Dealers and Consumers-The continuing SAGA Part III

The_Bear

We can continue the debate here. Maybe it will help bridge the understanding between dealers and consumers.

Please keep the discussion civilized and mature. Danke.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Like the Car

- happy with price

- happy with terms ______ Buy

Like the Car

- happy with price

- not happy with terms ___ Don't Buy

Like the Car

- not happy with price

- happy with terms       ___ Don't Buy

Like the Car

- not happy with price

- not happy with terms ___ Don't Buy

Savvy ? [;)]

• Praise 8

Dealer - attempt to extract maximum profit from consumer

Consumer - attempt to pay the least possible

No one is going to like the other.

Maybe somewhere they can meet in the middle.

So don't expect anything more.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 4

Hahah.. need to discuss meh?

There are good dealers and bad dealers.

There are good customers and bad customers.

End of Discussion.

Aside from stating the obvious, your posting do not bring much information. If you feel there is nothing to be discussed, you are free to leave this thread.

at this time and age.. with so much internet shopping/purchases...  

many sellers are realizing the monetary benefits of selling directly

the ''value add'' provided by dealers is getting minimal with their profit margin getting larger

heard reasons such as ''provide for lemon law expenses'', demand for shorter term cars higher etc etc 

idk la... my mind juz cannot get ard why new car depreciation is lesser than used cars...  and if this is not benefiting from MAS ruling... 

I agree that both consumers and dealers have different perspectives and both, at the their own end, would strife at their own best, to extract the maximum benefits out of the other party. Dealers wants to make a handsome profit out of a deal while consumers wants to have the car plus lots and lots of accessories and add-ons at the lowest possible price. In economics, this is call the demand and supply theory. Where demand meets supply, the equilibrium price is derived. Consumers are the demand, Dealers the supply. Which party is more desperate at the end of the day determines how much room the other party has in control over the final transacted price. I would think that both dealers and buyers need to exercise their own due diligence to ensure the deal is a smooth one without disputes.

We can continue the debate here. Maybe it will help bridge the understanding between dealers and consumers.

Please keep the discussion civilized and mature. Danke.

Edited topic title in line with the current Force Awakening!

AS it is, we have the DArk side here versus the chee....i...i mean JEdi...

What is the reputation for TTS Eurcars?

I read that there are some negative comments years ago.

But what about now? I would think they are good as they are the AD for fiat.

What is the reputation for TTS Eurcars?

I read that there are some negative comments years ago.

But what about now? I would think they are good as they are the AD for fiat.

my experience with TTS was good many years back.

at this time and age.. with so much internet shopping/purchases...  

many sellers are realizing the monetary benefits of selling directly

the ''value add'' provided by dealers is getting minimal with their profit margin getting larger

heard reasons such as ''provide for lemon law expenses'', demand for shorter term cars higher etc etc 

idk la... my mind juz cannot get ard why new car depreciation is lesser than used cars...  and if this is not benefiting from MAS ruling... 

but sadly.. most private sellers also have unrealistic price especially when the lemon law does not cover the buyer in this case.

I think this is not about dealers or consumers only, it also involve direct sellers

It is a 3-way relationship: -

Seller ---> Dealer ---> Buyer

If as consumers we want to cut away the dealers: -

Seller ---> Buyer

It is easy to do so however again for the "convenience" of paperwork some seller prefer dealer. The situation were made complicated because there is another party involved: -

Seller ---> Consignment ---> Buyer

Dealers are unscrupulous when they tried to: -

1. Pretend they are direct sellers (intention unknown but common consumers' speculation will be car got problem don't want to cover under lemon law)

2. Ask for admin fee to do paperworks like bank loan, LTA transfer etc (I had done LTA transfer only takes 5mins excluding queue time, bank loan is easy when I don't have bad credit)

3. Intentionally reject consumers' request to send vehicle for inspection

Consumers are unreasonable when they tried to: -

1. Ask for the moon when the car is pre-owned, expecting car to be like new

2. Pretend to understand car maintenance, e.g. what parts are considered wear and tear

3. Pretend buying car but only there to have a free test drive

And I shall end with one last thing, "Everyone has a choice, anyone can just walk away".

buyer assured of  lemon law before purchase by dealer.

once bought and the lemon becomes squeezed dry, no more lemon juice.

of course, not all dealers are like that.

the one i bought from honoured this with a big ticket fault and repaired it with no fuss.

• Praise 1

Dealers are unscrupulous when they tried to: -

1. Pretend they are direct sellers (intention unknown but common consumers' speculation will be car got problem don't want to cover under lemon law)

2. Ask for admin fee to do paperworks like bank loan, LTA transfer etc (I had done LTA transfer only takes 5mins excluding queue time, bank loan is easy when I don't have bad credit)

can i ask you something... if seller still have loan and buyer need take loan... but seller cannot full settle unless buyer pass him the money.....

is it possible to still get it done privately?

The best way to raise the standard is not through discussion. It is through action.

If people are willing to pay more for service, eventually, the ones who produce poor service will have to exit the market or raise their service.

That is the only and best way to change the standard business practices. This is call market force. Market force will change the market, not chit chatting in forums.

Can you tell me which discussions in MCF lead to any real changes in any industries? Has Workshops provide better and honest services? Did Petrol companies stop their price adjustment patterns? Nil. No. Zil. Nothing has change.

A forum is for people to express their view points, to let off steam, then move on with their lives.

Your attitude to status-quo is unhelpful. Consumers need to influence and demand change to the 'standard business practices'.

U are happy for singapore to be known for dishonest, low-standard merchants, and ugly unreasonable ungracious customers?

Edited by Pioneer
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4