My date with Traffic Court, Court 21

Adrianli

This experience is not something glorious at all. Yes, I am remorseful at the speed I was going. I was really lucky that the judge was very lenient with me and gave me the minimum sentencing. [sweatdrop]

The months, weeks and days leading to the court date was really miserable.

But now I am better liao. No more speeding and drive within speed limits on expressway. Keeping to the 2nd lane only. This helps keep my speed in check. [drivingcar]

Thanks for the educational post bro. Life is full of experiences... own or otherwise... and we are all the better for it.

You v daring ... I never go beyond 100. Too chicken.

I've set the warning in my car to bleep if I travel above 100km/hr. There's been a couple of times on the highway when I've hit that speed easily and the warning brings me back to my senses.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Nowadays car more powerful and stable, step abit overshot speed limit, and it's so stable you don't feel like floating, so don't feel like speeding at all. Good share TS.

No choice and lesson learnt.  10 years ago I also caught speeding when I was then driving my chao Ah Beng civic.  That's how my nick came about.  At that time on TPE, limit was 80kmh(now 90 kmh), was cheonging at 125kmh to Changi....TP came out from near Punggol area and kena.  Luckily no court case.  from then on, I am a changed man.

Better drive with care.  Not worth it.  My friend hit someone and that chap hospitalized for 1 week in coma.  License gone.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 4

Good read and thanks for sharing.

As I grow older, I find that I am more and more at peace with the speed limits. Nothing to prove. And mind you it is not even deliberate all the time, sometimes I glance at my speed and am a little surprised at my speed (or lack thereof).

Totally agree with you. When I got my car 10 years back, I am always on lane 1 and 110-120kmh. Nowadays, I am like 80-90kmh on Lane 2.. Think age and wisdom has caught up with me as well.

Yes, drive simi chia? Hit 140+km/h without realising :D

Yah lor.. Was wondering too!! On an upslope some more and the upslope there is only a very short distance. Able to zua until 143kph is remarkable in my opinion.. As I read somewhere, "First time is a mistake, Second time is a choice".

Happy New Year to all and have a wonderful and safe year ahead. Huat ah!!

Thank you for sharing TS, good to hear the outcome wasn't Class 3 kan tong.

I'm sure you're more than sensible; for any bros currently still benched and reading this please please please refrain from driving when without a license as well.

• Praise 3

because he regular MCFer so everyone also considerate towards him...

if newbie... i think world war 3 liao... lol

No la bro. He being very factual n objective that y nobody humtum him. If come in just to ask can do this or that to siam sure tio pawn.

I admire adrian was humble enuf to share his experience n also court encounter. Not many, in fact, havent come across such detailed sharing of negative experiences.

• Praise 13

Thanks for sharing, TS. Just curious, what car u driving that able to hit 143 within seconds?

Mine is just a humble Hyundai i45 2.4L 172bhp 250NM. [:p]

I was already 100+km/h before reaching the flyover. Stamp on accelerator, it automatically drop gear and rpm shoot up. Car was still pulling away. From 100 to 143 is couple of seconds of enjoyment, months of pain after got caught. :TT_TT:

No la bro. He being very factual n objective that y nobody humtum him. If come in just to ask can do this or that to siam sure tio pawn.

I admire adrian was humble enuf to share his experience n also court encounter. Not many, in fact, havent come across such detailed sharing of negative experiences.

Yes. Bro Staff69 should learn to share in details his positive experiences in Nam....

• Praise 1

my ex boss also kana court session for speeding... after viewing the first few giving the usual excuses like stomach ache or need to rush home cos wife sick or whatsoever, he decided to plead guilty without excuses, apologies for the inconvenience caused and shown remorse that it will nv happen again..

he was let off with $1000 fine. that all.  The rest of the few in front of him got scoffed by the judge and handed a heavy fine plus suspension.

• Praise 1

I was already 100+km/h before reaching the flyover. Stamp on accelerator, it automatically drop gear and rpm shoot up. Car was still pulling away. From 100 to 143 is couple of seconds of enjoyment, months of pain after got caught. :TT_TT:

waaaa didnt know i45 so power sia ! Nevermind la , you're in one piece thats more important keke

• Praise 6

brand humble, specs not so lol. Btw, this brand going more jap level.

Yes. Bro Staff69 should learn to share in details his positive experiences in Nam....

Simi is Nam..?
  • Praise 3

I once did 232 in my wowo.  My balls still shrink thinking about it.  :a-panic:

in sg??? oh hor!

I will baodo to police hohoho [:p]

232 in SG? At where huh?

i think ECP is ok for that  [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement