1 or 2 years old Merc C180 (W204)

Yaloryalor

Any bro can advise the reliability, FC, maintenance cost,..etc for this car?

I test drove once about 1 year ago, quite like it. However the rear seats is quite small for 3 adults.

The selling price for 2 years old C180 is about $140K ++ which is about the same as new Camry (lower depreciation and much bigger rear legroom).

↡ Advertisement

The selling price for a one year old W205 is 168K so for a two year old it should be about 150K.

Difference of 10k between 2 year old W204 or W205 when it is avail. No need to think. Wait for the W205 instead. It is a heaven and earth difference.

• Praise 1

My current car left one year. When W205 available in 2nd hand market, sure many ppl will grab. The price may not come down.

Unless a big drop like 20K in the Coe then 2nd hand car market will then have bigger impact to reduce prices.

Actually my assumption of selling price for a two year old W205 is pretty realistic.

Right now, a year old ride is asking for 170K. Depreciation is about 16-17K for a C180 W205 so a two year old should be calling about 150K thereabouts. Even if COE maintains.

• Praise 1

For RWD cars, usually back seat is comfortable for 2 adults only.

W204's FC and reliability should be pretty OK, not heard of any major issues.

If you need to fetch 3 adults around quite often, then its the Camry.

Otherwise, prices of W204 have come down a bit and some are now closer to $15k+ depre/year. For 2yo W204 (assuming reasonable mileage), I would not pay above $140k.

Just my views [:)]

• Praise 1

I test drove once about 1 year ago, quite like it. However the rear seats is quite small for 3 adults.

The selling price for 2 years old C180 is about $140K ++ which is about the same as new Camry (lower depreciation and much bigger rear legroom).

at this price tag new Camry more value for money, unless you need to keep up you appearances :grin:

at this price tag new Camry more value for money, unless you need to keep up you appearances :grin:

New camry got new 6 speed gearbox and new look. Very tempted also. hahaha...

own an 09 w204, maintenance wise after the warranty and going to workshop other than C&C will save you a fair bit, just engine oil and oil filter will not cost more than 300 dollars, "major" is around 700 dollars if you buy own parts. reasonable if you ask me. As for my car so far so good (140km), except for the wear and tear parts which is normal I guess. There might be some expensive repair if you are unlucky but they are not common.

• Praise 1

depends on whether you value quality & reliability or the badge.

but then again, even with the badge, people also see C180 no up, so don't waste your money, haha.

haha. agree.

the merc should be as reliable but i think is way too tiny. like cha boh chia. i read that the new one upcoming is bigger.

300$ just for engine oil and oil filter from outside ws? how much eo it needs? 

own an 09 w204, maintenance wise after the warranty and going to workshop other than C&C will save you a fair bit, just engine oil and oil filter will not cost more than 300 dollars, "major" is around 700 dollars if you buy own parts. reasonable if you ask me. As for my car so far so good (140km), except for the wear and tear parts which is normal I guess. There might be some expensive repair if you are unlucky but they are not common.

depends on whether you value quality & reliability or the badge.

but then again, even with the badge, people also see C180 no up, so don't waste your money, haha.

Bro, 一山还有一山高. Dun have to mind what ppl see C180 no up. Nowadays car so expensive cannot be like last time change every 3 or 5 years so the reliability is imp to me.

mine also need around 6.4L but I get my own oil which is around 110 and pay work shop for labour all work out to less than 200

Cycle uses 6.1L to be exact.

I have a w204, c180 UK spec, and finding it a pretty good drive. Being a Merc, it sure is comfortable and effortless to drive. Although being a 1.8L and turbo, it is with a heavy chasis, therefore performance isn't really something to look for. 

Comparing a Mercedes & a Toyota, I will always go for contis as the ride quality through the years will remain nice and tight. I'm speaking from owning, modding & driven the new & old contis (merc/bimmer) & japanese cars over the years. Japanese enthusiasts may not agree totally and I have nothing against them, just from my own experience. Cheers!

My good buddy owned a Y2007 C180, ( Sport model ) the wear and tear was frequent than ever, if not for engine mounting, shock absorber, or simple tyre rotation, need to do alinement and high speed test, small parts like door rubber gasket mounting becomes loosen and need replacement or else one has to bear with the noise.

The ride can be compromised with minor squirk every now and then with simple monthly maintenance, however i must admit the parts do not cost a bomb, she always go to third party to buy parts and to the regular w/s to instal.

If its 1/2 year old model, i do not see any major issues, after all, it is cover by warranty .

Tks guys!

With the Coe expected to drop, resale car prices may not drop so immieditely. Due to previously owners bought at high Coe price wont sell low and 2nd hand dealer may bought at high price won't want to sell low even new car prices are low.

↡ Advertisement