Replacing fuel filter

Alphas

Well my 10 year old car got the COE renewed so am thinking of replacing the fuel filter, not oil filter, not air filter. The fuel filter is in the fuel pump near the fuel tank. CnC quote 600 to replace both the fuel pump and filer as it comes together in as assembly, should I change it, it is pretty ex but the filter should be already dirty.

↡ Advertisement

what's the mileage on your car?  are you the first owner?

I had a toyota vios once and borneo recommended changing the fuel filter every 80k.  I think it's a good idea to replace for your 10 year old car.

while you are at it, let the agent to have a major service/overhaul, replace major wear and tear parts. Since renew coe already then it's worth to pay abit more to ensure stress-free driving for the next 5 or 10 years.

if you have 10 minutes you should watch this video:

it's quite informative and the person recommended 50-75k miles = 80-120k km.
  • Praise 3

If you pump mainly fuel in Singapore the fuel is clean. Every 100k km is fine. I would say that even 150k km you might not detect any pressure difference with a new filter.

mileage is 130K , KIA cerato V1. Maybe it is possible to change only the filter, but need to dismantle the assembly from the fuel pump.

mileage is 130K , KIA cerato V1. Maybe it is possible to change only the filter, but need to dismantle the assembly from the fuel pump.

I changed my Getz fuel filter before.

Need to disengage the filter from the pump.

The 3 big plastic clips is easy to break.

That's why they like changing the whole thing, easy job for them.

Btw, the filter is about $25 only.

When you add the whole assembly including pump, it goes over $100.

I changed mine twice ard 120k n 200k. Dont feel much difference between 80 to 120k, but on my 300k, can feel choking already, so based on my 120k-80k-100k intervals, if sub-100k mileage, 120k shld be fine, but 80k is not really necessary, do at 100k if you want, together with the 100k major servicing more convenient.

If diy, better ease the pressure in the fuel line, open the fuel cap n tank cap (depend on your model, mine is under rear car seat).

What is the model of your car? Are you changing  the fuel filter at your own or some auto mechanic has advised you?  If you are changing it your own, my advice is that you must consult some professional mechanic, who will rightly guide you. It might also be possible that your fuel filter might work properly after cleaning it. If the problem still persists you must visit car service station.

Edited by ElisaGrace

Any one had any idea how much Toyota vios 2010 fuel filter cost?? Or any recommended workshop to do this and how much does it cost? Thanks

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Kifungilo said:

no response

if u want put some diesel inside is better, so after u replace, u dun need to pump so hard.

put oil on the seal ? put also can, but most ws dun bother. 

↡ Advertisement