Treetop Walk

Showster

I got a tip for the less-athletic brothers here if you want to go to the treetop walk but not become to exhausted. You become a SICC member and park at their carpark. Its much nearer to the treetop walk from there. Haha.

Lucky you start from venus drive and not macritchie. But venus drive to treetop already consider not that far liao, but you still deflated! Guess you need to walk more lo. Cause if seldom engaged in such long walk, confirmed would deflated de. Lol.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Direct hokkien translation?  as in 'walk until Kar sng'...

'kar sng' and 'chow sng' is same same sng, but no same same sng.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Rangers cant possible to patrol the area often lo. Lol. But i wonder does rangers patrol park in the first place?

power rangers or tiko ones from MCF?  [laugh]

Rangers cant possible to patrol the area often lo. Lol. But i wonder does rangers patrol park in the first place?

power rangers or tiko ones from MCF?  [laugh]

I got a tip for the less-athletic brothers here if you want to go to the treetop walk but not become to exhausted. You become a SICC member and park at their carpark. Its much nearer to the treetop walk from there. Haha.

No need become member lah. [idea]

Can park at their carpark, its facilities are open to public. Went there for bowling session. Just let the guard know and he will open the gate. Go to the bowling toilet, pee and then proceed to walk. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Nah, darkness and eerieness also siam me.

Same as mosquitoes, they suck my blood they die within 100 paces. :a-rip:

you white wizard ah?

change your nick to whiteray lor

Edited by Enye

Great! Thanks, I'll park there the next time I go!

No need become member lah. [idea]

Can park at their carpark, its facilities are open to public. Went there for bowling session. Just let the guard know and he will open the gate. Go to the bowling toilet, pee and then proceed to walk. [laugh]

It is still 15 mins uphill from SICC car park.

If park at SICC illegally on weekends, and want to go back to collect car after walk, you will encounter a guard stationed at the exit of the path towards SICC car park. The guard asks to see SICC membership card before allowing to cross the road to the car park. Otherwise he will direct to use the path that is towards Venus Rd car park.

Why would anyone save on car park near to SICC ? main purpose is to enjoy the Tree Top canopy walk and the cameradie of friends walking together, watching the squirrels tiptoeing among tree trunk, shadowing every sight and sounds of the monkeys among bushes.

I wouldn't sacrifice any length just being afraid of pain and being tired during or after the walk. One must have a circle of competition and the threshold of pain to conquer it. And every times i came to Venus drive, i've conquered it.

It's very important to understand the purpose of enjoying the walk, steady flow, fast or at your own pace & ultimately you reach your GOAL.

• Praise 1

I disagree. Climb stairs slowly and with small steps is good for strengthening quads. For years I had knee pain and needed to wear knee brace. Then when I signed up for an overseas trek that involved uphill walking for days with full pack, was forced to train at stairs as the nature reserve could not provide enough training.

After training at stairs, my knees are much much stronger that I can now go back to competitive tennis. The thing with stairs is train on a set of stairs that is well ventilated. Take one step at a time and do not be greedy to take 2 steps at a time which will result in extreme bend angle. Also do it slow to minimize impact.

When the stairs become too easy, put backpack on with water bottles and continue to climb. Same rules apply - small steps and slow. Soon your quads will be strong, so will your abs, and get cardio too. Heart will beat fast when climb with weights. 

yes. Climbing stairs is good and not that hard.  The hard part is the coming down.  

Hiking is something you need to start slow and build up your stamina over time, never try to start walking a 10km walk for the first time, surely will get over tiring de.

This article is applicable not just to runners, but hikers too.

https://www.google.com/streetview/#singapore-highlights/

http://www.justrunlah.com/2017/04/27/get-active-with-google-street-view-and-justrunlah/?utm_source=JustRunLah.com&utm_campaign=c4b39ef555-edm_JRL&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f5304598e9-c4b39ef555-85160893

Get active with Google Street View and JustRunLah!

Get up close with Singapore’s nature and parks with Google Street View

Singapore, 27 April 2017 – Today, Google announced that Special Collections from 30 newly mapped locations in Singapore are now available on Google Street View, allowing users from Singapore and around the world to explore a 360˚ panoramic view of the City in the Garden, bringing the total number of Street View locations to 85 in Singapore.

Using Street View on desktop or Google Maps for Mobile available on iOS and Android, nature-loving cyclists can now plan their bike expedition routes along Coney Island Park, Punggol Waterway Park or the Youth Olympic Park. Those who are looking at planning a holiday getaway can also preview top tourist attractions such as Resorts World Sentosa and Universal Studios Singapore. While arts and heritage buffs will be able to step into National Gallery Singapore and the Singapore Art Museum, any time of the day.

google-street-view-singapore-jrl-launch-Cynthia Wei of Google with trail runners Paviter Singh and Ben Heyhoe Flint.

Cynthia Wei, Street View Program Manager, APAC, said “Singapore is a top Asian destination for tourists worldwide and having the newly added Special Collections on Street View will give tourists a first glance of what our city has to offer. Many people have told us that Street View helps them in their trip planning when they’re deciding places to visit while on holiday.”

Google to work with JustRunLah! to map over 30 running routes covering more than 400 km in Singapore on Street View

We are happy to be teaming up with Google to capture Street View imagery for running tracks along parks and nature spaces around Singapore. Runners from our community are coming on board to contribute and expand on the Street View imagery around Singapore, capturing over 30 running routes in Singapore covering more than 400 km. From Botanic Gardens to Mount Faber Park and to MacRitchie Reservoir, they will be donning Google’s Street View trekker equipped with special cameras that take photographs of various running trails popular among Singaporeans.

The idea to start this project actually stemmed from our friend and community member Ben Heyhoe Flint, who once had tried to plot a way to run off-road from Seletar to Dempsey. It took him 45 minutes of stitching together reference points from Google Earth, Google Map and our own JustRunLah! resources to work out a route. This sparked a thought that there had to be a more efficient way of navigating trails that were common, as well as those that weren’t. Together with his running buddy, Paviter Singh, a Singaporean ultra-marathoner, they thought to link up the Street View team with JustRunLah! in order to provide a new valuable resource to the active community of Singapore.

google-street-view-singapore-jrl-launch-
Launching the project at Google’s APAC HQ
Andreas and Peter from JustRunLah! showcasing the integration of imagery on JRL
Members of the media trying out Google cardboard.
Paviter and Ben trying out the trekkers

Peter Tan, Managing Director of JustRunLah! said “While Singapore is a small country, there are numerous running trails that our community has discovered, and capturing this online is a great way for us to share these hidden gems with more people. As a fitness portal that connects active individuals, we hope to make these lesser known places available to the public and encourage all Singaporeans – young and old – to get active by using Google Street View to help them plan an outdoor workout that best suits their fitness goals and lifestyles.”

Cynthia added, “Since 2009, Singaporeans have been using the panoramic street-level images on Google Maps to navigate and figure out driving directions around the city. While Street View has proven to be a useful tool for drivers, we’d love to make it more relevant for Singaporeans who are passionate about running and looking for new places to explore. We’re looking forward to working closely with JustRunLah! to capture new imagery of running tracks that are off the beaten path and help get Singaporeans more active with Street View.”

google-street-view-singapore-jrl-launch-Ben in Southern Ridges A great tool for runners to discover new routes

The newly collected images and mapped trails will be embedded in JustRunLah!’s online resource Singapore Running Routes database, which provides vital information to runners, such as route accessibility, surface profile, availability of nearby facilities (showers, lockers) etc. Some early integration examples include the Botanic Gardens and MacRitchie Reservoir, using imagery previously collected by the Google team.

Andreas Karampatzakis, Technical Director of JustRunLah! said “Capturing 360o imagery of Singapore’s trails and routes will be a great addition to our online resources for runners. Currently, we have interactive listings of most Singapore’s routes; with the new data coming in, runners of any level can plan their training more efficiently and know what to expect once they are out on the trails.”

singapore-running-routes-BLURB.png

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Now scare of going for macritichie trail run. The King Cobra so huge.. I think the python no hope liao, coz kenna bitten.

• Praise 2

Now scare of going for macritichie trail run. The King Cobra so huge.. I think the python no hope liao, coz kenna bitten.

Lucky is own people bite own people

Outside people see see rook rook

Nothing happen

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Think the python later died. Anyway, the king cobra is really huge and is still living at macritchie reservoir sia! Wait you sway and bump onto this huge king cobra while you hike or run along the trail!

Supercharged

Think the python later died. Anyway, the king cobra is really huge and is still living at macritchie reservoir sia! Wait you sway and bump onto this huge king cobra while you hike or run along the trail!

Laying and hiding, waiting for it's next meal......
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Laying and hiding, waiting for it's next meal......

This is super scary!  :sick:

↡ Advertisement