My date with Traffic Court, Court 21

Adrianli

nowadays I also drop my speeds to 110 max. last time 120 is a definite once for every trip from A-B.

the unmarked tp cars really can work wonders on humji kias like me...  :secret-laugh:

You v daring ... I never go beyond 100.  Too chicken.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

bro, so licence suspended no need to re-take driving test?  anyone know how long suspension then need to re-take driving test?

sorry you went through these.  my last speeding infringement was also because my mind was too bothered by a thought and it was downslope plus overtaking cars then got me on 101kmh on 80kmh stretch of pie.  I have learn to not let my conscious mind wander off while driving.

• Praise 1

bro, so licence suspended no need to re-take driving test?  anyone know how long suspension then need to re-take driving test?

sorry you went through these.  my last speeding infringement was also because my mind was too bothered by a thought and it was downslope plus overtaking cars then got me on 101kmh on 80kmh stretch of pie.  I have learn to not let my conscious mind wander off while driving.

think suspend no need but revoke need .....or suspended 3rd time onwards 

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/dips.html

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Personally I think that the speed limits on some roads are silly. (I agree with the lower limits in build up areas / heartlands though). 110 on the expressways are just fine, except for certain blindspot areas. Hopefully, LTA will review the speed limits and raise them.

• Praise 4

Good read and thanks for sharing.

As I grow older, I find that I am more and more at peace with the speed limits. Nothing to prove. And mind you it is not even deliberate all the time, sometimes I glance at my speed and am a little surprised at my speed (or lack thereof).

• Praise 7

and we know him too.....

membership has its privileges....

I also member, where my user ride on your 5 series.

Every time page you no reply.

Your pager drink water is it

• Praise 10

just curious, i noticed the reply letter by TP after appeal mentioned especially heavy vehicles.... you not driving car meh?

Ya. Driving a car. Probably a template that they use.

Good read and thanks for sharing.

As I grow older, I find that I am more and more at peace with the speed limits. Nothing to prove. And mind you it is not even deliberate all the time, sometimes I glance at my speed and am a little surprised at my speed (or lack thereof).

well said bro.

Same here, there are ppl who wan to prove they are faster, let them be...the system will take care of them.

Life is too short, live it fully!

I also member, where my user ride on your 5 series.

Every time page you no reply.

Your pager drink water is it

• Praise 3

Suspension of license for one month .... does it meant that can drive again after 1 month ? Or need to retake driving test all over again ?

Yes. Can driving immediately after one month.

12month or more disqualification/suspension = revoke = retake test.

One of the best threads I read in many years of my involvement with MCF. :D

In Sg... i never go above 10kph limit on roads...license too precious. 

Thanks TS for the great FR.

• Praise 4

This experience is not something glorious at all. Yes, I am remorseful at the speed I was going. I was really lucky that the judge was very lenient with me and gave me the minimum sentencing. [sweatdrop]

The months, weeks and days leading to the court date was really miserable.

But now I am better liao. No more speeding and drive within speed limits on expressway. Keeping to the 2nd lane only. This helps keep my speed in check. [drivingcar]

• Praise 2

Very detailed event log, I can feel how remorseful and worried you were. Glad you realised your mistake and take it like a man. More importantly, have the morale courage to educate others in this forum. Kudos to you.

• Praise 7

Thanks for sharing, TS. Just curious, what car u driving that able to hit 143 within seconds?

难道您就是人称的邱名山车神吗?

Luckily my car gets very noisy above 100kmph...

Thanks for the reminder!

Haha..same. My lao pok cant take that speed and take ages for speedo to climb...I think this is also good for me.

Yes. Can driving immediately after one month.

12month or more disqualification/suspension = revoke = retake test.

Thanks for clarifying ...

Suspend and revoke is vastly different ....

Just to share ... my ex. boss was 30km/h above the speed limit and he went to his MP as well. His MP told him to put on his tie, dress well and just go to court to plead guilty.

Your post has reminded me to be careful .... I just got a speeding ticket for 21km/h to 30 km/h above 80km/h along PIE and nowadays I watch my speedo carefully. Only have myself to be blamed. No court for me .... $150 fine and 8 points

↡ Advertisement