Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Divers

you are correct

but not the Dollars [thumbsup]

Agree fully.  Overpriced in our part of the world.  Think because we have fewer cars here so smaller market.  Garmen should increase COE supply.

(edited)

Beng, which one better for your F10, PSS, PS4, F1A3 or CSC5?

U think I work for TayarRack is it.

CSC5P I ve used b4 on size 235/35/19, "good" soft compound tyre to me and was better than Michelin PS2 previously when driven hard.  But wear rate is poor, loot to KL n back, then check rear tayar can see significantly thinner after that.  But drive wise it was good.  That's why I am a bit excited about CSC6.

PS4 never tried, but PS3 yes on size 205/55/16.  Seems a bit noisy but quite good grip n feel.  Michelin always makes good tayars.

Asym3 no hab try, maybe try once in future when the current PSS botak.  PSS is really good. but the price is not so good leh, unless got minister salary.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 1

U think I work for TayarRack is it.

CSC5P I ve used b4 on size 235/35/19, "good" soft compound tyre to me and was better than Michelin PS2 previously when driven hard.  But wear rate is poor, loot to KL n back, then check rear tayar can see significantly thinner after that.  But drive wise it was good.  That's why I am a bit excited about CSC6.

PS4 never tried, but PS3 yes on size 205/55/16.  Seems a bit noisy but quite good grip n feel.  Michelin always makes good tayars.

Asym3 no hab try, maybe try once in future when the current PSS botak.  PSS is really good. but the price is not so good leh, unless got minister salary.

thank you for sharing your experience

do remember comparing tires from car to car is not a good indication

Anyway, I am contemplating trying Asym-3 in 6 months tum when the current PSS should be near its end.  However, am a little skeptical about Asym-3 performance.  Marketing  is marketing, I know all their tricks but real life performance don't lie.  Recently took a trip up to KL/Melaka again.  Using 245/45/18 Michelin PSS and with a fully loaded car and luggages.  Its RWD and tyres are pumped up to 260kpa in front and 310 kpa at the rear.  Weather was a mix of sunny n rainy.  Usually I am a good boy in Singapore but drives like chao ahbeng whenever I go up north even challenging fellow Malaysia bengs who try to pray pray with me.  I have to say that when driven hard the current Michelin PSS is really really good.  All my passengers can teedo when I was hitting between 150 to 190kmh on the highway, over taking at times, left n right.  After the trip which is more than 600 km, did a visual check on the tyre condition and wear is very minimal.  So the question is...can the ASYM-3 do that, or is it just an over hyped tyre like some said, good for guai guai driving but cant live up to its claims in real life.

Has anyone whacked their ASYM-3 hard? As in really hard.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Anyway, I am contemplating trying Asym-3 in 6 months tum when the current PSS should be near its end.  However, am a little skeptical about Asym-3 performance.  Marketing  is marketing, I know all their tricks but real life performance don't lie.  Recently took a trip up to KL/Melaka again.  Using 245/45/18 Michelin PSS and with a fully loaded car and luggages.  Its RWD and tyres are pumped up to 260kpa in front and 310 kpa at the rear.  Weather was a mix of sunny n rainy.  Usually I am a good boy in Singapore but drives like chao ahbeng whenever I go up north even challenging fellow Malaysia bengs who try to pray pray with me.  I have to say that when driven hard the current Michelin PSS is really really good.  All my passengers can teedo when I was hitting between 150 to 190kmh on the highway, over taking at times, left n right.  After the trip which is more than 600 km, did a visual check on the tyre condition and wear is very minimal.  So the question is...can the ASYM-3 do that, or is it just an over hyped tyre like some said, good for guai guai driving but cant live up to its claims in real life.

Has anyone whacked their ASYM-3 hard? As in really hard.

Once you have used Michelin PSS, you will be severely disappointed by the A3. Anyway your tire size shouldn't be too expensive for the PSS. Even if you get the A3, your savings won't be significant enough to warrant the significant drop in performance. It's like once you've had great sex, everything else pales in comparison.

One thing for sure is that your passengers will probably sleep more soundly with the A3s. They are comfort tires marketed as performance tires. You cannot drive the car like how you would usually do with the PSS. In an attempt to run in those goodyears faster, I've done about 200kmh a few times on the A3s but that still didn't wear the tires in enough to get the grip. The A3s lack the grip on dry. If you push it hard through some corners, you need to have a super sharp ear to hear the tire squeal because it squeals so softly but you're pretty much almost out of traction then. You need to be aware that these tires don't have the grip that the PSS has when it is brand new and you drive your car out of the tire shop. I'm sure when you first drove on your new PSS tires, you noticed how grippy it was picking up almost every bit of dirt on the road. In fact you probably didn't have to run it in before the grip came. In contrast, the A3s doesn't grip instantly, it still doesn't grip well now. 

In short, please don't trade your piece of heaven for a lifetime(probably 2 years for me) of hell and the desire to burn down the Goodyear Headquarters. Hahaha!

• Praise 1

Once you have used Michelin PSS, you will be severely disappointed by the A3. Anyway your tire size shouldn't be too expensive for the PSS. Even if you get the A3, your savings won't be significant enough to warrant the significant drop in performance. It's like once you've had great sex, everything else pales in comparison.

One thing for sure is that your passengers will probably sleep more soundly with the A3s. They are comfort tires marketed as performance tires. You cannot drive the car like how you would usually do with the PSS. In an attempt to run in those goodyears faster, I've done about 200kmh a few times on the A3s but that still didn't wear the tires in enough to get the grip. The A3s lack the grip on dry. If you push it hard through some corners, you need to have a super sharp ear to hear the tire squeal because it squeals so softly but you're pretty much almost out of traction then. You need to be aware that these tires don't have the grip that the PSS has when it is brand new and you drive your car out of the tire shop. I'm sure when you first drove on your new PSS tires, you noticed how grippy it was picking up almost every bit of dirt on the road. In fact you probably didn't have to run it in before the grip came. In contrast, the A3s doesn't grip instantly, it still doesn't grip well now. 

In short, please don't trade your piece of heaven for a lifetime(probably 2 years for me) of hell and the desire to burn down the Goodyear Headquarters. Hahaha!

That is true, the PSS were gripping the moment the were mounted on the car on day-1.  Ok looks like Asym-3 may not make the cut.

Neutral Newbie

The AS3 have only been out since mid-december, and only in about 5 sizes (with more coming out every month throughout 2016). The few reviews i found said that they held up just as well, if not better than AS2, and they were a bit quiter. They did well in testing, too.

I've just ordered 4 from my-tyres at £79 each (18") with free delivery.

The AS3 have only been out since mid-december, and only in about 5 sizes (with more coming out every month throughout 2016). The few reviews i found said that they held up just as well, if not better than AS2, and they were a bit quiter. They did well in testing, too.

Berzunger, u ordered online from overseas with free delivery to Singapore?

Or local in Sgp?

What size?

Hi there, you get free shipping of tyres to Singapore?

That is true, the PSS were gripping the moment the were mounted on the car on day-1.  Ok looks like Asym-3 may not make the cut.

It definitely won't make the cut. I am surprised they managed to market a tire like that. This is something I would expect out of a china company instead of goodyear. Oh well once thing for sure is that Michelin tires usually don't disappoint.

Good luck man. It's more like the AS3s are just as bad if not worse than the AS2s. Try driving it in real life and you will probably be disappointed if you're used to performance tires like the PSS or AD08R. Have fun with them. Don't push them too hard or you might end up in a nasty ditch.

It definitely won't make the cut. I am surprised they managed to market a tire like that. This is something I would expect out of a china company instead of goodyear. Oh well once thing for sure is that Michelin tires usually don't disappoint.

Good luck man. It's more like the AS3s are just as bad if not worse than the AS2s. Try driving it in real life and you will probably be disappointed if you're used to performance tires like the PSS or AD08R. Have fun with them. Don't push them too hard or you might end up in a nasty ditch.

Bro have you changed out the AS3 since you really dislike it? And since you really dislike it.. And wanna ditch it, If going to change out anytime soon, can give me the tyres so I can do a review on this set of tyre as well? Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 1

Bro have you changed out the AS3 since you really dislike it? And since you really dislike it.. And wanna ditch it, If going to change out anytime soon, can give me the tyres so I can do a review on this set of tyre as well?

Nope. I intend trash the hell out of these tires to get my money's worth.  I was initially thinking of driving the car normally but I thought why not bring it on 200kmh drives up north since I'm gonna be stuck with these tires. Kinda like what some guys do when they get sick of their current GF. They go find other girls and once they find a suitable replacement, they ditch their current GF.

I know people are sick of hearing me go on about how shitty these tires are but I'm just raising awareness so that people don't fall into the trap of getting these tires based on the clever marketing that Goodyear has done. Based on price alone these tires do provide some value for money. C'mon AA traction rating at the price of an A traction rating tire. How to find? But this is how Goodyear gets you. Isn't that what VW did to get people to buy their cars? Come to think of it, maybe that's what Goodyear is doing.

Edited by Fastfive1
  • Praise 1

Bro, u have been complaining badly about AS3. In your previous post, u mentioned AS2 is good. Now u say AS2 is as crappy.

I had personnally used yoko V103, AS1/AS2 then swap to PSS and back to AS2 before AS3 was launch.

Reason is very simple. AS2 is on par with PSS in terms of performance. Yet last longer with better pricing and the fact is that the grip last till the very last bit of thread left. As for PSS, if u accidentally knock into anything, good luck, the tyre walls are real soft and can get punctured easily.

Btw, i tried all these tyres with the same car, same setup with BC BR coilover. It' s up to u to believe my comments.

I drives a rear wheel drive car with >200hp and i drive it hard, corners hard and i drive fast in NS highway up to 240kmh before. I had friends with S14 asking me why i can accerlerate so fast while taking those corners n bends. I took big bends on NS highways at speed of 200kmh with these tyres with few of my friends driving Rex trying hard to do the same thing. All on dry weather, wet is too dangerous to do anything fast.

I am not trying to brag at how fast i drive. I am a safe driver most of the time. I just want to make a point to say my piece, saying from true view point.

As yoyrself, which brand and model's tyre had been sold out till no stock no size. The market, the users are not blind n stupid. Try looking for goodyear F1 A2 tyres in the market now. Lots of sizes are sold out n no stock. Not because it's end of life, just because good products sells by itself. My size is 245/35/19 and 275/30/19. Upsize brembo brakes front n rear for safety reason.

I've said my piece, forum is a place for all to share honest reviews and not be bias to benefits all other forumers..

Happy weekend..

Edited by Qaz20
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3