Any water dispenser to recommend?

Heartlander

Procrastinating if I should add this Tong Yang water dispenser to my kitchen top. Can share the below:

a. Does it dispense room temperature water?

b. How much does the filter cost and how often do you need to replace them?

c. Did you consider the 3M water dispenser? Almost double the price but it looks like it has more features.

TIA.

The water dispenser has a filtered water output which can be connected to the tap, so you can get filtered water at room temperature there. See the attach picture, right level that is highlighted.  Another option would be to turn off either the hot water or chilled water option by individual switches behind (if you have no need for that function), and get room temperature filtered water from the front of the dispenser itself. Hope you get what I meant.

Each filter set cost about $120 to $160 when I ordered the set, and would last about 9 months for average household. The guy would come to your house and do everything. You can actually order with alkaline option or ion or another type if you fancy and adding abit more.

Feature wise, 3M has much smaller water tanks capacity if I remember correctly. Too small for big household. Tong Ysng is definitely not as branded as 3M but it is a reliable and well accepted brand, and much cheaper.

http://ourlittlesmarties.com/2016/04/3m-filtered-water-dispenser/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be more concerned on how the dispenser is installed.

There are 2 ways to install the water dispenser: from tap or water piping under the sink (if holes can be/have been drilled to run the water hose from the kitchen top to under the basin)

Mine was installed to the tap as need to engage contractor to drill through the counter top which is troublesome. Under reason #6 got a nice illustration on how 3M is routed.

Must think through before ordering.

post-101253-0-38983000-1473582114_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

The water dispenser has a filtered water output which can be connected to the tap, so you can get filtered water at room temperature there. See the attach picture, right level that is highlighted. Another option would be to turn off either the hot water or chilled water option by individual switches behind (if you have no need for that function), and get room temperature filtered water from the front of the dispenser itself. Hope you get what I meant.

Each filter set cost about $120 to $160 when I ordered the set, and would last about 9 months for average household. The guy would come to your house and do everything. You can actually order with alkaline option or ion or another type if you fancy and adding abit more.

Feature wise, 3M has much smaller water tanks capacity if I remember correctly. Too small for big household. Tong Ysng is definitely not as branded as 3M but it is a reliable and well accepted brand, and much cheaper.

http://ourlittlesmarties.com/2016/04/3m-filtered-water-dispenser/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be more concerned on how the dispenser is installed.

There are 2 ways to install the water dispenser: from tap or water piping under the sink (if holes can be/have been drilled to run the water hose from the kitchen top to under the basin)

Mine was installed to the tap as need to engage contractor to drill through the counter top which is troublesome. Under reason #6 got a nice illustration on how 3M is routed.

Must think through before ordering.

Thanks for sharing. Yes, I have thought about the installation, not leaving water hose everywhere and because I have a central heater, preference is not to connect at the tap. Guess got to drill hole through my kitchen top, if it can be done.

Just not sure how my electricity bill will look like post installation. More inclined to get the 3M set as it is supposedly energy saving but largely unsubstantiated.

Edited by Voodooman

Thanks for sharing. Yes, I have thought about the installation, not leaving water hose everywhere and because I have a central heater, preference is not to connect at the tap. Guess got to drill hole through my kitchen top, if it can be done.

Just not sure how my electricity bill will look like post installation. More inclined to get the 3M set as it is supposedly energy saving but largely unsubstantiated.

Do not worry too much about the electricity bills due to this dispenser.

I have a big family who constantly make hot and cold drinks, and the bills did not spike noticeably over the last 8 months. It definitely consume more electricity than before, but not alarmingly.

To me, best is to install from the pipe under the sink, and extend the filtered water output to your tap if really desire it.That way would not look too messy.

• Praise 1

Do not worry too much about the electricity bills due to this dispenser.

I have a big family who constantly make hot and cold drinks, and the bills did not spike noticeably over the last 8 months. It definitely consume more electricity than before, but not alarmingly.

To me, best is to install from the pipe under the sink, and extend the filtered water output to your tap if really desire it.That way would not look too messy.

Thanks for advice. Tested out the 3M machine and the hot water, at 85-90°C, was not hot enough for making black tea, ended up with a Bosch Filtrino Hot Water Dispenser, which can dispense boiling water. Will probably add a filter to my pipe for ambient water. Did not try out Tong Yang as max temperature is around 90°C.

Neutral Newbie

Can check out aqua kent. They selling pretty reasonably priced water dispensers. price range 628 above for hot cold dispenser. Got warranty also. Here is the link if y'all want can take a look see.

www.aquakentro.com.sg/water-dispenser

Hi! Highlander,

After more than 2 years of installation of 

Water Dispenser Korea Tong Yang 8900c Hot Cold Water Dispenser Magic 8900c Hot Cold WPU 8900c, how do you find it?  thot of installed one soon, would appreciate if can have some input from you. thx!

Hi! Highlander,

Water Dispenser Korea Tong Yang 8900c Hot Cold Water Dispenser Magic 8900c Hot Cold WPU 8900c, how do you find it?  thot of installed one soon, would appreciate if can have some input from you. thx!

@vivian0472

@Heartlander

Can check out aqua kent. They selling pretty reasonably priced water dispensers. price range 628 above for hot cold dispenser. Got warranty also. Here is the link if y'all want can take a look see.

www.aquakentro.com.sg/water-dispenser

i had checked Aqua Kent, the price is really cheap, i'm looking at the the model without cold water can save about

$400, replace 1 of the filter with Alkaline add extra $30 but worth

@vivian0472

@Heartlander

oops, thx for correction

Hi! Highlander,

Oh how time flies, now 2 years already since I installed the Tong Yang water dispenser in my home!

Still working very well is what I will say. Highly recommend it if you have a need for such devices as it is really very convenient and reliable so far, giving no issues at all. 

The only negative thing if want to nick-pick is that there is no local retail office. Be it the dispenser or subsequent water filters replacement, you have to place order and wait for delivery. After that you can WhatsApp the local rep who is a malaysian to do the installation in your home/office. But then again there is nothing to complain about, nothing to feedback about as all working well.

i had checked Aqua Kent, the price is really cheap, i'm looking at the the model without cold water can save about

$400, replace 1 of the filter with Alkaline add extra $30 but worth

oops, thx for correction

I just checked out the website for Aqua Kent. Very sure it was not available when I did the market survey 2 years back. Now when I search through Lazada its products will also surface.

The range of products it offer is quite outstanding, giving options such as without cold water, or with 3 dispensers for water, cold, and normal temperature water. Price wise I would rate it similar or slightly lower to Tong Yang for products with similar features. But reliability I do not know...After sale I also do not know. For Tong Yang, the WhatsApp replies is quite prompt and useful when posted. Not sure for now as never send messages for few months but I suppose should be ok lah.

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/TONG-YANG-MAGIC-WATER-DISPENSER-KOREA-TONG-YANG-8900C-HOT-COLD-WATER-DISPENSER/441527060?banner_no=1305330

I just checked out the website for Aqua Kent. Very sure it was not available when I did the market survey 2 years back. Now when I search through Lazada its products will also surface.

The range of products it offer is quite outstanding, giving options such as without cold water, or with 3 dispensers for water, cold, and normal temperature water. Price wise I would rate it similar or slightly lower to Tong Yang for products with similar features. But reliability I do not know...After sale I also do not know. For Tong Yang, the WhatsApp replies is quite prompt and useful when posted. Not sure for now as never send messages for few months but I suppose should be ok lah.

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/TONG-YANG-MAGIC-WATER-DISPENSER-KOREA-TONG-YANG-8900C-HOT-COLD-WATER-DISPENSER/441527060?banner_no=1305330

thx for prompt reply!  so far Tong-Yang that you use is good right?  how long then you change filter? user friendly?

I like the one that take water out of the air.

With the increase in the water price should pay for itself.

I wonder if we will be taxed for taking water out of the air?

thx for prompt reply!  so far Tong-Yang that you use is good right?  how long then you change filter? user friendly?

Changing filter really depend on usage within the family. I change mine about every 9 months (big family). Smaller family or lesser usage can drag till a year lah.

Bear in mind it is not cheap. For basic 3-filter kit, cost about $120 if DIY, add $80 if need professional service that also include changing the water ducts between the dispenser and filter kit and water pipe. So each filter replacement would cost about $200. If you are interested, can get alkaline water filter at about $20 extra or purer water with finer filtration at $50 extra? Sorry my pricing is not very accurate, please refer to the website in previous reply for exact pricing.

Do check out the filter replacement cost for any other dispenser you considering as that would be a real recurring cost that will add up over the years.

Happy hunting.

Changing filter really depend on usage within the family. I change mine about every 9 months (big family). Smaller family or lesser usage can drag till a year lah.

Bear in mind it is not cheap. For basic 3-filter kit, cost about $120 if DIY, add $80 if need professional service that also include changing the water ducts between the dispenser and filter kit and water pipe. So each filter replacement would cost about $200. If you are interested, can get alkaline water filter at about $20 extra or purer water with finer filtration at $50 extra? Sorry my pricing is not very accurate, please refer to the website in previous reply for exact pricing.

Do check out the filter replacement cost for any other dispenser you considering as that would be a real recurring cost that will add up over the years.

Happy hunting.

Thx Heartlander! Think Aqua Kent is cheaper in this sense as i can get the normal & hot water AQ98-T with Alkaline filter (top up $30 if required alkaline at $359 include GST, free installation & maintenance when changing filter at $150 after 4000 litre consumption, if daily family usage is 10 litres then change after 400 days (for filter with Alkaline otherwise $120)

• Praise 2

Just a small update.

Just changed the water filters last weekend. Informed the service guy that I would like to place the water filters out of the water dispenser to be under the water basin for easier future filter replacement exercises and also supposed to improve the lifespan of the dispenser as internally the dispenser would not be so hot now as got space to "breathe".

A 2-man team arrived and managed to complete the re-route within 1.5hr. Drilling of the granite top took more time  as very difficult to drill through. The team recommended a standalone water dispenser as shown in attached picture for accessing normal temperature filtered water. The Tong Yang dispenser could only dispenses hot and cold water, previously the service guy routed the normal temperature filtered water to the tap, resulting in the ugly mess. To be fair, no such option was available then.

The service team was different from previous trip, and shared a lot on the domain. Seems Tong Yang water filters able to last a year for even big household, as they recommend mid-size office with 30 pax to change filters half-yearly. They also operate a local company doing this line of water with own products. Go facebook look for Ace Water. They post pictures of their work regularly, much like PIs haha.

Quite happy with the end result. Total cost: $150.

post-101253-0-71256800-1515385633_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Since domestic helper went back for home leave for a month, has been thinking of getting a water dispenser to reduce the hassle of boiling hot water and storing cool water and cleaning works. With a big family size, this seems very logical to have.

Chanced upon the Fontan office dispenser awhile ago and was impressed with its look. It connects directly to water pipe and can provide hot and chilled water. But am looking at Fontan Home since I do not need a 6L hot water capacity.

http://blondal.com.sg/products/fontan-home/

Then I came across this Tong Yang water dispenser at a neighborhood shop in Bedok that specializes in water dispensers. The shop stocks nothing but water dispensers. The model featured was touted at $938 with free installation. Set of 3 filters to be replaced annually at $120. The uncle was very confident of the product, throwing Mount-E hospital clinincs as his existing customers. And check online found it could be had for $688 with installation, so still looking around. Btw, this particular model has been rebranded by several companies, most notably Novita.

http://www.lazada.sg/korea-tong-yang-water-dispenser-hot-and-cold-water-dispenser-with-best-water-purifier-3-magic-korea-water-filters-black-2486152.html

http://www.courts.com.sg/novita-hydroplus-water-dispenserhot-cold-with-installation-np3360-h-with-installation-ip093855-m.html

http://english.magic.co.kr/App/product/proDetail.asp?prdt_no=70&ctgr_no1=3&ctgr_no2=12&page=1&iMNum1=2&iMNum2=1

I would like to seek opinion from fellow forummers if you have any personal experience in using this kind of products. But please do not bring the Alkaline/ distilled/mineral water arguments into this thread. I only want a simple water dispenser with some filtration function that is able to run off a pipe and serves water and chilled water. Many TIA...

Added: seems like the cold water function could be turned off, serving just rom temperature water.

Hi Heartlander,

I am looking to buy water filter dispenser and would like to visit the shop at Bedok. Can you share the name or location of the shop?

How do you find Tong Yang after using till now? Am considering this or Hyflux.

Thanks

Edited by Cloud9

Hey all.

I'm new to this forum. But have been seeking for recommendations regarding water dispensers. I took @vivian0472 suggestion and checked out Aqua Kent website. After browsing their site I purchased their hot, cold water dispenser K52-T. Sales stuff were very knowledgeable and responsive. Was quite surprised their pricing soo reasonable compared to other bigger brands, no idea why they are charging crazy high prices. After doing research most of these brands the filters are just given fancy names but functionality is the same. Im paying half the price for my yearly filter replacements. 

Will post the link website just incase yall need to check it out. 

https://www.aquakentro.com.sg/water-dispensers/

20191201_120238.jpg

On 1/3/2018 at 5:05 PM, Jamesc said:

I like the one that take water out of the air.

with the increase in the water price should pay for itself.

I wonder if we will be taxed for taking water out of the air?

in singapore, electricity is not cheap too. so i think the energy spent on extracting water from the air will be high too.

↡ Advertisement