good. Dry and wet grip is very good for normal driving, will push it a bit harder and report back. Cheers guys, have a good one.

• Praise 1