Workshops Across The Causeway

Obscurest

Hi folks,

I tried to google and search for any topic regarding to workshop recommendations across the causeway.

Realised that the latest post was some time back.

Thus wondering can anyone recommend me a good and reliable workshop ideally with GPS coordinatates.

Im currently driving a Honda Stream.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Hi folks,

I tried to google and search for any topic regarding to workshop recommendations across the causeway.

Thus wondering can anyone recommend me a good and reliable workshop ideally with GPS coordinatates.

Thanks.

You can visit this workshop. I frequent them for servicing, tyre change and major parts change.

Jalan Nusaria 4/6, 81550 Gelang Patah.

Shop name is Yong Boon Tayar or something like that. Can look for Ah Han.

From Second link, exit gelang patah and drive 10 mins will reach.

Lims Air Conditioning. 

Is close to Holiday Plaza - very nice uncle.  Does air con and servicing. 

Later I look for address - help to remind me please

Hi folks,

Thanks.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698290-honda-civic-2007-repairmaintenance/page-8

post #150

those workshop in jb should have no problem to handle jap car.

any recommended workshop that can handle mini cooper? could it be cheaper over there compare to those branded workshop in sin? most important is the service quality and skill.

second this. if you driving honda, let people who are experienced to do it.

just changed my suspension there yesterday. labour RM100 for both front.

Hi just wondering how much is the suspension and where can I get them?

Any recommendations on the brand?

H

Just wondering is SACHs suspension system good?

Appreciate your sharing.

Thanks

Setia tyres and servicing (Castrol Logo at the front of the shop)

Location at Setia Tropika

bout 10-12mins direct from Woodlands via EDL. (Exit Setia Tropika)

There are quite a number of workshops in Setia Tropika itself. Even spare parts shops also have.

Car accessories, aircon, tyres all have.

there's a shop selling Honda spare parts near the workshop i recommended. as a rough guide, a rear damper is usually cheaper than a front damper.

I went to this workshop, got no commission or whatsoever for this. Just want to share;

Syarikat Lim Chin Hin

2 & 4, Jalan Pingai, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Beside Petron station Pelangi, opposite mosque. Orange coloured shop with words "Continental".

Went there for engine oil change and auto oil change (using OEM oil). Price shown on the wall. So no price diff for SG cars or MY cars (which some workshop do). For tyres, do ask the tauke. Got mine change to Continental 195 55 r15 for RM 190 each plus alignment at good bargain. Fresh...44th week of 2015 (4415). (Some places in SG and MY offer 2014, even 2013 tyres.)

Lots of MY cars doing oil change, so maybe the locals trust them.

Edited by Unclejackal
  • Praise 1

I went to this workshop, got no commission or whatsoever for this. Just want to share;

Syarikat Lim Chin Hin

2 & 4, Jalan Pingai, Taman Pelangi, 80400 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Beside Petron station Pelangi, opposite mosque. Orange coloured shop with words "Continental".

Went there for engine oil change and auto oil change (using OEM oil). Price shown on the wall. So no price diff for SG cars or MY cars (which some workshop do). For tyres, do ask the tauke. Got mine change to Continental 195 55 r15 for RM 190 each plus alignment at good bargain. Fresh...44th week of 2015 (4415). (Some places in SG and MY offer 2014, even 2013 tyres.)

Lots of MY cars doing oil change, so maybe the locals trust them.

A lot of workshop in JB are own by Sporeans. Run by Malaysians mechanics. Just why you dont see much price diffrence.

Talk to the mechanics and they will tell you who the bosses are. Most of the Singaporeans bosses are not there most of the time,

Neutral Newbie

What do you wanna do?

I personally just go to any hawk tyre for servicing.

I find hawk tyre not very cheap.. must as well do in sg..

A lot of workshop in JB are own by Sporeans. Run by Malaysians mechanics. Just why you dont see much price diffrence.

Talk to the mechanics and they will tell you who the bosses are. Most of the Singaporeans bosses are not there most of the time,

I do agree with you regarding some of the w.s owned by Sporeans or Spore PR from Msia. But for this w.s, the boss is a Msian. He is there everyday supervising his men and ladies (sales staff). Only minus point is that he charge extra if bring own oil (which is a norm) as he is promoting Castrol. Other than that Im quite satisfied with the work. Still scouting out for other w.s in JB.
↡ Advertisement