My date with Traffic Court, Court 21

Adrianli

2 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

$500 with 12 demerit points? You were caught travelling more than 40km/h above speed limit? This is quite fast by any roads. 

I got a letter to furnish driver details for below 20km/h above speed limit that was driven by my son, there was $150 fine and 3 demerit points,  but after furnishing my son's particulars, he got a warning letter instead.

This might mean.... GE coming 😆

大赦天下

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

$500 with 12 demerit points? You were caught travelling more than 40km/h above speed limit? This is quite fast by any roads. 

I got a letter to furnish driver details for below 20km/h above speed limit that was driven by my son, there was $150 fine and 3 demerit points,  but after furnishing my son's particulars, he got a warning letter instead.

Over the limit by 40kph on nearly empty expressway = no feeling

Over the limit by 40kph in a residential estate = highly dangerous amounting to recklessness

1 hour ago, Beehive3783 said:

Over the limit by 40kph on nearly empty expressway = no feeling

Over the limit by 40kph in a residential estate = highly dangerous amounting to recklessness

That's why cruise control is important.

11 hours ago, ianest said:

Just an update.

The first letter from TP is a notice that my car was caught speeding, ask for driver's details.

After I furnish details, I received 2nd letter for $500 fine and 12 demerit. 

No need to attend court. cold sweat... 😂

Abit confused. Why read TP rule / forum some people go court, some no need?

Wow. You were lucky. Just like me. 😇

2 hours ago, Benarsenal said:

Wow. You were lucky. Just like me. 😇

hahaha! High five bro! 

Thinking back, it may be due to my clean traffic offence records.

To be honest, the summons did keep me on my toes.

Since the 1st letter, i've been eyeing my odometer to keep it at 10km/hr above speed limit max. sweat... 

Safe driving guys!

• Praise 2

14 hours ago, ianest said:

Just an update.

The first letter from TP is a notice that my car was caught speeding, ask for driver's details.

After I furnish details, I received 2nd letter for $500 fine and 12 demerit. 

No need to attend court. cold sweat... 😂

Abit confused. Why read TP rule / forum some people go court, some no need?

You are lucky indeed. Usually is court case $800 fine with 12 demerit points, with conviction to your name. 

Did the letter say the offence is compounded with the fine and demerit points?

8 hours ago, Prataboy said:

You are lucky indeed. Usually is court case $800 fine with 12 demerit points, with conviction to your name. 

Did the letter say the offence is compounded with the fine and demerit points?

can't remember the exact words. tore up notice after paying fine. 😂

Wouldn't it be a compound fine if no need to attend court?

Any portal I can check on my offence records?

It is not too bad if one gets  caught for 20km above speed limit, but it is irresponsible if one get caught for travelling more than 40km above speed limit. It is ok to dislike me for saying so.  But being a  MCFer, we should help promote responsible and safe driving behavior. 

• Praise 1

I just came home from my court date with a female judge. I was summoned to court due to driving 138 on 80 road (58km/hr excess). 
i hear many forums talking about suspension and 2k fine etc etc, but trust me they are all out to scare u. Truth be told, just be brave show remorse in court. 
Court assistant will ask if you plead guilty once you enter the court to take a seat (just tell her yes). Next, they will verify your IC in the court room, and get you seated by case number. I had 5 person in front of me, so i could hear their mitigation plea. Some gave funny reasons like, "my car was going for emission test tomorrow and i was testing my car out".... i hear already scratch my head in disbelieve. When it was my turn, i walked up with a bit of a slouch, be remorseful, speak in a solemn tone. "good afternoon your honour, I XXX plead guilty for my offense. Judge will ask "do you have any mitigation plea?" I said the truth "I was out for some business meeting in Jurong, but had to rush home after a call from my wife that my child was not sleeping well" (was really the truth), and she considered for awhile and I was dealt with $800 fine with NO suspension. I said thank you your honour, sat down back in another area, where a policeman ask me if i had paynow. You might be shocked but courts accept paynow now. I quickly whip out my phone, send the cash, and he said "you are done here, off u go". I hope you guys who kena same as me after hearing my story can feel at ease. It is not so scary afterall. 

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Dsluzz said:

I just came home from my court date with a female judge. I was summoned to court due to driving 138 on 80 road (58km/hr excess). 
i hear many forums talking about suspension and 2k fine etc etc, but trust me they are all out to scare u. Truth be told, just be brave show remorse in court. 
Court assistant will ask if you plead guilty once you enter the court to take a seat (just tell her yes). Next, they will verify your IC in the court room, and get you seated by case number. I had 5 person in front of me, so i could hear their mitigation plea. Some gave funny reasons like, "my car was going for emission test tomorrow and i was testing my car out".... i hear already scratch my head in disbelieve. When it was my turn, i walked up with a bit of a slouch, be remorseful, speak in a solemn tone. "good afternoon your honour, I XXX plead guilty for my offense. Judge will ask "do you have any mitigation plea?" I said the truth "I was out for some business meeting in Jurong, but had to rush home after a call from my wife that my child was not sleeping well" (was really the truth), and she considered for awhile and I was dealt with $800 fine with NO suspension. I said thank you your honour, sat down back in another area, where a policeman ask me if i had paynow. You might be shocked but courts accept paynow now. I quickly whip out my phone, send the cash, and he said "you are done here, off u go". I hope you guys who kena same as me after hearing my story can feel at ease. It is not so scary afterall. 

i think u first time they pang chance la. as long as u show remorse.

but i doubt 2nd time they pang chance so easy, u need be extra careful liao.

already use up your token😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

24 minutes ago, Dsluzz said:

Yes, be honest and got lower fine and no suspension.  Congrats.

37 minutes ago, Dsluzz said:

You might be shocked but courts accept paynow now. I quickly whip out my phone, send the cash, and he said "you are done here, off u go". I hope you guys who kena same as me after hearing my story can feel at ease. It is not so scary afterall. 

I not surprised.

:grin:

US Tax Man has an SOP on how to collect tax in a Nuclear War!

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Dsluzz said:

Thatz good. But next time, you will be considered a repeat offender. Looks like the procedure in traffic court is still similar to what I had written here.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I was told if a license suspension is 12 months and above, a person would need to re-take their driving license. Tried to google more details but found none. Can I therefore check if anyone has more info on this? For example, does a person require to take the Basic theory again? Can the registration for a driving test date (after the suspension) be booked while under suspension? Thanks.

Edited by Joe_X123
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, Joe_X123 said:

I was told if a license suspension is 12 months and above, a person would need to re-take their driving license. Tried to google more details but found none. Can I therefore check if anyone has more info on this? For example, does a person require to take the Basic theory again? Can the registration for a driving test date (after the suspension) be booked while under suspension? Thanks.

Have you been suspended or planning to be? If not why bother to check? 

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
31 minutes ago, Joe_X123 said:

Your Google skills no good.. Me Google for u..

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/charged-traffic-offence-singapore

• Haha! 5