Anyone doing major servicing before CNY?

tudorpapa

Whats the motive of that question?? Are you jio-ing more pple to do a mass servicing so can get a better discount? Or wanna ask got CNY surcharge? or ask which workshop open? Maybe you should be more detailed in your post. Otherwise, you might get yes and no answers..

• Praise 2

If not due....why service it? If do a servicing will be more heng and will win on gambling table? Or kana 4D? Maybe you tell us what is your reply you are looking for. Else my reply is No.

• Praise 1

If not due....why service it? If do a servicing will be more heng and will win on gambling table? Or kana 4D? Maybe you tell us what is your reply you are looking for. Else my reply is No.

Maybe servicing add +5bhp. [laugh]
  • Praise 1

Maybe scared jams or price hikes arh... [laugh]

Just few days back, I called one w/s for routine servicing. After checking prices, I asked if I can send in my car tomorrow. They told me not to.... 'cos they doing stock take year end, maybe beginning January then can. [confused]

If you have noticed our salaries have not increased and some are jobless, but a lot of prices have increased by quite a lot...food, car servicing, etc etc....

Just for simple oil change, some w/s are now charging additional charges like general service charge. Then when you change brake fluid, there's additional service charge, coolant = add again. So, total you will be paying same or more than AD w/s. 

In another words, for every damn simple thing you changed, you pay the already hefty marked up price + a service charge of about $40-80 per item.

This w/s I mentioned, the total oil change charge alone is almost same as what my AD w/s is charging.

Car w/s are now doing a booming business now, but instead upped prices due to "demand".

Same thing, now that Beauty World has an MRT station with increased crowd = higher demand, prices at almost all shops at Beauty World Centre have increased including the very economic economy rice. [bigcry]

Edited by Kangadrool

Yup. Have to...

Going to wipe all windows, clean the seats, check the paint work that might warrant a re-coat, enough oils and assorted fluids in store, ensure all electrical to function during CNY periods.

It's a major servicing I do once a year n it's known as 大扫除, 迎新春。

Turbocharged

Yes I do servicing before CNY every year . So that CNY guests come for Open House dont complain very hot .

I mean my house aircon .

• Praise 1

My servicing haven't due yet. But was thinking of going to do a servicing again before CNY and get everything check. You know lah. Singaporean scare CNY no car mah. 

Whats the motive of that question?? Are you jio-ing more pple to do a mass servicing so can get a better discount? Or wanna ask got CNY surcharge? or ask which workshop open? Maybe you should be more detailed in your post. Otherwise, you might get yes and no answers..

My servicing haven't due yet. But was thinking of going to do a servicing again before CNY and get everything check. You know lah. Singaporean scare CNY no car mah. 

Not necessary la..... If you service every 6 months or less, should be fine.

Where do you go during CNY? How many trips? No car then take taxi lor.

I'm not afraid of no car during CNY, but more of no car during school reopen. So I usually aim to fix/repair whatever wear n tear parts in Dec holidays.

let me check......

ok, ODO reads 220562, my next servicing should be by 1/May or 225743.

so, still can clock 5181km...  i an clock around 2.5K if base on recent usage means still can tahan 2mths...

CNY is just 1 mth away, so, nope... i will service only after CNY ...just nice since i will be driving up north during CNY and can clock another 1K, estimate servicing date is early march... and will be doing a normal servicing only, not major... hehe... [laugh] 

anyone doing servicing before CNY? 

I not sure to service or not. My car going to scrap in 4 months, but go this funny problem, if anyone can help.

The speedometer, petrol level indicator, mileage etc not working or showing until I drive around for like 15 mins to warm up the engine. It get worse if cold weather, won't show even after 1 hr of driving. But, if under hot sun, it show immediately. I dun know what is the problem, any kind soul can enlighten me?

Btw, I cannot do any posting of new topic here, why arh?

Chinese new year normally Chinese workshop close for 1 week +- ( 90 % of them)

we want to be double sure our car dun break down this period.

if u are  a car noob, just find your regular work shop, check a few standard thing.

etc tyres, wire haven come out,

brake pad haven touch the metal

radiator got coolant, no leaking any where

battery still got power ( a battery cost many thing during that period , if u can find 1 )

your fan motor working

no crack on the fan belt.

these are very basic , do some resreach, we can check ourself.