My date with Traffic Court, Court 21

Adrianli

6 hours ago, ianest said:

just got a letter from TP tt i was speeding in excess of 41-50km/h along AYE 22km with 80km/h speed limit......

where is AYE 22KM, don't remember a speed cam in that area leh.

and why was speed limit at 80 instead of the usual 90km/h. now kena go court... sianz...

Road was empty, didn't even realise i was speeding.

Any bros know understand what circumstances will exceed by 41-50km/h first time offender of get more than 1 month disqualification?

I was just like you. Got caught by TP doing the same stretch 59km/h over the limit. Had to attend court and 18 points straight. This happened last October, attended court in January.

Regardless of what the penal code states, the suspension regardless how serious the offence is will depend on the leniency of the judge. I was just lucky on the day of the ruling, the judge was super lenient, let me off with just a fine, she let quite a few off in front of me with just fines too, even though it was pretty much straight up suspension.

Plead yourself guilty, no stupid reasons, be remorseful, tell of your regret. These are the only tips I can give you.

One more thing, they also take into account all past offenses, all the way back till your first one, even compounded ones.

And yes, that stretch is 80, all the way to near jurong town hall road. The camera is usually on the bridge just after the flyover. Usually targeting trucks, but will take down targets of opportunity. The next one are TP usually after making the u turn from 2nd link, cars and bikes are all there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

2 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Actually it really depends.

Not sure if I got share in this thread before (quite a while ago already), but I actually got off quite lucky.

I got caught doing 119 on West Coast Highway (limit was 70). So that was 49km/h over. I was prepared to go court already, but in the end I got compounded fine ($500 + 12 demerit points).

Actually I suspect TP knows a lot more than we know, and sometimes they willing to give chance. Cos my job actually requires me to drive a lot, and I suspect they know this somehow (I never declare this anywhere to police or anything), and willing to give a bit of chance if the circumstances allow.

You got stopped by TP or speed cam?

So TP can decide who they send to court.....

42 minutes ago, adrian140180 said:

I was just like you. Got caught by TP doing the same stretch 59km/h over the limit. Had to attend court and 18 points straight. This happened last October, attended court in January.

Regardless of what the penal code states, the suspension regardless how serious the offence is will depend on the leniency of the judge. I was just lucky on the day of the ruling, the judge was super lenient, let me off with just a fine, she let quite a few off in front of me with just fines too, even though it was pretty much straight up suspension.

Plead yourself guilty, no stupid reasons, be remorseful, tell of your regret. These are the only tips I can give you.

One more thing, they also take into account all past offenses, all the way back till your first one, even compounded ones.

And yes, that stretch is 80, all the way to near jurong town hall road. The camera is usually on the bridge just after the flyover. Usually targeting trucks, but will take down targets of opportunity. The next one are TP usually after making the u turn from 2nd link, cars and bikes are all there.

Wah, now you are giving my hope of walking away with a fine + points without disqualification...cross fingers and toes. Thanks!   lol!

Edited by ianest

29 minutes ago, ianest said:

I got stopped by TP. The conversation was short. Basically "We caught you travelling at this speed (shows me radar). How come?" Then my reply was simply "sorry Sir, sorry". Then he check my license and tell me wait for letter. That's it.

I think it is ok if we get  caught 10+km above speed limit, but to be 40km above speed limit is excessive in our crowded road, even if a person is a seasoned  MCFer, no excuse too.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, ianest said:

Wah, now you are giving my hope of walking away with a fine + points without disqualification...cross fingers and toes. Thanks!   lol!

Really depends on the judge that day. If you lucky and get leniency, you better go do some good deeds after. You know how serious the law is taking speeding, and beating red lights these days compared to earlier in the year. So dont take my case like it will be the same for you too fast.

3 hours ago, ianest said:

Standard $800 fine + 12 demerit points if I remember correctly, for >40km/h cases. No suspension. But with court record to your name. No more model citizen. 🙁

My friend kena at the Keppel viaduct near to Vivocity. That stretch used to be 70km/h limit.

Edited by Prataboy

14 hours ago, ianest said:

just got a letter from TP tt i was speeding in excess of 41-50km/h along AYE 22km with 80km/h speed limit......

and why was speed limit at 80 instead of the usual 90km/h. now kena go court... sianz...

Any bros know understand what circumstances will exceed by 41-50km/h first time offender of get more than 1 month disqualification?

22km is nearer to tuas side (think is around boon lay way and benoni Road exit to be exact. There speed limit is 80 km/h. There already got signage indicating speed limit is 80km/h and also speed check ahead. So tp just happened to stationed at the bridge at that time and you speed though and kanna lor. 

9 hours ago, Yewheng said:

22km is nearer to tuas side (think is around boon lay way and benoni Road exit to be exact. There speed limit is 80 km/h. There already got signage indicating speed limit is 80km/h and also speed check ahead. So tp just happened to stationed at the bridge at that time and you speed though and kanna lor. 

The other usual spot is clementi.

But with Waze, normally helps to keep points intact

On 9/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, ianest said:

Good luck!!!

Dont give stupid reasons. Just plead guilty and ask for leniency. 

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Good luck!!!

Dont give stupid reasons. Just plead guilty and ask for leniency. 

Thanks! 

Yes, that's the plan so far.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:15 PM, ianest said:

Yes, noted on the >40km/h.

If the speed limit was 90 km/h, it would have been <40km/h... lol!

Just checked the location on TP website. Likely kena ambushed. 

Its a mobile laser cam on a pedestrian bridge across AYE before Tuas flyover..... 

Capture.PNG

The two overhead bridges in Jurong/Joo Koon/Ahmad Ibrahim industrial areas are notorious for speed cams. Quite surprised you don't know, if you are not new driver.

This thread is a good reminder but it's actually a pretty light reminder. I was involved in an accident on the expressway where the other party who was speeding claimed trial and the court setting and proceedings were familiar . Luckily minor injuries for all but was still quite intense.  I imagine the worst one is where there is a fatality/permanent injury of a close and dear one and having to relive it in court. That's the heaviest reminder I wish for none of us here.

Sometimes having a car with low horse power helps cos you just want to relax and cruise home. With the whole island under camera supervision, the fastest you can go is still 90knm/h even if you are driving a super car. 

• Praise 1

On 1/4/2016 at 11:44 AM, Mason016 said:

I once did 232 in my wowo.  My balls still shrink thinking about it.  :a-panic:

You deserve a sit in the line up for Singapore Grand Prix 2020, if you were pilot to the Black S60 (T5R) that breathed into the neck of others on SLE & PIE?

On 9/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, ianest said:

Any bros know understand what circumstances for my car exceed by 41-50km/h first time offender of get more than 1 month disqualification?

Just an update.

The first letter from TP is a notice that my car was caught speeding, ask for driver's details.

After I furnish details, I received 2nd letter for $500 fine and 12 demerit. 

No need to attend court. cold sweat... 😂

Abit confused. Why read TP rule / forum some people go court, some no need?

2 minutes ago, ianest said:

Believe it is because driver contest for it.. don accept what TP said..

if co-operate then be like your case.. submit details.. wait for the "charges".. accept and move on.

39 minutes ago, ianest said:

Just an update.

The first letter from TP is a notice that my car was caught speeding, ask for driver's details.

After I furnish details, I received 2nd letter for $500 fine and 12 demerit. 

No need to attend court. cold sweat... 😂

$500 with 12 demerit points? You were caught travelling more than 40km/h above speed limit? This is quite fast by any roads. 

I got a letter to furnish driver details for below 20km/h above speed limit that was driven by my son, there was $150 fine and 3 demerit points,  but after furnishing my son's particulars, he got a warning letter instead.

↡ Advertisement