Time to invest in Australia?

Sdf4786k

With the currency still at a low level, is it time to exit Japan property market and go with Australia in Sydney and Mel ?

↡ Advertisement

Sydney too late liao. Mel saturated. Tokyo still got some puff but political risk as the japs change PM more often than change underwear (oz starting to go that way too).

Some say gold coast bottomed out n poised for the next upside. The PRCs r starting to take interest there too.

• Praise 2

Sydney too late liao. Mel saturated. Tokyo still got some puff but political risk as the japs change PM more often than change underwear (oz starting to go that way too).

Some say gold coast bottomed out n poised for the next upside. The PRCs r starting to take interest there too.

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

You can buy in Gold Coast or Brisbane (heard it is moving) and still enjoy the "discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency". Not sure about Sydney (at record high) but Melbourne is definitely facing oversupply.

• Praise 1

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

Then you're looking at currency play then. If u betting on currency, can juz dump a whole load of cash into AUD FD n wait it out.

For property, buy today at AUD1M doesn't guarantee u AUD1.3M in future, esp after taxes (which is sibei high if you're non resident n cannot offset taxable income) n potential mkt correction (esp Sydney & Mel).

Ultimately, it's your call.

from a saturation point of view. Assuming I go in. Would it not be a discounted price of 30% due to the drop in currency or am I missing something?

30 % currency drop from around 2011.

Vs price increase of X% from 2011? 

It depends on which state, property type,  you are looking at to have a more meaningful discussion.

In my humble opinion, only invest in the main CBD area if you are looking for investment. Otherwise, money is king if you are not going to stay there.

Why lock up your money while you could easily enjoy it? Australia is a huge country not the tiny red dot like us.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Are you looking for an investment in australia ? i have an investment project in Gold Coast now. It is bungalow. If u r interested, please leave me an email and i will send u the info thanks =D

[sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

Singaporean businessman buys Australian island for $5.5 million: Report
CNBC Tuesday, May 31, 2016

YouTube screen

Always fancied a private bolthole for vacations away from the city bustle?

One Singaporean businessman clearly did, so much so that he reportedly spent almost 5.5 million Australian dollars (S$5.5 million) on an island off the coast of Tasmania, according to a report by Australia's national broadcaster ABC.

For less than the cost of many condos in Singapore - which in March topped the Economist Intelligence Unit's "world's most expensive city" list for the third straight year - the unnamed man purchased Waterhouse Island, a 300-hectare island about 30 kilometers (18.6 miles) off the northeast coast of the Australian state.

The island came with a three-bedroom main house, a guest cottage, sheep-shearing shed, airstrip, permanent power supply and mobile phone reception, the ABC reported.

It could, however, only be accessed only by charter flight or boat, according to the property's sales listing on real estate site domain.com.au.

Property agent Ant Manton of Ray White told the ABC that he believed the buyer planned to use it as a holiday destination.

"I think down the track there might be some plans for an eco-tourism type development but at this stage just a magnificent private retreat in the middle of Bass Strait," Manto said.

• Praise 3

The issue with investing in Australia is you can only sell to a local when you want to exit. For places like Melbourne, I was also told that inner city living is less desired compared to outskirts like south yarra.

Well at 0.998 or 1 to 1 is as good level as we can get. AUD is having rounding bottom. Barring any USD hike in Jun(only 20% chance) and decent Aussie data, I dun think we shd not hope for further SGD gain or loss to consider when investing in Australia. Rather look for the potential upside for property price gain. Some states have run more than others so we just have to look for areas/pockets that still offer greater investment opportunity and returns.

↡ Advertisement