Singapore car crashes in Malaysia, with boy as sole survivor

Kv3n

The bodies of d 3 deceased including d 3 year old son already flown back to Spore. The father, as reported is d boss of a car-grooming co & d mother is a property agent. Sad case, overnight, d 3 year boy is an orphan. Life unpredictable. Wish him overcome d stigma of witnessing his parents deaf asap. To d deceased, R.I.P

post-150906-0-18256800-1451182424_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Work in the church or is he a autodetailer?

Baby throw out or passerby break the window?

All story don't match.

The suay car is the corolla.

Bo tai bo Ji die and left behind two baby.

No point blaming who is right,who is wrong,nobody wanted this accident to happen,drive safely when going M'sia.

• Praise 2

chinese news reported the boy was not trapped so the mum used her last bit of energy to throw the boy out from the window.... passerbys then carried him away from the burning wreck  [smallcry]

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local-News/story20151226-397498

If its true, it shows how  parents will sacrifice their life for their kids.

Hope our kids realised this.

Read somewhere of similar bravery/extraodinary energy at the last minute before.

Sad!

Also agree and sad that the unfortunate corolla driver victim here was not covered sufficiently, not sure why our media put less weight on her.

Firstly, this is a terrible tragedy and my sincere condolences go out to all the relatives of the victims involved in this incident.

My main point is about the Land Rover. I am very surprised that the fuel tank could rupture in such a manner to cause such a fire. The impact must have been extremely severe. In terms of safety, I would have ranked Land Rover alongside Volvo, Toyota, Mercedes or Nissan.

Sadly, I question whether the Malaysian traffic cops will perform a thorough and rigorous investigation. They are generally more interested in collecting coffee money than the safety of their roads. I read somewhere that Malaysia has some of the highest road fatalities in the world.

There is no evidence (yet) that the driver of the Land Rover was speeding. Fatigue is just as likely given the accident happened at 7a.m.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/accidents-hazardous-conditions/10-causes-of-car-fires.htm#page=3

"a hard enough hit is likely to cause fluid leaks and spillage, as well as heat and smoke. And, as we know, high heat and spilled fluids create perfect conditions for a fire."

Simple rupture to the fuel line will cause it to leak. Don't need to even talk about the fuel tank
  • Praise 1

Such a sad incident, I was in Malaysia at the time as well. Nothing further can be said, just hope the boys extended family will take care of him.

I think I buy one of those glass breakers for the car, no harm just having one onboard.

Also need seat belt cutter and fire extinguisher.

• Praise 1

It's a good reminder but not only up North but any country that we are unfamiliar with d terrain. In NZ when I was driving on straight road, I saw sign "do not overtake" sign though d road ahead is clear. I was wondering why. Only when I drive a little up then I knew d reason. There were paths out to d road from either right or left which we can't see. I suspect d recent crash of a car rented by Sporean tat killed an oncoming coming motor cyclist n crashed into another car was due to overtaking in this no overtaking zone.

Yes, similar observation on the uphill to Getting and down. The road signs and warnings are there for a reason.
  • Praise 2

Firstly, this is a terrible tragedy and my sincere condolences go out to all the relatives of the victims involved in this incident.

My main point is about the Land Rover. I am very surprised that the fuel tank could rupture in such a manner to cause such a fire. The impact must have been extremely severe. In terms of safety, I would have ranked Land Rover alongside Volvo, Toyota, Mercedes or Nissan.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=B7804818D539439780257ECB0029B1B9&freeText=Blank&tx=

2008 freelander recalled for fire risk

• Praise 2

Also need seat belt cutter and fire extinguisher.

Whats the size like huh? All these must then be handy and accessible, cant think of a place to house them

• Praise 1

Whats the size like huh? All these must then be handy and accessible, cant think of a place to house them

Did some research, some is tool by itself or as key chain which means it's not within your / your passengers' reach.

I think I fancy this though it doesn't look that chio. You can put at the seat belt which is within ur passengers' reach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-QgXsrWxGM

For fire extinguisher, I remember got people selling in mycarforum / the advertiser's site.

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Part of a folding knife. Mine has a seatbelt cutter and glass breaker built into it. Small enough to fit into all my pants pockets. Have one of these in my glovebox also.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 2

Did some research, some is tool by itself or as key chain which means it's not within your / your passengers' reach.

I think I fancy this though it doesn't look that chio. You can put at the seat belt which is within ur passengers' reach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-QgXsrWxGM

For fire extinguisher, I remember got people selling in mycarforum / the advertiser's site.

This one looks small & user friendly, agree with u like not very chio

Part of a folding knife. Mine has a seatbelt cutter and glass breaker built into it. Small enough to fit into all my pants pockets. Have one of these in my glovebox also.

U r very well equipped [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

crkt_exitool_9030_seatbelt.jpg

Good design!

No need to have headaches where to place the seatbelt cutter: it's exactly where you need it if you are in trouble.

Where to buy ah?